Minimum space London transport...

diesel85tom

• 1 month later...

No real update as yet but yes I have been doing some bits and bobs on the model but nothing worth posting any pics of yet. I have been toying with an idea of a 3rd underground/overground scene but I should really finish one of the other s first. ;)post-22885-0-95329800-1404765857_thumb.jpg

Just to show that some scenery work has been done recently, some walling, trees and bridge girders are now glued in place at the platform end of the layout, I now need to finalise what type of station building im going to go for (maybe something like the street level building at Cockfosters) and dress the platform with benches and lamps. And then to complete the junction end. Progress is slow with having a 3 month old baby in the house... ;)

Tom

post-22885-0-65739300-1405121449_thumb.jpg

post-22885-0-20773100-1405121476_thumb.jpg

Just to show that some scenery work has been done recently, some walling, trees and bridge girders are now glued in place at the platform end of the layout, I now need to finalise what type of station building im going to go for (maybe something like the street level building at Cockfosters) and dress the platform with benches and lamps. And then to complete the junction end. Progress is slow with having a 3 month old baby in the house... ;)

Tom

Now that is nice, very very nice - great work there

Can I ask how did you do the cable run? did you use the Radley posts?

I can almost smell that electric/brake smell that seemed to be all over the underground back in the day

Now that is nice, very very nice - great work there

Can I ask how did you do the cable run? did you use the Radley posts?

I can almost smell that electric/brake smell that seemed to be all over the underground back in the day

Hi yes ive used white metal cable hangers that can be bought from radleys. I used thin metal wire for the cables, its a very time consuming job hence why I have only done 1 end of the layout so far.

I would be able to post better photos if I could work out how to downsize the photos without cropping then write down like I have done so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Not fully decided on a station building yet but I will probably utilise a superquick kit. The one that is in the photos is just an old one but I have a new kit to have ago at.

20150208_1636421.jpg

The next two photos are of my second layout which is still in the early stages. It will have a five road shed scene on the lower level and a 3 platform scene on the top. The layout measures 4ft by 18 inches.

20150208_165215-11.jpg

20150207_172346-1-11-1.png

Managed to get all 4 point motors mounted and working today plus another 2ft of cable runs done on the junction end of the one layout. About another 3ft of cable runs to do before the rest of the scenery can be completed. Looking forward to actually running some trains!

20150215_214748-1-1-11.jpg

Tom

Archived