ESU switch pilot servo button programming pb

Dear all,

I tried to reprogrammed my servos (mainly the initial position adjustment) with my ESU switchpilot servo but I could not.

The ESU switch pilot servo is powered by an Hornby Select as follows:

ESU                                         Hornby SELECT

pwr A                                        Track A

trk A                                         Track A

pwr B                                       Track B

trk B                                         Track B

I then as directed, powered the system on and hold the a button until this one flashes: it does flash

But that's where the prog sequence stops. At that point I should be able to adjust the initial position of the servo 1 but I can not do anything.

I rechecked the connections OK

I resat the  ESU

no change.

Can anybody help please?

Thank you

Luc 

• RMweb Gold

Dear all,

I tried to reprogrammed my servos (mainly the initial position adjustment) with my ESU switchpilot servo but I could not.

The ESU switch pilot servo is powered by an Hornby Select as follows:

ESU                                         Hornby SELECT

pwr A                                        Track A

trk A                                         Track A

pwr B                                       Track B

trk B                                         Track B

I then as directed, powered the system on and hold the a button until this one flashes: it does flash

But that's where the prog sequence stops. At that point I should be able to adjust the initial position of the servo 1 but I can not do anything.

I rechecked the connections OK

I resat the  ESU

no change.

Can anybody help please?

Thank you

Luc 

Luc, are you trying to programme the address or just adjust the servo travel? I have fallen foul of this before. You really need to be quite careful about the button pressing or you may end up in the incorrect state. I am sure you have studied the manual, I did and still got it wrong several times before the penny dropped. The key is in the number and duration of led flashes and this is affected by the length of time you hold the programming button down for.  I would recommend re-reading the manual and making sure you are pressing the correct button for the correct duration. I have three of these units and it took me some time to wake up to my wrong doing while trying to set up the third one. From memory I had no problem with the first two, it must be an age thing in my case.

Geoff

Archived