HO Monon inspired layout

Need a little diversion from writing the show guide and checking off my to do list for the Wakefield Show 17/18/19 th Nov so broke into the stash to start to build this boom car. There is an image in one of the Monon books showing a similar car so hopefully will not look out of place on the layout.

post-9435-0-68730200-1509575271_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking through web and books I cannot find the image my brain told me I had seen but this image reminded me that somewhere I had had ago at making the support car when holiday when the kids were much younger. Will have to have to see if it survives anywhere.

Regarding the kit it appears many of the boom cars were adapted by the railway workshops so I think it will be modified to create more of a caboose, riding car for the repair gang to create a 3 car train of crane, Yes I have one somewhere, boom car and caboose riding car

post-9435-0-13738200-1509612433.jpeg

post-9435-0-48530100-1509612440.jpeg

• Like 1

the prototype photo isnt the same as what your describing, its a large steam crane, nothing like the model photos below it

I have somewhere I steam crane that when modified would come close to the version shown on the image. The bottom models are Markin in origin and it would be the caboose and tool boxes I would be doing bot the boom crane on the car itself. Vimes Street has a short repair in place spur so who knows in my fantasy 3.5 mm world they might have got their hands on such a combo

was a big fan of Tim Allen Tool Time so pleased to have picked up second hand a Chevy Nomad for the garage. I do not think I will recreate how his became a little squashed

If not seen the episode short clip here will give you the idea

post-9435-0-55050200-1509722607_thumb.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 1

Interesting looking shed, where's that from?

Mine was from Homebase, other DIy sheds available, it’s lightweight so I can move it round the slabs and requires less maintence. It’s not the most secure shed but since it’s only going to store low cost items, pots basic garden tools etc not really needs to be super safe. The only bit I needed help with was the roof which I’d a definite two person job.