Dapol "O" gauge Terrier.

Multiple identity account

• RMweb Premium

Seeing is believing (not that I'll be there to do either, sadly).

Ixion also announce their new loco at Kettering, for which no doubt you may place an order with confidence!

Dava

The Dapol saga rolls on and on....Yawn

I was pointed in the direction on Roxey/Omega models whitemetal kits.

Their Terrier and P class look nice, I might just give one a go.

Seeing is believing (not that I'll be there to do either, sadly).

Ixion also announce their new loco at Kettering, for which no doubt you may place an order with confidence!

Dava

Oh, I'd forgotten Ixion were making their announcement. Should be interesting!

Mr Webster dropped in to our club meeting last Friday with the samples that are on display at Kettering today. There's a few photos on the blog here. As I've said before in this thread, I'm no expert on Terriers at all and cannot comment on the various detail aspects- personally I have no interest in sitting with a reference book and nit picking- but aesthetically they are lovely and certainly capture "the look" for me.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I can be a bit nit-picky when it comes to one fo my favourite classes of locomotive, but even I'd be happy to own one of these (in A1X, Marsh Umber or BR Lined Black).

• RMweb Gold

Richard Webster of Lionheart has also been working for Dapol on their latest developments for a while now. It is the Dapol Terrier that he has been showing on his stand.

Edited by Graham_Muz

I had a good look at the Terriers at Kettering yesterday and my only comment to Richard Webster was that on 2644, the 'condensing pipe' from the smokebox to the tank (as fitted on the other version) was missing, otherwise, a very good model. I hope that the pipe can be incorporated in the production model.

The pipe on 2644 and the tank top vents were removed by the time on Nationalisation, I think that there are pictures of 32644 in plain black livery with British Railways in Sunshine lettering

cheers

Mike

edited to include references to 2644

Edited by Ressaldar

• RMweb Premium

I believe condensing pipes were removed from the Terriers mainly in LB&SCR ownership. I don't think any reached grouping with them.

Ignore this, I was in error due to my failing memory :senile:

Edited by Ian J.

• RMweb Premium

Some Terriers did retain condenser pipes in SR days, even after rebuild with A1x boiler, whilst others lost them as A1s. The only authentic answer is to model a specific loco at that time. Dapol seem pretty close with their variants. Handal Kardas' book is worth having as a guide.

Dava

Edited by Dava

Hi Alan,

many thanks for posting that information, I had seen the book but could not remember the title. I have been informed by Richard Webster that it is too late to incorporate the pipe onto 2644, my feeling is that there might now be a change of number to suit the configuration.

I shall be buying 2644, remove the vent pipes and repaint it in plain black with sunshine lettering as I think it is portrayed in Tom Middlemass's book, as I have already done on a San Cheng model, using 4mm scale Fox Transfers.

cheers

Mike

post-6951-0-59414100-1425899301.jpg

• Like 5

It doesn't fit my modelling needs in the slightest - wrong part of the country, wrong time period.

But it's going to be very difficult to resist.

Can anyone come up with a picture of a Terrier at South Nutfield in the early part of the 20th century?

Edited by cromptonnut