Manchester MRS 5/6 December 2015

Andy C

THE CHRISTMAS MODEL RAILWAY SHOW

We are happy to announce that we now have a new (old) venue sorted back in the City Centre - the Barnes Wallis building at the University of Manchester (UMIST as was) and time wise back in our traditional Christmas slot.

Manchester Model Railway Society is delighted to announce that their next exhibition will take place in The Barnes Wallis Building of the University of Manchester Northern Campus on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th December 2015.The Society has taken the opportunity, offered by a year without an exhibition, to re-think all aspects of its annual show. To mark its 90th birthday year, the Society has made the bold move of returning to the city centre and to its traditional pre-Christmas timing. As well as being the third oldest model railway society in the world, Manchester Model Railway Society is the only one in the UK to stage an exhibition in the centre of a major city.

TheBarnes Wallis building is close to both Piccadilly and Oxford Road Stations. It is ideally placed to allow visitors from all over the country to visit one of the finest model railway exhibitions in the UK, and also to visit the acclaimed Manchester Christmas Street Markets. Although planning is still in its early stages, the society intends that there will be layouts in a full range of sizes and scales, representing railways from all over the world and from many different time periods , together with trade stands, demonstrations and lectures. To be kept informed of developments as the Exhibition takes shape, join our mailing list by emailing: exhibition@mmrs.co.uk

Updates will also be given on our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/206204646113111/

• RMweb Gold

its only a 2 day show No friday

Ah, my fault for not reading everything.

I thought it was this year (where Dec the 5th is a Friday.)

Oh well, put me :) and my 8yr old son :boast:  down for the Saturday slot!

Kev.

A traditional Christmas event to be enjoyed by all. Never liked it in October just didn't seem right.

Let the ladies do the shopping and just the place for the lads to go !!!

Great news

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

THE CHRISTMAS MODEL RAILWAY SHOW - MANCHESTER 2015

ANNOUNCEMENT: Change of venue.

About a 2 months ago MMRS received news that the New Century Hall had been bought by a development company and had plans for the Hall which meant we could not hold a show there in 2015.

I am pleased to say the search for new premises has led us back to another City Centre old venue of the Manchester Show - we are bouncing back to the Barnes Wallis Building at the Northern Campus University of Manchester (The old UMIST). Its very close to both Oxford Road and Piccadilly Stations.

The date remains the same, 5 and 6 December 2015 and we do have a new title as reflected in the header to this post.

Archived