Trains on locations videos,,,,

mp55aec

Hi

When I first got interested in American trains about 15-16 years ago, trains magazine did some pretty good vhs videos from various "hot spot" locations around the USA, I had about five of the series, BNs Chicago Racetrack and SP in the Cascades also come to mind, these were well produced with excellent footage and naration from Trains magazines Kevin Keefe, I cant find them now as if I could I would transfer them onto DVD, anyone else own these films?

I have even sent Kalmbach a mail to see if they can help,,,,no reply :(

....and I can vouch that CVision is an excellent international supplier of US DVDs. Being a BN and BNSF fan I have collected a number of their films which focus on Minnesota, Chicago and Wisconsin. All have been very good. I think my favourite fils of theirs are actually on the C&NW Cowboy Lines, brilliant historical footage of the C&NW's lines around Rapid City, marvellous if you like Granger a Railroading. I would also recommend 7idea productions, stunning program's, mainly UP and BNSF in the western US but they also do an excellent series of two films on the MRL. If you have a Blue Ray player buy the films in that format - the quality is mind blowing :-).

Cheers

Chris

Also if you want to look at the DVDs in the Pentrex Collection, a very good range covering just about all the major railroads and regions of the US. If you like Tehachapi, Cajon and Beumont Hill then they do a series called the Ultimate Collection each of which gives hours of coverage of these locations. I think they have just released another film called Ultimate Chicago - looks v good. Most of the Pentrex Catalogue are stocked by Videoscene, an online supplier based in the UK.

Cheers

Chris

Archived