Hornby 'Meet the Team' Event - your chance to ask questions.

Andy Y

Much has been said in the past about exploiting the synergies between different brands within the Hornby portfolio and the possibility of producing complementary products, but this has really amounted to very little development, if anything at all. 

Despite the talk, the very good range of Corgi Roadscene 1:76 modern era trucks has been dropped completely and the dated range of mostly crude Trackside vehicles are mostly long past their sell-by date.

The Original Omnibus range is the only really credible Corgi product that can fit into the model railway scene and yet many of those models are lacking in suitable detail and quality.

From Airfix.....?

Zilch !

Are there any plans to seriously explore this area of potential development?

e.g. Airfix kits, or 1:76 die-cast models to modern standards of detail and fidelity.

I would like to ask if Hornby have any plans to accept pre-orders from their online shop.

However, If we receive a positive response to this....

'I still want to buy Hornby products from my local model shop alongside other model railway items but Hornby's recent dealings with the retail trade suggest they might no longer see this as an outlet, are you committed to the model shop business?'

.....then I withdraw my question.

RP

Shall Hornby pay more attention to colours? The blue instead of grey "Greater" in Greater Anglia on the 153 is a very unfortunate mistake which shouldn't of got through the design stage if a quick image search was performed.

Archived