Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

19 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

OK all you sandwich experts what is a egg banjo?

The egg banjo is runny fried egg in a bap or sandwich. It is referred to as an egg banjo because when the the consumer bites into it and egg yoke drops down their shirt, they end up holding said egg banjo away from themselves with 1 hand and trying to rub off the spilled mess with the other. Creating the appearance that they are playing an imaginary air banjo...

Hope that helps!

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

The egg banjo is runny fried egg in a bap or sandwich. It is referred to as an egg banjo because when the the consumer bites into it and egg yoke drops down their shirt, they end up holding said egg banjo away from themselves with 1 hand and trying to rub off the spilled mess with the other. Creating the appearance that they are playing an imaginary air banjo...

Hope that helps!

Hi Map

Now that is cheating you are a serving member of HM forces and we all know a banjo is something all 3 services have in common.

They are absolutely wonderful when coming off guard at 2 am in the morning in January. 

The big question is with red or brown sauce?

Or both?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Map

Now that is cheating you are a serving member of HM forces and we all know a banjo is something all 3 services have in common.

They are absolutely wonderful when coming off guard at 2 am in the morning in January. 

The big question is with red or brown sauce?

Or both?

Always red for me :) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

OK all you sandwich experts what is a egg banjo?

Runny fried egg between 2 slices of buttered bread, preferably with a liberal application of brown sauce. 

My old scoutmaster was a former rock ape, so we were quite used to service slang in our troop. :D

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

Always red for me :)

19 minutes ago, CloggyDog said:

Runny fried egg between 2 slices of buttered bread, preferably with a liberal application of brown sauce. 

My old scoutmaster was a former rock ape, so we were quite used to service slang in our troop. :D

Both but Mrs M gets cross with me if she catches me.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, richard i said:

Had to be eaten after 9pm, before then it is a butty. Not sure why, maybe to do with eating on duty at night. 

Bacon/sausage and egg banjos were a breakfast only delicacy in my day, after 9pm the only food was a pint of Wards!

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Bishop of Welchester said:

Why can you never starve in the desert?

Because of all the sand which is there.

Fell out of my high chair laughing at that one.

Thanks for the reminder.

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

A bacon, egg, and sausage barm Joe (barm cake) is know in Wigan as a "Full Monty". Lots of little shops still sell them. The Barm Joe is 6" + in diameter.

image.png.8ba4e047ef1bf734a913776077f1acb2.png

Brit15

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, APOLLO said:

A bacon, egg, and sausage barm Joe (barm cake) is know in Wigan as a "Full Monty". Lots of little shops still sell them. The Barm Joe is 6" + in diameter.

Brit15

No that is a roll, a soft roll not a crusty one.

And what is that thing sticking out the top? Looks a bit (every word I can think of might upset someone, so make you own up).

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Thinking back to my drinking days while I was in the army. My mate Chas and I had a burger named after us. On the walk back to Southampton bus station there was a burger van and we use to ask for a double cheese egg mushroom and pineapple burger with onion. After a couple of months of us asking for them the chap running the van use to have on his board a "Squaddie Burger ". :rtfm:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
bad spelling and beinge censored cos of it.
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

A friend went to a music festival where the burger van sold plain burgers, cheese burgers and "disco burgers" for about £1, £1.30, £1.50 or something.

He asked for a disco burger and got handed something that looked very like a cheese burger.  He asked, "where's the disco?" and the bloke in the van took out a torch from under the counter and started flashing it at him.

• Funny 8

2 hours ago, APOLLO said:

Brit15

Hi Brit 15,

What about a good old baby's 'ead ?

Gibbo.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Nothing happened on the layout or modelling bench last night. Partly because I was knackered from doing work in the paddock and partly because I was angry that yet again a thread with loads of good modelling has be hijacked by the league of I speak posher English than you.

Wot the 'ell has any of that tosh to do with toy trains.

There is some good news, Kelli and Peyton have written some new songs.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Friendly/supportive 4

12 hours ago, APOLLO said:

Brit15

Where's the pudding? ............................. black pudding

.. and there is no sign of any tomato, if there was it would be a BEST;-)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Brit 15,

What about a good old baby's 'ead ?

Gibbo.

Baby's Yed actually (Steak and kidney pudding) best served "bawt crash helmet" (without tinfoil tray) and covered with gravy.

The Raven Menu (Town centre pub just up from the stations - good beer too)

image.png.4ac5ae5e0c9996f733a22d125288b5de.png

image.png.6e2b8e4175544773efa63f6cb7562fe2.png

Anyway, for Clive, here is a 100 / 105 Hybrid at Kirkby on a service to Wigan Wallgate.

image.png.026555d0bcdf624cdd18dc299a48faa9.png

And a  Class 105 & Park Royal 103 Sandite DMU Cars - Wigan Springs Branch.

image.png.222e0639368eda5a2d2496369f67a687.png

We like to mix things up here in Wigan !!

Brit15

• Like 9

8 hours ago, APOLLO said:

Baby's Yed actually (Steak and kidney pudding) best served "bawt crash helmet" (without tinfoil tray) and covered with gravy.

The Raven Menu (Town centre pub just up from the stations - good beer too)

image.png.4ac5ae5e0c9996f733a22d125288b5de.png

image.png.6e2b8e4175544773efa63f6cb7562fe2.png

Anyway, for Clive, here is a 100 / 105 Hybrid at Kirkby on a service to Wigan Wallgate.

image.png.026555d0bcdf624cdd18dc299a48faa9.png

And a  Class 105 & Park Royal 103 Sandite DMU Cars - Wigan Springs Branch.

image.png.222e0639368eda5a2d2496369f67a687.png

We like to mix things up here in Wigan !!

Brit15

Hi Brit 15,

Tha's frum jus' darn frum't cut ut Nuo Lawrne, 'tuther sarde o' Boscurgh frum't Wigin. 

The above vernacular explains why my Wiganese is not quite to the standard of ones own.

I did however used to occasionally get to ride the 103 / 105 Hybrid back form Preston on the top line when attending college there in the late 1980's.

Gibbo.

• Like 1