Fancy a Budd, Jason?

dibber25

Anybody had any issues with their sound fitted RDC being a little bit eager/quick off the mark? Would have thought CVs would be set up perfectly, but no?! Any tips as to how I might slow the thing down a little? Looks like CVs have been set up as per a conventional big motor and large flywheels not this neat little set up in the Budd......?

Strange. Both of mine were the opposite. All I've done is change the number and increase the acceleration and deceleration slightly.

If yours is more jackrabbit the simplest solution is to throw it on to a programming track with Decoder Pro and set a nice speed curve to suit your needs.

Great video, Srihaggis. Thanks for that, really enjoyed watching it. Nanaimo station looked forlorn, but glad it's been restored as CJL said.

If I remember correctly, the horn was operated by the engineer pulling a wooden handle on the end of a chain, rather like an old fashioned toilet.... 

When I rode this line all those years ago in 1977, Parksville was as far as the train went, due to a problem with the line further north. This must have been later rectified and the service restored.

Take the last train to Parksville and I'll meet you at the station.....   :-)

Here's engineer Gary blowing the horn for deer on the line as we climbed the Malahat. I was in the cab from Victoria to Shawnigan Lake. I still have the ticket - the date was 13 August 1990. The RDC is 6133 - the car which Jason has preserved. (CJL)

post-1062-0-81904300-1490943628_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Got my RDC at last - what can I say, smashing piece. Motors are ubber quiet and smooth once ran in.

My sister is quite a critic when it comes to 'detail' following the discovery of APT-E's 'Cheese Sandwich' -  she her first comment was "why is there a phillips screw head in the floor". I had no words haha :no:

Think i'll be ordering another one at a later date. Thanks for producing this superb model.

Edited by srihaggis
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...