The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

Question for you guys, somehow I have managed to loose one of the connecting modules and damage one of the noses and was wondering if you could remind me how to get replacement

I,d contact Rapido directly. They were helpful with some LRC part I had issues with once.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for you guys, somehow I have managed to loose one of the connecting modules and damage one of the noses and was wondering if you could remind me how to get replacement

Hi,

Not sure if you have contacted Rapdio yet, if you could please send me a pm with your details in it andi will be able to send out a replacement part.

Now if you have already contacted me then they will be posted soon :sungum:

Edited by rapidorepairsuk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Took mine out for a spin this pm as it is chucking down here. Found out the front bogies dont like curved points or my double slip. BTB are fine will be to investigate further. Tis the only Loco that does this on my track. Strange

Well in the end I adjusted the front and rear end wheel sets and hey presto it is now travelling around fine.

The new problem is one set of red tail lights comes on and off sporadically so must be a connection issue internally. Don't fancy taking this apart just yet though

• RMweb Premium

Well it did turn out that the wheel sets were slightly wider than they should of been.

Next problem is the tail lights on tc2 are clicking on and off as it travels around the track. Don't fancy opening this up just yet!

I had to take my set apart to re-attach a piece of bogie dangling underneath, and after reassembly the motor in PC2 did not run. I reassembled the set without TC1, and the motor came back into life.

This might be a quick fix for your tail lights. The set ran without TC1 for its initial trips, so this is a prototypical formation.

- Richard.

I had to take my set apart to re-attach a piece of bogie dangling underneath, and after reassembly the motor in PC2 did not run. I reassembled the set without TC1, and the motor came back into life.

This might be a quick fix for your tail lights. The set ran without TC1 for its initial trips, so this is a prototypical formation.

- Richard.

Hi Richard,

Yes, E train many, many times with just PC1 , TC2, PC2.

TC2 had to be always in the consist as Tilt control and turbine control where enclosed within it.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Well it did turn out that the wheel sets were slightly wider than they should of been.

Next problem is the tail lights on tc2 are clicking on and off as it travels around the track. Don't fancy opening this up just yet!

Guessing 2 reasons for this, one is the connectors aren't fully connected, try popping off the module covers on each bogie (small covers between coaches and power cars) to make sure of positive contact, it may feel right but not 100% and there's issues.

Also how are you running her? Is it factory dcc sound unit or the non dcc silent unit? and are you running DC or DCC? reason for asking is Rapido use ESU decoders and E-Train is rigged for ESU decoders, yes you can run others but they need to be dialled in,

I had issues with "Service Use's" cab light which was circuit board issue that was dealt with, E-Train herself is perfect, not one single issue, neither one has ran now for nearly 2 years, Christ, 2 years! time flies, I need to get these beauty's back on track, Literally.

Hope this helps,

Hastings Lab 4 update

The following pics are snapshot of the work carried out by myself over the last few months. Its looking better each time I go.

March 16th

25975901257_1a39358dbd_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

May 6th

40119286820_490a950f47_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

May 13th

28236010298_835bfd165d_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

June 14th

42754492662_ac74b3eca2_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

June 29th

42191876555_3efc7356c1_z.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

Cheers

Shane

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium

Wow.

I have had mine out of its box today for only the third time and just applied the Railtech Anti maccassers to the seats and just debating should I weather it as hoping to use it this weekend

Don't know if this helps but I keep mine in a TrainSafe travel tube:

https://shop.train-safe.de/en/HO/Gauge/H02L/Travel/TRAIN-SAFE-Travel-Gauge-H0.html

The prices have gone up since I bought mine, but you can offload the APT onto the layout and load up the tube with another train if needed for travel. Saves a lot of uncoupling.

- Richard.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Don't know if this helps but I keep mine in a TrainSafe travel tube:

https://shop.train-safe.de/en/HO/Gauge/H02L/Travel/TRAIN-SAFE-Travel-Gauge-H0.html

The prices have gone up since I bought mine, but you can offload the APT onto the layout and load up the tube with another train if needed for travel. Saves a lot of uncoupling.

- Richard.

I do intend getting one of those. However as mine is going by train with us its got to come out of its box to fit our rucksack. It will be in the individual blister packs it came in the box

Edited by roundhouse

I do intend getting one of those. However as mine is going by train with us its got to come out of its box to fit our rucksack. It will be in the individual blister packs it came in the box

Good job with the anti-macassar. I have a set waiting to go on. Any tips or problems encountered?

• RMweb Gold

Good job with the anti-macassar. I have a set waiting to go on. Any tips or problems encountered?

Not really but would have been easier if I had removed the lighting bar.

I applied gloss varnish first. I also made up three false seat backs to hide the coupling mechanism.

Once all anti-macassars were on I applied another coat of varnish to seal them in.

Wow.

I have had mine out of its box today for only the third time and just applied the Railtech Anti macassars to the seats and just debating should I weather it as hoping to use it this weekend

Blimey - mine has never left the brown shipping carton and I’m starting to think it never should !

Not really but would have been easier if I had removed the lighting bar.

I applied gloss varnish first. I also made up three false seat backs to hide the coupling mechanism.

Once all anti-macassars were on I applied another coat of varnish to seal them in.

Yes, taking the lighting bar off first is a good preliminary step for any work on the trailer car interiors. Specially if you want to change the cheese sandwich from white to brown bread.............  :D

I meant to post a list of straightforward colour changes that users could make to increase the accuracy of the interior of TC1 & 2, but as usual other things are getting in the way. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Blimey - mine has never left the brown shipping carton and I’m starting to think it never should !

Personally I don’t understand the point in this. Why buy a model to not even look at it? I’m not saying your doing the wrong thing of course, just that I don’t understand the point.

Mine sat in its box for a long time due to not having anywhere to run it but I wanted one. Hopefully it will get a good run this weekend.

I wonder how many of these models have been on a Virgin Pendolino.

Mine may do on the Sunday of the Warley Show this year as I'll be heading there by train for a change. I hope my Karry Kase for it will fit in the luggage racks though. 

• Like 1