The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

Hi, Sorry lot of TC's there, just to clarify, Lead loco PC-1 is working fine motion and should get directional lights, TC-1 the seating coach has working interior lighting, TC-2 the coach with the computer's in is not working? no interior lights or active computer lights, PC-2 trailing power car has motion and directional lighting, is this the correct set up?

Hi, Sorry lot of TC's there, just to clarify, Lead loco PC-1 is working fine motion and should get directional lights, TC-1 the seating coach has working interior lighting, TC-2 the coach with the computer's in is not working? no interior lights or active computer lights, PC-2 trailing power car has motion and directional lighting, is this the correct set up?

Mostly right, PC-2 is completely dead though, no motion and no directional lights and TC-2 has no lights

Mostly right, PC-2 is completely dead though, no motion and no directional lights and TC-2 has no lights

Right, go from scratch, connect both power cars back to back see what happens, coach lighting is always on so try each coach individually, you might need to swap bogies about, Is there any short circuiting?

Right, go from scratch, connect both power cars back to back see what happens, coach lighting is always on so try each coach individually, you might need to swap bogies about, Is there any short circuiting?

I love my railway but not so good on the technicalities, how do I know if it's a short circuit?

No problem, Check the operation of the power cars back to back, see what happens, if you put a bogie on each coach and leave them separated they should light up, always double check the connection it may seem o.k but might not be fully home,

Wow!!! We are over the moon that the APT-E won 'Model of the Year'! Thank you to everyone who voted , we couldn't be more pleased!

Rapido did us proud when we asked them to make this model for the NCiM series!

Thanks Bill and Jason and Gareth and Thomas for doing such a splendid job! It was a tremendous amount of work for our small team but well worth it!

Thank you again x

Sandra

• Like 9

Wow!!! We are over the moon that the APT-E won 'Model of the Year'! Thank you to everyone who voted , we couldn't be more pleased!

Rapido did us proud when we asked them to make this model for the NCiM series!

Thanks Bill and Jason and Gareth and Thomas for doing such a splendid job! It was a tremendous amount of work for our small team but well worth it!

Thank you again x

Sandra

Just amazed by this announcement... and extremely proud! Thanks to the Locomotion crew and especially to Kit and the APT-E group for all the time that they spent counting rivets, entertaining us with stories and correcting sandwich designs! 

Bill

• Like 4

Just amazed by this announcement... and extremely proud! Thanks to the Locomotion crew and especially to Kit and the APT-E group for all the time that they spent counting rivets, entertaining us with stories and correcting sandwich designs! 

Bill

ALRIGHT!  :good:  :good:  :good: 

I'm chuffed to blazes, thanks for giving us the opportunity Bill, it was REALLY fun working with you guys to get it right. :D

Not ONCE did you say 'No, that's not practical, we'll have to make it simpler', you just got on and did it. I really can't imagine any of the other majors taking that 'can do' attitude.

I realise that the correct brand of cheese was what finally clinched it for the E-Train, I mean, how many other 2016 models even had cheese sarnies anyway?  :D

Edited by Mr_Tilt
  • Like 5

Bill

What a great result for two great teams - Rapido and Locomotion. Thank you from a happy modeller

• Like 1

Congratulations to all at Locomotion, a fantastic result and well-deserved. Also, of course, to Rapido, for their skill in bringing this project to fruition, it is an awesome model which defines the engineering expertise that BR had at that time.

• Like 1

Is there any progress on the hst prototype?

On the back burner at the moment,

Off the Rapido UK website:

Prototype HST gets a caution signal

Rapido visited Locomotion Shildon in January to talk projects with the Locomotionmodels.com team. We sat down together and had a detailed look at the finances of the HSDT project. Due to the drop of the value of the pound and its continuing instability, we feel that the Prototype HST model is not financially viable at present.

The project has not been cancelled, but like several mainline electrification projects in the UK it has been ‘paused’ for the time being. We know this news will be enormously disappointing, but the realities of the economic situation can’t be avoided. Stay tuned to future newsletters for more information about this project.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

At last, almost a year to the day after I received the APT, I put it together and ran it on my garden layout. It is wonderful to hear the sound start up in PC-2 as you firmly but gingerly connect it to the rest of the train.

I doubt if mine will be breaking any speed records; I'm just going to have fun with it. Now, where did I put that stopwatch?

• Like 2

I have yet to remove mine from the box it came in ......  I really must do that now I can run locos on my layout ....  :)

Good idea. Mind you don’t hit lineside structures with it! As observed by others, the front and rear overhangs are large.

Watched a programme on quest last night about Japanese railways claiming they invented the tilting train!

Btw it was an American made show so you know how they like to distort history