Bakewell Street and other 7mm projects...

Gilbert

You can't foist a near completed layout looking as good as that on us ;)

More details please how did it get there ... construction photos .. please

Edited by Kenton

• RMweb Gold

Nice looking layout. What make is the Class 14 Teddy Bear? I rather like the steam locomotive in Post 3. 

Chris 

Thanks

I caved in and bought a RTR DJH 14 - it's a bit pristine but I will be weathering it before much longer.

The Ixion loco did stretch its legs yesterday - invoking the "its my train set" rule of course - and went well. It's sound fitted courtesy of a Digitrains J94 Zimo project

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ken

Visible section is 8' long and is about 15" wide at the right as you look at it and the wider yard end is about 20".

It crates up into a roughly speaking 2x2x4 box for transport

The footprint was set by the length and width dictated by two peco points and a "switching lead"!

Off-scene sector plate at left is about 24" and fiddle yard (cassettes) at right  is about 28" long

The layout can be operated without either the sector plate or fiddle yard.

regards

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Chris - its a superb 74xx by Lionheart - along with Parkside kits it was what really got me into "O". I don't think the new Lionheart 2-6-2T really fits my plans but it looks wonderful

cheers

Chris

Chris - its a superb 74xx by Lionheart - along with Parkside kits it was what really got me into "O". I don't think the new Lionheart 2-6-2T really fits my plans but it looks wonderful

cheers

Chris

Chris,

I can't believe I got my loco recognition so badly wrong, especially as I own a Lionheart 64XX. I clearly need a poster of silhouettes of GWR locos rather like the Soviet and NATO AFV recognition guides that were issued to us when I was in the army.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Chris,

I can't believe I got my loco recognition so badly wrong, especially as I own a Lionheart 64XX. I clearly need a poster of silhouettes of GWR locos rather like the Soviet and NATO AFV recognition guides that were issued to us when I was in the army.

Chris

Sorry Chris - I did consider a PM prior to posting! :no: To be fair it is in camouflage colours...

Chris

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Superb locos on an equally superb layout, what make is the 02 shunter please.

Rob

Rob - thanks - It's the Tower/DJH whitemetal starter kit with a few extra hand rails and lamp irons - then painted etc by me with weathering by Fred Lewis.

Chris

• 4 months later...