Zeilende - RhB in 1/45th scale

RhBBob

Very nice Bob, excuse my ignorance but is this a new layout? and will there be an appearance of the Tmf? :)

Yes, Tom, this is the latest layout which is designed to fit into what remains of the garage space - a long narrow corridor with a workbench at each end.  When the fiddle-yard arrives from Model Railway Solutions, the layout will be some 22 feet long by 2 feet wide.  The Tmf 4/4 (Alpin Line) will be present although the other Tm, a 2/2 will hopefully appear soon. Sadly I have abandoned the 3-D printed versions and gone for the brass Signalmeister model from Austria.  

All being well, the first exhibition will be Biggleswade in February 2016.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

. Sadly I have abandoned the 3-D printed versions

I really need to get going on that again, mine is stripped and primered and I've rubbed it down to a nice finish now. Just haven't had the spur to do Om as I've been waiting on the Bemo track coming out! I'm aiming for a couple of Ge4/4's and the original Tm they are doing as the basic roster. Picked up the restaurant coach a few weeks ago. Got bookings into 2016 now for the G scale so no rush on building an Om one. Wonder if we could go modular and join them up Bob :)

yes that is pure evil and never leaves my mind.

I really need to get going on that again, mine is stripped and primered and I've rubbed it down to a nice finish now. Just haven't had the spur to do Om as I've been waiting on the Bemo track coming out! I'm aiming for a couple of Ge4/4's and the original Tm they are doing as the basic roster. Picked up the restaurant coach a few weeks ago. Got bookings into 2016 now for the G scale so no rush on building an Om one. Wonder if we could go modular and join them up Bob :)

I'm in, don't tell the wife!

I wonder what track profile Bemo will use ?  The original looked even higher than my code 124/125; I can manage the smidgen between 22.5 and 22.2 gauge !

The standing joke from my fellow operator is that we always need a van to carry the rolling stock....and a small trailer for the layout  :jester:

Then there is the question of Quality - I never realised that it could be separated from the word 'Street'  :senile:

Feb 2016 is my invite to Biggleswade, NHS, Her Indoors and my follow operator permitting. Sounds a long time away but time flies when you're having fun  :jester:

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ah the temptation ;) Nothing awful about it! if you paint the catenary with a paint marker it hides the shiny solder Bob, I used a greenish grey to simulate weathered copper and it made a huge difference to blending it in.

Thanks, Paul !  

Happily, still a work-in-progress; original catenary was painted with Faller texture grey paint....something like this.

http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/produkt/FALLER/39-7-0-7857-004002-0-0-0-0-0-0-grp-gb-p-0/ein_produkt.html

Ouch, was that a mistake !  Went on superbly, though.

Any show dates?

No, sorry, it's a home layout these days !  A holiday with the NHS back in 2012 brought out the extra health needs and prompted She-whom-I-love to hint that I should give up the exhibiting after some 28 years.

Archived