Coach type - Autumn 1997 'Celebrations livery'

Hi guys,

Is there anybody that could enlighten me as to the coaches that were used for the 'Mars Celebrations' advertising train. from the small picture in Modern Loco's Illustrated i have been thinking that they are Mk1 GUV's but i am unsure.

Also how many coaches were in the consist. from the same picture i can see four Malteasers, Galaxy, Bounty and Galaxy Caramel, but the picture stops 1/3rd of that way down the 4th coach.

Any help you can provide would be brilliant and pictures are even better.

Thanks in advance

Alistair

Hi guys,

Is there anybody that could enlighten me as to the coaches that were used for the 'Mars Celebrations' advertising train. from the small picture in Modern Loco's Illustrated i have been thinking that they are Mk1 GUV's but i am unsure.

Also how many coaches were in the consist. from the same picture i can see four Malteasers, Galaxy, Bounty and Galaxy Caramel, but the picture stops 1/3rd of that way down the 4th coach.

Thanks in advance

Alistair

Most of the coaches were converted air-con Mk2s IIRC, i have seen picture of the coaches somewhere but cant remeber where sorry

Bry

• 8 years later...

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

Alistair

Here's the list Alistair:

MK1 (bg) 6311 - Maltesers

MK1 (bsk) 80211 - Topic (former MK1 BSK 35296)

MK2d (tso) 99662 - Snickers (former 5689)

MK2d (fo) 99663  - Galaxy (former 3194 / 6223)

MK2d (fo) 99664 - Mars (former 3189 / 6231)

MK2e (tso) 99665 - Bounty (former 5755)

MK1 ???

There was also one other coach that made up the 7 car rake but not sure of the other vehicle's identify - has anyone got any more info?

Also wondering if anyone can help with pics of coach 99662 (formerly 5689) and confirm if it is a MK2c?

Cheers

Tom

I never thought I would say this but...

Where's Your Snickers?

I'm pretty sure that would be the missing one going by what is in the pack. 

Jason

Haha Jason,

There's Snickers and Milky Way are the missing ones. Not sure what 99662 was branded as and then there is still the number and sweet for the unidentified coach to track down.

Cheers

Tom

Here's the list Alistair:

MK1 (bg) 6311 - Maltesers

MK1 (bsk) 80211 - Topic (former MK1 BSK 35296)

MK2c (tso) 99662 - ? (former 5689)

MK2d (fo) 99663  - Galaxy (former 3194 / 6223)

MK2d (fo) 99664 - Mars (former 3189 / 6231)

MK2e (tso) 99665 - Bounty (former 5755)

MK1 ???

There was also one other coach that made up the 7 car rake but not sure of the other vehicle's identify - has anyone got any more info?

Also wondering if anyone can help with pics of coach 99662 (formerly 5689) and confirm if it is a MK2c?

Cheers

Tom

5689 was a Mk2D TSO from lot 30822 withdrawn May 1996 cut Aug 2002

Archived