Loving those photos, thank you so much for sharing them.

I would have thought 3D printing would give you a reasonable result but most affordable examples I have seen simply don't have the required resolution to do a good job, especially with the more curvaceous dashboards. 

interesting thought though, the guys over in the 3D printing section should know if it is practical.

In addition to the coal yard / Nash builders sidings and the turn back siding, there was once a double siding north of the South Harrow branch junction east of the Rayners Lane road bridge. These were sidings built for another local builder involved in the development of the area, E S Reid. The area occupied by these sidings is now occupied by a private car park.

There were also tip sidings in the waste land area within the apex of the South Harrow branch junction, which were accessed from the north side of the junction.  This area of land is now occupied by the recently redeveloped housing estate in Strongbridge Close / Apple Grove.

• 1 month later...

Whilst I haven't made much progress with the layout, I have started to work on the old Odeon across the street from the station,

it is quite a complex building (see my earlier post for a picture of the front), I am focussing on the art deco front elevation and will decide what to do with the rest once I have a better idea of how much space i will have to play with and what I can be bothered to  model.

I would like to do the interior, the few picture i have found online look staggering, does anyone know if it is possible to look around?  

I made a few sketches and drew up some of the major bits for cutting on the silhouette, I have never made any building of such an odd shape so the rest is being made by hand as I get to them, the basic shape seems to be coming along pretty well although the extensive glazing (which I want to fit after painting) makes creating some of the shapes tricky

The first few bits were added, at this point my girlfriend assumed I was making an aeroplane!

20150124_181842_zps9a182aa5.jpg

The centre section of the elephant trunk bit was made from 4 laminated sheets and some miliput to smooth the taper between them, the outer stepped bits are still waiting to be added(not entirely sure how to describe them but if you look at the real thing it should be obvious which bits i mean)

you can see the uderside of the canopy over the door, like a massive idiot i forgot to leave space for lights, so will have to drill out holes for some LEDs at a later date.

20150124_190048_zps03e35845.jpg

More of the curved bits added, they will need a lot of filler to make them nice and smooth but the basic shape is ok.

20150124_212342_zps92fc91e4.jpg

The 

.... I have started to work on the old Odeon across the street from the station,

it is quite a complex building (see my earlier post for a picture of the front), I am focussing on the art deco front elevation and will decide what to do with the rest once I have a better idea of how much space i will have to play with and what I can be bothered to  model.

I would like to do the interior, the few picture i have found online look staggering, does anyone know if it is possible to look around?.....

Classic Art Deco building, built in about 1936.

It was taken over by the Zoroastrian Trust many years ago, and they turned it into their Zoroastrian Centre for Europe. Contact them at:

440 Alexandra Avenue, Harrow, Greater London HA2 9TL

Telephone number is given as 020 8866 0765

Ask them for permission to see inside, and maybe a donation to the Trust will go a long way to assisting your visit. They appear to have kept many of the original interior features, especially that beautiful railed staircase - so very 1930s, the sort of thing you might see in an episode of Poirot.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading your comment i managed to find a website detailing period locations used in Poirot, Can't remember the link but it was one of the first on the google results for an obvious search.

I have made some progress on the main front bit, but nothing worth posting, mostly just tidying up joins and reshaping bits i am not happy with the look of.

I have decided i shall make the wall which runs along the street from a single sheet of plasticard, and will try to cut everything including the brick pattern into it using the silhouette.

to ensure it all looks ok, i sketched out the whole lot with guide measurements on the back of a cereal packet.

2015-02-12201933_zps9eebc5d7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I drew up the plan above on the silhouette software, which predictably with the brickwork included took ages.

It cut out really nicely but I forgot to take any pictures of it in its bare state.

The plaster bits were painted white whilst the brickwork all received a base coat of Humbrol #70.

2015-03-07%2014.57.30_zpsqnlx2jnr.jpg

It then got a wash of watered down grey to fill in between the bricks as mortar, before individual bricks were picked out to give some variation.

2015-03-08%2014.03.30_zpspk0mnoro.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived