Dawlish; through the rectangular window.

This is what they are doing, O Honoured Duck!

attachicon.gifIMG_3203.JPG

Rebuilding outer masonry wall, which will be supported behind by reinforced concrete.

More photos to be uploaded later.

Would I be right in assuming you accessed there via the seawall path via the Station &/or the bridge by the old Lifeboat house?

Must have missed you then as I was along there but went home about 12.45

If I pause the player, there's a ruddy great 'play' arrow in the centre of the picture - how do you avoid this please?

Ah,  I was also on HD 720 without knowing it

when you pause the cam & the big arrow comes up

try & stop the cam so the bit you want is to the left of the arrow

then you can CROP the screen grab leaving the arrow out

• RMweb Gold

Would I be right in assuming you accessed there via the seawall path via the Station &/or the bridge by the old Lifeboat house?

Must have missed you then as I was along there but went home about 12.45

Yes, I was up there for a site meeting at the public barrier just after 0900, went away, did other stuff, and came back (after visiting Rockstone and Sea Lawn Terrace) sometime after lunch.

I was the one dressed all in orange....... ;)  :lol:

• RMweb Gold

I will give you cam watchers a cheery wave as I pass on the 08:53 ex Plymouth tomorrow morning, unless I'm stuffing me breakfast into me gob that is, I'll be in the bit with yellow stripe at the front (hopefully).

SS

Bon voyage, Intrepid Traveller!

I will give you cam watchers a cheery wave as I pass on the 08:53 ex Plymouth tomorrow morning, unless I'm stuffing me breakfast into me gob that is, I'll be in the bit with yellow stripe at the front (hopefully).

SS

what time is that through Dawlish,   10.15 ish?

• RMweb Gold

That's true, it's a bit damp out there today and I didn't pack me cossie. Just arrived at Exeter, we must be well down now

1A78 is now 21 mins late from Taunton... delay appears due to train-related issues, then consequential loss of path to other services..... over!

• RMweb Premium

1A78 is now 21 mins late from Taunton... delay appears due to train-related issues, then consequential loss of path to other services..... over!

Hi Captain. Somebody forgot to put a shilling in the meter on one of the coaches and without power we were not allowed forward until the situation had been sorted on safety grounds. It's not like the old days when we used to take the bulbs out.

SS

Wow, you must have better eyes than me. I just turned the Webcam on here in the ‘States and thought it was just two locos. What were they? 47’s?

To be honest if the line was not in such a picturesque location it would be akin to watching paint dry... (to be fair I grew up right on the GER mainline where there was even an interesting motley variety of commuter EMU’s).

I notice that the tide is still in!!!

Best, Pete.

Archived