NMJ Topline Models?

dgilbert2

I've only seen them on a coin operated layout at Trondheim station, but they seemed very nice. I don't think you would be disappointed. Whether they are worth the high price is another matter, I think it's partly an effect of the limited market and partly be cause everything is bloody expensive in Norway!

Many thanks for this feedback. I hadn't considered the "Norway" factor, but yes on reflection when we visited, everything did seem expensive! :scared:

The only other thing that might seem odd is the slightly smaller HO scale! But then you wouldn't see one of these parked next class 47 :no:

Given that the NSB BM73 sets are refurbished in Holland, one could attach some credibility to a similar scheme for the El17 getting similar treatment in Crewe (or elsewhere).

What an excellent idea, thank you :yes:

It does sound then that NMJ do have some credibility in the market pace, thank you for the info.

• 10 months later...

Flåms banen coaches wil come in 2016 by NMJ. 58€ will they cost.

The Lima coaches are extremly rare. Sometimes you can find them on

Tradera. It's the Swedish Ebay, most people send all over the world.

Mvh Steef

• 1 month later...

Hi, just seen this thread. I have a large collection of NSB equipment almost all from NMJ. I had great service from them when I lived in the UK, I just ordered online. However, when you order from EU your order comes from Germany I think and not Norway to avoid import issues. The prices are not cheap but then its a very niche market. Models are good compared to UK and similar to German products.

I had good service via email and received replacement parts quickly.

Can I also recommend the Scandinavian Railways Society.... based in the UK they are a good source of information.

Archived