If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

devildog

Hello Every One,

I am from across the pond and live in South Florida. I discovered this forum through a member in a different forum, ModelRailroad Hobbyist.com . I've been a model railroader all my life and most of the time I've been in HO Scale. In 1999 I got involved into On30 and eventually I went to O scale two rails and I've been modeling that for about ten years. 

I got very interested in the blog of "Bury, Thorn & Sons and his progress on his switching layout. I am in the process of building a small 8 foot long by 18 inches wide exhibition layout in O scale. Iam trying to bring back into popularity the O scale and trying to follow your examples of doing small layouts. Thank You for letting me be in this forum. looking forward in learning from you guys.

Nick Biangel

South Florida

Hi Nick,

Welcome aboard! Are you modelling US outline in 0 scale?

If so, good on you, as this seems harder to do than the very toy-like 3-rail system, imho!

Of course, good on you too if you're modelling UK 0 scale in the USA!

I dabble in a bit of both!

Cheers,

John E.

Group,

Thanks for the welcome. I am modeling O scale in 2 rail. I will be hand-laying all the tracks and doing my own turnouts. The turnouts will be two, a left and a right. They will be a #5 and all the tracks will be code 125. Power will be DCC since the engines (motor) have sound decoders in them already.  They are a SW 9 and a 44 Tonner. Now that I know how to put photos I will post them. With this post I posted two photos of my modules that I am doing. This will be to take to shows and try to promote the type of modeling that you guys do, which I love.

post-22951-0-81246900-1401253051.jpgpost-22951-0-74852300-1401253232.jpg

Ooh, very nice indeed!

May I guess at their origins?

SW 9 - Atlas and 44T - Rich Yoder? I saw one of these in a shop mint new once for about £300 ($400 ish?), Wasn't into US 0 at the time, thought about it and when I had made up my mind, it had gone! Ce la vie!

But, it did set me off on a path that saw me get some plastic & brass models in Espee livery! All 2-rail of course!

Looking forward to see what you produce.

Cheers,

John E.

John E,

The SW 9 is an Atlas but the 44 Tonner is a Brass Sunset Model. The Rich Yoder version is too light. This one is heavy and a good puller. My third engine is a 0-4-0 Dockside.

I search for one of these for over 15 years and about three years ago I acquired one.

post-22951-0-09487800-1401535136_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of my first mpodule on my home layout. The Wharf. The plankings on the deck were hand-laid one by one, a total of 1,864 of them. This module is just a little bit longer than 6 ft long.

post-22951-0-74152700-1402012657_thumb.jpg

The ship is scratch-built, model after a WWII Liberty ship. I had to compress the size a lot. It is close to 6 feet long. I can't take credit for that. My friend Jerry Diaz made it for me.

post-22951-0-09125300-1402013211.jpg

post-22951-0-46242800-1402013312.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Great looking layout Nick, those deck boards must have been a labour of love!  The dockside 0-4-0 is a purposeful looking beast, those outside cylinders are enormous!

Archived