The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

I agree with Kit on that one, PC-1 & 2 back to back, check the lights as well, hopefully just the connector not pushed all the way home it doesn't take much for it not to work.

Can't remember if the bogie's on PC-2 or TC-2, anyway take it off whichever one and install it on the one that's being a bit awkward first that sometimes helps, does get easier over time.

I used to store PC-3 & 4 like that in the vision case, (picture on here somewhere) in the travel tube now so longer on display.

Edited by UP 4000

• RMweb Premium

I am now looking forward to finally receiving my APT-E for my birthday (though I'll actually get it next week as there aren't postal deliveries on Sundays) :locomotive:

Now I'm just worried whether it will be OK, as I have no facilities for testing of any kind at the moment... :fie:

Edited by Ian J.

I got sound.

Has your chip blown?

Regards

Ian

I'd say nothing wrong with that decoder, either the non sound version or just running with the sound off, Both of mine are sound fitted and most of the time run with the sound off, Good to hear what there up to never mind seeing,,,

Believe me, If it was a blown decoder would be hammer and chisel job to remove her off the track, well err the track would come too!!!!, I use a Loksound with a blown amp for testing motor and lighting functions, after 10-15 minutes you can't touch it(never run it that long now anyway), so would never let a loco run that long if it had issues.

Yes, the sound of the umpteen Trailer Cars clickity clacking past sounded very good indeed.  :D

How about trying to connect just PC1 and PC2 and seeing if PC2 runs? If it still doesn't run it sounds like time to send it to Charlie.

That's an authentic consist too as we did it for real when shunting E-Train across from the NRM to the Thrall Works when we moved it to Shildon. You'll have to leave the Joint Module off though.......  :D

LpZIzU.jpg

Thanks Kit, Appreciate it, Sound wise they are great, but running without, they are more than capable of creating there own, Joy to the ears!!!

The short video of APT-E setting up its speed and endurance record on Trevor Jones's garden railway can now be seen

Sadly, there is no sound.

The train looks fabulous there, but the layout itself is AMAZING!  :O

I'd say nothing wrong with that decoder, either the non sound version or just running with the sound off, Both of mine are sound fitted and most of the time run with the sound off, Good to hear what there up to never mind seeing,,,

Believe me, If it was a blown decoder would be hammer and chisel job to remove her off the track, well err the track would come too!!!!, I use a Loksound with a blown amp for testing motor and lighting functions, after 10-15 minutes you can't touch it(never run it that long now anyway), so would never let a loco run that long if it had issues.

As I said earlier, there IS no sound and no decoder in that particular model. It's straight DC (or DCC ready, if you prefer)

Riddles

• RMweb Premium

post-6714-0-01456700-1471268275.gif

DCC Ready APT-E no 1563 received, all cars present. Correct will have to wait for a future day when I can do a test run, I'm not going to attempt an assembly until then.

• RMweb Premium

Good to see yours running Rob, very nice video too, especially the night time shots.

By coincidence, mine had its first lengthy run on a friends garden railway on Thursday. I took some video too, but I really struggled to keep the camcorder in focus as it sped round the line.

Definitely a fantastic model, take every opportunity possible to run her, regardless, I try too, Would love a garden railway!!!

Coach lighting, I know it can't be helped, way to bright for me, But great to see her outdoors and at night, must have been a late one, hope the neighbours didn't complain, if so, crank up the volume,!!!!!

Good to see yours running Rob, very nice video too, especially the night time shots.

By coincidence, mine had its first lengthy run on a friends garden railway on Thursday. I took some video too, but I really struggled to keep the camcorder in focus as it sped round the line.

i took mine this on my old iphone 4s :) turned out ok apart from couldn't quire focus on the inside as i was trying to show the lights flashing in there

Definitely a fantastic model, take every opportunity possible to run her, regardless, I try too, Would love a garden railway!!!

Coach lighting, I know it can't be helped, way to bright for me, But great to see her outdoors and at night, must have been a late one, hope the neighbours didn't complain, if so, crank up the volume,!!!!!

they didn't mind, they've all been intrigued to see me building the layout :) 

• RMweb Premium

By coincidence, I had the opportunity to give my APT-E its first proper run on a friends garden railway last week - thanks Mark.  I also gave my second hand Blue Pullman its first run too. Two super models.

post-19248-0-94467600-1471937174.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Finally managed to power up the full set on my new layout.

Seen here passing it's birthplace, although slightly out of period......

post-408-0-17086900-1472601607_thumb.jpg

I was at a loss for a suitable DCC address that fitted in with my other stuff until I realised that there was number available as a tribute to it's past life - 152.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 5