Dawlish; through the rectangular window.

Seen on the webcam 12.36?

digger came down shore line from direction of red rock

on the beach & was working opposite

where they are working on the seawall

post-22449-0-75609500-1401277518.jpg

EDIT from NWR webcam  tracks just visible in sand

& digger boom just seen above roof of white van

post-22449-0-71137500-1401278291.jpg

Edit 2

better shot of digger

post-22449-0-08648800-1401279088.jpg

followed not that long ago by this..

attachicon.gifff.JPG

It helps if you have a FGW engineer who is a member of your MRC:

Item in question is 'Power Car 3', named "Isambard Kingdom Brunel". A PC was required 'pretty smartish' at BPM (Bristol Philips Marsh) and Laira sent it up solo. When one of these movements (or any other train, apparently) fails, it's the ToC that has to retrieve it, not anyone else, so FGW were taking a punt on it not failing and needing assistance from the rear...

• RMweb Premium

Item in question is 'Power Car 3', named "Isambard Kingdom Brunel". A PC was required 'pretty smartish' at BPM (Bristol Philips Marsh) and Laira sent it up solo. When one of these movements (or any other train, apparently) fails, it's the ToC that has to retrieve it, not anyone else, so FGW were taking a punt on it not failing and needing assistance from the rear...

Thanks for the extra info, always good to know more. 

• RMweb Gold

Not strictly accurate I'm afraid.  Under the Access Rules Network Rail can commandeer any loco they can get hold of in order to shift a failed train, even using another train if loads etc permit.  But they have to pay the loco/train owner and then the TOC whose whatever failed has to pay them - and that is simply to clear the line (last time I heard definite information the fee was £2,000 but it might well have increased since then).  That is only to clear the line and the failure is simply moved to the first available place where it can be put aside.  

From there it is up to the owning operator to get it back to their depot or make it fit to move under its own power and they can of course either send a loco of their own to shift it or hire one in from someone else.  If something can only be assisted from one end it makes the initial recovery potentially more awkward and could well increase the time it takes to do it - in which case the operator of the failed train/whatever is simply clocking up more and more delay minutes (and costs) if other trains are delayed by the failure.  The cost of delay minutes varies (still I think) between operators; the TOC which I worked for was on £1 per minute but that is going back a good few years.

Hi

Yes I just saw that & watched it again to be sure.....

Any reason why I wonder?

Also from the last pic on your previous post I assume DBS bring their own fuel down to StBlazey & this was a return empty?

Cheers Bill

wrong line working

attachicon.gifyy.JPG

followed by i think 66007, 021E Exeter St Blazey

attachicon.gifdff.JPG

Hi

Yes I just saw that & watched it again to be sure.....

Any reason why I wonder?

Also from the last pic on your previous post I assume DBS bring their own fuel down to StBlazey & this was a return empty?

Cheers Bill

yes this passed by about 40 seconds before 66007

post-14408-0-74931000-1401390542_thumb.jpg

post-14408-0-11458300-1401390553_thumb.jpg

EDIT: didn't see Michael Delamar full double pic post only that of 66007  doh

edited with some clearer grabs.

I was watching it on the tracker at Dawlish Warren and it dissapeared from it then never seen it on the tracker again.

Just before it there were 2 Exeter locals at Dawlish Warrenwhere one was late and a long time in the platform and another one passed it without stopping.

• RMweb Gold

If there was already something in the Down Passenger Loop at Dawlish Warren, then the Panel would rightly have allowed the Down unit to overtake the down light engine on the Sea Wall. Even if the DPL was empty, this is still a legitimate move now, and allows both trains to keep moving. The Down Main line is not reversibly signalled, but the Up Main is, this applies between Teignmouth and Dawlish Warren only.

the unit was waiting in the platform at Dawlish Warren when the 66 was aproaching in the section behind it, but they let it out in front of the 66 then it crossed over so it could be passed by the 66 on the move.

Also last night about 2pm there was workers on the track working on the wall, on the track diagram Teignmouth section was lit up red, presume that was the start/end of pway possession?

Archived