Looking for Kato HO SD40-2 in BNSF Heritage I or II Livery

Parthia27

Hi Folks,

Some of you may be aware that I have been struggling a bit recently due to ill health, I'm now starting to recover a bit and the modelling bug is starting to come back :-).

I'm looking to do a quick detailing / weathering project to ease myself back in, something different from my usual Burlington Northern stuff but nothing too involved.

One thing I've been doing a lot of is going through the internet and Youtube for some inspiration and have picked up a liking for SD40-2's BNSF I or II pumpkin livery. Don't know why this is the case but sometimes things just catch your eye and you want to for no reason to model them.

I have looked at the usual UK vendors and eBay and I can't track one down here. If I can avoid it I'd rather not import one from the USA and was wondering if anyone on this forum in the UK had one going spare that they would be willing to sell. I am not fussed with it being DCC or sound fitted, however sound would be good, and I am specifically looking for a Kato engine, not Bachman, Athearn or others as I do not want to have to do an RPM level rebuild. If you have one available please drop me a pm with details of the price you are looking for and I'll get back to you.

Cheers

Chris

Chris, if you absolutely can't find one PM me - I'm sure I can track one down for you and ship it over.

Thanks Ken, that is very kind of you. No luck so far, will keep looking though.

Cheers

Chris

Sadly they are becoming as rare as rocking horse droppings. I've managed to get 5, but it took me 2 years of hunting to do it. (2 BN white face, 2 pumpkins, 1 ATSF) I really need another pair but the last ones I saw were at an NMRA convention and the bloke wanted £130 each!!! No chance. I've got a feeling you are going to have to either make do with the Athearn, order from the US, or wait for the new Intermountain one. (BNSF due in Dec/14)

I've just found and purchased a Whiteface that has just come up on eBay in the UK. I've got the correct Microscale decals to do a renumbering job on it. I already have a Kato BN original which has been on my to do list for a few years. Might be cheaper for me to order some paint from Model Junction, strip this one and get out the Airbrush.

I'll wait a few days to see what happens

I think I might have a Kato one floating around somewhere, but can't remember if it's BNSF Heritage or another company. Never been used, and has all its papers and detailing parts. I'll see if I can unearth it over the weekend....

Would this be what you're looking for?

post-6879-0-84575600-1403262558_thumb.jpg

I think I might have a Kato one floating around somewhere, but can't remember if it's BNSF Heritage or another company. Never been used, and has all its papers and detailing parts. I'll see if I can unearth it over the weekend....

Would this be what you're looking for?

Many thanks, I have just sent you a PM.

Cheers

Chris

Archived