Kato GEX sets and the future

backofanenvelope

• RMweb Premium
On 11/02/2021 at 18:57, MrTea said:

I’ve had my invoice through from Traintrax for my Allegra and RhB panorama wagon so I think these might be imminent. 

Postie’s been :)

09608DFA-9071-47E3-A4F4-787F5328BFB2.jpeg.54ee2dc5cefa0c83de71215baea3c29a.jpeg

The panorama coach is crying out for some passengers to be added. 

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

3508 and the panoramic wagons just landed. 
I fitted the short snap coupling supplied with the Allegra and it works fine on 150mm curves

Kato Nm9

Kato Nm9

Kato Nm9

on 150mm radius

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, MrTea said:

I notice that Traintrax have the newly announced baggage car and EW1 re-runs available for pre-order. 

Also the UNESCO Landwasser viaduct Ge4/4-III.

Hobbysearch says that their third most popular item currently is the Luggage Van. Other RhB items feature in their Top 20. I hope Mr Kato is watching.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MrTea said:

I notice that Traintrax have the newly announced baggage car and EW1 re-runs available for pre-order. 

Yes and I looked up how many EW1’s I had to get the right number of baggage cars ;) Now I’ve built LQ turntable I think a Chur yard board may be next that can be an on scene fiddleyard! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, MrTea said:

I pressed the 'reserve' button for the Ds van on Hobby Search around 2 weeks ago, along with a load of spares, including parts relevant to some of the new items to facilitate the ongoing kitbashing programme

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Glorious NSE said:

Interesting sign that Kato continues to regard this as an ongoing range and not just a novelty

Not sure that's been in doubt for a long time now. The Allegra and EWI were already taking the range a long way from the original 'Glacier Express set as a memento of a Japanese tourist's journey on the GEX'

• Like 1

4 years ago today. One of my shots which is of interest to Kato RhB series modellers:

643 heads a combined Albula RE+Glacier Express (GEX), formed of a 'standard 7' EW coach set (4 x 2nd, 1 x baggage/auxiliary power 'Ds' van pan up, 2 x 1st; a standard GEX 6 car, and another Ds van trailing at the back (pan down)

bergurn 2 apr 2017 - 1 (6).jpg

Edited by Gordonwis
  • Like 8

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

As Gordon notes we now need the non pantograph types ;) On my modular system I’ll actually be running short Regio style sets with these. 
We now need some AB’s (half 1st), Bt’s and BDt’s, (steuerwagen), please Kato :) 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 5