One week until Rapido Day... and a clue!

rapidotrains

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Rapido Day is one week away.  I hope you can all make it up to Shildon!

More info is here: http://www.rapidoUK.com

Here's your clue for today.  The train thing we are making does NOT have one of these.

Best regards,

Jason

See - it has definitely got a 6 in the number (when in BR livery) so the clues I have given could be correct  (their full significance will have to wait for Jason to get his scanning machine out of the closet at which point I will be able to reveal the true, and accurate (honest!), significance of 3 and 6 in his project.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Rapido Day is one week away.  I hope you can all make it up to Shildon!

More info is here: http://www.rapidoUK.com

Here's your clue for today.  The train thing we are making does NOT have one of these.

Best regards,

Jason

DOC.jpg

That's only because you can't see where it isn't.

Mike.

Well if it has no bell I can't use it on my Canadian layout as I can't get it past the rule 42 "whistle and bell by all men and machines."

So also does it not have a chimney, or does it not have a streamlined front?

Hhmmm.... So,.. apart from not having a chimney, bell, whistle, lamp iron, smoke box door, handrail,  even streamlining.

There's only one clue left,  and that's gotta be the predominant colour,    i.e.   A Rhapsody in Blue.

With all the b*!!*ck$ coming from this supplier, I wonder if they have thought that they might just be putting their potential customers off

I'd say that's somewhat unfair; Jason's kept dangling various red herrings in front of RMweb readers as many have found it an entertaining process and he's generated a lot of airtime for the project which means more people will be keeping an eye open on Tuesday which leads to more people ordering which improves the success of the project. I know of quite a few folk, who if they're proved right on Tuesday, will be placing orders.

I think it's been great that Jason's shared some of the build-up with readers.

With all the b*!!*ck$ coming from this supplier, I wonder if they have thought that they might just be putting their potential customers off

Only those who have had their sense of humour surgically removed :declare:

Cheers,

David

Last time I looked, Canada was still on the American continent ;) :P

That would be North America, if you want to be accurate. For a local comparison, go into a Irish pub and tell them all they're English, we react the same way to being called American. :declare:  (no offence intended :friends:)

Cheers,

David

Try APT-P or APT-E. They apparently have power cars from both at Shildon. Both have a wedged shaped front, neither have a bell. The APT-E car may not actually be the power car. Just called it that as an easy reference. I belive the power car was actually the un-streamlined car in the middle of the set.

• RMweb Gold

Try APT-P or APT-E. They apparently have power cars from both at Shildon. Both have a wedged shaped front, neither have a bell. The APT-E car may not actually be the power car. Just called it that as an easy reference. I belive the power car was actually the un-streamlined car in the middle of the set.

Shildon has the APT-E, the gas turbine four car set with two power cars. The NRM's APT-P power car (which is the electric one that went in the middle of the set and doesn't have cabs) is now at the Electric Railway Museum at Coventry.

Archived