Dawlish; through the rectangular window.

10.53 am

was up near the old Lifeboat house when I saw an uncommmon train coming out of the tunnel other side of Coryton Cove

could not get close enough in time for a decent shot with my camera

so went on Dawlish live webcam

"Old Yaller"  going North

"Network Rail New Measurement Train"

post-22449-0-58848000-1400849055_thumb.jpg

post-22449-0-86156600-1400849119_thumb.jpg

post-22449-0-61481900-1400849162_thumb.jpg

post-22449-0-67630000-1400849220_thumb.jpg

post-22449-0-12399000-1400849275_thumb.jpg

was this the one with a Captain of Industry on board??

• RMweb Gold

was this the one with a Captain of Industry on board??

No idea if any VIPs were on board it today, Don. This particular Captain certainly wasn't, but then again, I'm not a Captain of Industry, merely (according to certain friends) the Captain of a sludge carrier... :jester:

Totnes trains. are reporting that quote "Every Saturday 24th May to 6th September 2014

FGW Class 57 & day coaches off the sleeper will work the following service (vice a Class 150)

2E75 11:25 Par to Exeter St Davids, booked Totnes 13:05-13:07

2C51 17:51 Exeter St Davids to Penzance, booked Totnes 18:36-18:37"

Realtime trains

2E75 13:36 Dawlish. 2C51 18:06 Dawlish

The tracker seems to be out of sync with the action, today.....

Or is it just me?

Best, Pete.

The signal tracker on railcam appears to be slightly in advance ive always thought that it showed signaled clear to that berth ime probably wrong someone will put me right

• RMweb Gold

The tracker seems to be out of sync with the action, today.....

Or is it just me?

Best, Pete.

I've just watched a nodding donkey go past on the Up and the times seem about right for a train stopping at Dawlish.  The description moved into the berth at Dawlish platform about 3 minutes before the train passed the camera and it moved into the next berth less than a minute before the train passed the camera which matches fairly well the fact that there is a signal slightly in advance of the Up platform at Dawlish.

I don't know how the td feed to the website works but on the basis of that single example it is very closely in step with only a slight delay after the descriptions are stepping up on Exeter panel itself.  And to think that only 15 years ago it would have cost the better part of a grand (GBP) to have that on my desktop PC at work, that is what I really call progress.

I think it is probably my location, Mike - it is way, way off now. Trains appearing with nothing on the tracker at all.

Best, Pete.

Update: At 4:00am EDT Live Train Tracker seems to be, er, back on track and time.........

• RMweb Gold

Just seen this.

attachicon.gifggg.JPG

Return working of the Teignbridge timber train, to Chirk (for Kronospan). This was an additional working over the weekend, due to problems with the Baglan Bay supply location. The timber train is also coming down again tomorrow (Weds) and returning Thursday.

• RMweb Premium

followed not that long ago by this..

attachicon.gifff.JPG

Certainly comes under the heading of unusual! Try running that at an exhibition and see what you get told.

• RMweb Gold

Certainly comes under the heading of unusual! Try running that at an exhibition and see what you get told.

How times change - running HST power cars like that used to be prohibited - it means  they can't be assisted from the rear if they fail.   Maybe they don't fail nowadays?

• RMweb Premium

followed not that long ago by this..

attachicon.gifff.JPG

Excellent! Im glad some one caught it Michael. I'd just come off track having been with the ultrasonic testers, walked down a fairly long flight of steps down to the bottom of an embankment and glimpsed it through the trees.

I had to have a double take just to make sure I wasn't seeing things! :O

How times change - running HST power cars like that used to be prohibited - it means  they can't be assisted from the rear if they fail.   Maybe they don't fail nowadays?

That's what I thought!! Certainly the first time ive seen it happen.

Archived