Bakewell Street and other 7mm projects...

Gilbert

18 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Bit of fettling and tarting up yesterday so a few photos were taken...

BS 26.3.19 a.jpg

BS 26.3.19..jpg

Lovely photographs Chris :good_mini: As ever, it is great to see more of Bakewell Street, it is one of my favourite layouts on RM Web and always provides so much inspiration, so thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 09/02/2019 at 22:35, Geoff Endacott said:

Bakewell Street will be appearing at Trainwest 2019 in Corsham, Wiltshire, on 13 & 14 April.

www.trainwest.org.uk

Geoff Endacott

He's right you know - track cleaning completed and a few locos being checked out..

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 08/04/2019 at 18:44, Gilbert said:

He's right you know - track cleaning completed and a few locos being checked out..

While you're there, make yourself known to Nick Wood of Much Murkle but, whatever you do, don't mention my name. :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It currently looks like we'll be running Blue Diesel LMR on Saturday morning - with a bit of 1960s steam possibly later and WR (mainly) diesels on Sunday. But what plan survives contact with the day of the show?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It currently looks like we'll be running Blue Diesel LMR on Saturday morning - with a bit of 1960s steam possibly later and WR (mainly) diesels on Sunday. But what plan survives contact with the day of the show?

On 11/04/2019 at 08:19, Mick Bonwick said:

While you're there, make yourself known to Nick Wood of Much Murkle but, whatever you do, don't mention my name. :)

We usually try not too...

• RMweb Gold

On 11/04/2019 at 08:19, Mick Bonwick said:

We usually try not too...

• 6 months later...

This is a fabulous layout with superb detail and a great inspiration to all.

Do you have any more pictures Chris?

If you have one - a pic of the whole length of the layout from either (better yet, both) end/s.

Cheers,

Art

Edited by Art Dent

Hi Chris,  just gone through the thread again as this is one of the layouts that helped make up my mind to move to 7mm,quick question is the bridge over the canal scratchbuilt or a commercial product? The girders look great and I need to build a similar bridge.  Thanks Rob

• RMweb Gold
On 26/10/2019 at 12:51, Art Dent said:

If you have one - a pic of the whole length of the layout from either (better yet, both) end/s.

Cheers,

Art

Hi Art

I've just seen this - I'll see what I can find later today. If not the layout is actually up atm so'll take some.

Chris

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, 37114 said:

Hi Chris,  just gone through the thread again as this is one of the layouts that helped make up my mind to move to 7mm,quick question is the bridge over the canal scratchbuilt or a commercial product? The girders look great and I need to build a similar bridge.  Thanks Rob

HI Rob and thanks for the comment.

The bridge is Skytrex - a kit.

Chris

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26/10/2019 at 12:51, Art Dent said:

Cheers,

Art

Art

These are what I have got - not great

BS Panorama 3.JPG

BS Panorama.JPG

BS panorama 2.JPG

• Like 12

Thanks for those Chris

Are there any pics of the traverser at all?

Also, if I could ask, what point motors & control do you use.

Looking at DCC Concepts Cobalt Digital or Tortoise at the moment.

Kind regards

Art

• RMweb Gold

Art

I simply use cassettes made with aluminium strip on the right hand fiddle yard. I did have a simple sector plate at the left hand side to act as a run-round but that board has now been dropped as we mainly use BS as a 3-3-5 shunting puzzle at shows. I've covered the gap under the bridge with a mirror tile which is surprisingly effective

I started with SEEPs but had frog switching reliability issues and have now gone with Cobalts using traditional AC and toggle switches on the fascia.

The push buttons are for electro magnets for the S&W couplings although mainly we use fixed double magnets on sleepers in each siding.

Now we've gone for the Inglenook approach I could probably drop a coupling on one end of each wagon which would make things a lot simpler although two hooks does help prevent involuntary uncoupling!

ASTB

Chris

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 19/01/2020 at 20:27, Gilbert said:

Bakewell Steet has been confirmed for DEMU Showcase 2020

https://www.demu.org.uk/showcase/showcase-2020

.....which sadly but predictably was cancelled.

In other news the layout appears in the July 2020 Railway Modeller and has now been set up semi-permanently in my shed so it can used without a fiddle yard with small shunters as I don't expect it to be playing away in the near future. I've not used all the details and buildings or the layouts lighting but playing trains is still great fun.

923981124_2005shedBSinplace.JPG.14e2c02ed504f4b0abfb3ec17991aee4.JPG

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, hoover50008 said:

The low relief factory that replaced the terraced houses looks the biz, are they Skytrex awsell please?

E

They are. They worked well in the space.

C

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...