Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I still miss Tuesday nights in Brighton and Wednesday nights in Leeds...

When you have been a member of a good club, full of good modellers and most of all good mates since 1980 to be playing trains by yourself on a Monday night is quite lonely.  I could have told the boss that were not to move but I am not that brave. Got to look on the positives, I look back at all those good years of being a Witham club member with fondness and today I have a layout that no way would I have had if we carried on living in Essex.  Nothing to stop them descending on the Ranch, to operate Sheffield Exchange and help muck out the 'orses.  

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Since leaving my Club I miss the Back biting, bitching, moaning and lack of real modellers, (one guy was laying some NEW Peco track and putting 3/4 inch Nails through the middle of the sleepers, not even pre drilling,  until they depressed the centre and lifted the outer portion).

I also get more real modelling done at home now.

Clive YOUR Train Set has to be the ultimate in boys toys and fun to play with WHOOPS operate.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Since leaving my Club I miss the Back biting, bitching, moaning and lack of real modellers, (one guy was laying some NEW Peco track and putting 3/4 inch Nails through the middle of the sleepers, not even pre drilling,  until they depressed the centre and lifted the outer portion).

I also get more real modelling done at home now.

Clive YOUR Train Set has to be the ultimate in boys toys and fun to play with WHOOPS operate.:good:

So when are you, Binny, and big John going to visit? I have a controller each for Binny and John  and a pitch fork for you. :yes:

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

So when are you, Binny, and big John going to visit? I have a controller each for Binny and John  and a pitch fork for you. :yes:

I'll have a word Clive, thanks for the ROYAL invite mate:good:.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

When you have been a member of a good club, full of good modellers and most of all good mates since 1980 to be playing trains by yourself on a Monday night is quite lonely.  I could have told the boss that were not to move but I am not that brave. Got to look on the positives, I look back at all those good years of being a Witham club member with fondness and today I have a layout that no way would I have had if we carried on living in Essex.  Nothing to stop them descending on the Ranch, to operate Sheffield Exchange and help muck out the 'orses.  

Fair comment Clive. Like you, I could never have done what I'm doing now if I'd stayed where I was and life here is good in every way. I do, however, wish I could find a Star Trek transporter to take me instantaneously to other places from time to time - or perhaps I'm just being greedy.

• Like 5

On 18/05/2019 at 13:43, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi All

In view what has happened today at the Stamford Exhibition, I will not be larking about on here. I feel for those who today should be happily displaying their hobby to the public not counting the loss because of a mindless act.

Truly dreadful act of vandalism!

I've posted a link to a Rod Stewart video having just heard on the radio that he has donated £10K to those effected by the vandalism, Rod has a love of model railways, a nice gesture!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Ian_H said:

Truly dreadful act of vandalism!

I've posted a link to a Rod Stewart video having just heard on the radio that he has donated £10K to those effected by the vandalism, Rod has a love of model railways, a nice gesture!

Quite. I am also a member of a motorcycling forum and somebody with no connection to model railways mentioned it on there saying the culprits should be castrated with a broken bottle.

I won’t comment on the violent suggestion but it does restore ones faith in human nature a little when this sort of support comes from outside the hobby and from people like Rod.  , 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Counting to 8 using DMUs.

Count to 43 using Patriots......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R311-LMS-PATRIOT-MASSIVE-JOB-LOT-ALL-NEW-ALL-RENAMED-SOME-BOXED-OO974/113758860403?hash=item1a7c8e7473:g:h~8AAOSwEjJc5nm5

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1