Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Why is it when Mr Wright has a rant about models being glued together I get the urge to play this song.

Classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGroapmulHk

You will have to click on the link cos "The link could not be embedded because www.youtube.com does not allow embedding of that video."

Don't know why you bother Clive, there's only one way to build models and that's not the "wrong" way.

Carry on being Clive, much better IMHO.

Mike.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

On 13/08/2019 at 21:03, Clive Mortimore said:

Why is it when Mr Wright has a rant about models being glued together I get the urge to play this song.

Classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGroapmulHk

You will have to click on the link cos "The link could not be embedded because www.youtube.com does not allow embedding of that video."

Ah the good old days when all you had to worry about with substance abuse by teens was keeping your evostik out of reach.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

A little while ago Upside Down John (St Enodoc) sent me a box full of Tri-ang coach bits. Planned conversions include a BSO, a BFK, a FO (dia71 with the central door in the middle seating bay), a TSO (dia 91 without a central door), a standard TSO. That still leaves me loads of bits to think about. One idea is a dia 722 post office stowage van from a full brake, could I find a picture of the non net side? The best I have come up with is an old article in MRC which Chris Leigh has a drawing and a photo of his model, so things are looking positive. Thanks dibber 25.

I also took delivery of some more coaches from that nice Mr Hatton, a collection of Airfix LMS corridor coaches. The aim is to make a FK, a BSO, a SO, a period 2 SO, a Buffet and a articulated BSO+SO.  A Mainline LMS period 1coach to convert into full brake, a real conversion by the LMS of coaches that had already been converted to ambulance coaches during the war.  A Bulleid SO, some were transferred to the ER and painted maroon. Plus a few more BR Mk1s, including a Mainline Restaurant Buffet.

When (if) I complete all my conversions of hauled stock that will enable me to have a session without DMUs. I have more than enough DMUs to do the opposite. 

I am finding listening to Françoise Hardy very relaxing.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

I say Doctor, that a Gerbil Fritter ?

Gibbo.

Local delicacy in Peru.

Not quite a gerbil - but a close relation.

1959005836_guineapig.JPG.00ed508c64f575c8e6033b5147a47357.JPG

And yes, the skewer does go where you think.....................

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Local delicacy in Peru.

Not quite a gerbil - but a close relation.

1959005836_guineapig.JPG.00ed508c64f575c8e6033b5147a47357.JPG

And yes, the skewer does go where you think.....................

Hi There,

Not sure what there is to say about that !!!

Gibbo.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

And most people who have little taste turn their noses up at the liquor on pie and mash.

image.jpg.f4231f79fb90ed35a95a53e94524b62c.jpg

Why did we move so far away from a eel and pie shop. :cry:

And fish and chip shops that look at you if you head is on upside down when you ask for a Wally.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Having listen to the new Sleater-Kinney album released today, I am very disappointed with the direction the band has taken. I am not the only one Janet the drummer left soon after the album was recorded. Thankfully their older material is still brilliant, so here is an older song not one from the new album.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

And most people who have little taste turn their noses up at the liquor on pie and mash.

image.jpg.f4231f79fb90ed35a95a53e94524b62c.jpg

Why did we move so far away from a eel and pie shop. :cry:

And fish and chip shops that look at you if you head is on upside down when you ask for a Wally.

Hi Clive,

If you let your beard grow a little more than usual that should cause the folks at the chip shop a little extra confusion when attempting to work out if your head is upside down or not !

Black pudding, beetroot and mash at my house last evening.

Gibbo.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

17 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Black pudding, living with a veggie black pudding is never something that crosses the threshold. :fie::nono:

Hi Clive,

I lived with a Guardianista-food fascist once, she complained bitterly that I was an omnivore despite eating fish herself. Go figure.

Which reminds me of the joke:

What do you call a vegetarian that eats fish ?

A pescatarian.

No, a hypocrite !

Here is some veggie food:

P1180089.JPG.65754d1d68772f069a05c97341ff1fc5.JPG

And here is a proper breakfast:

P5290046.JPG.1830d3fcb1615b5367a2d9a13840a109.JPG

That said it was porridge with raisins this morning.

Gibbo.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Why do HK buses generally have 3 axles? 

Other than that, they look very British.

I think it's just because of the extra length, there are a lot of seats in a HK bus.  You'll have seen the very British-style trams on the island too.  Very cheap entertainment!

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Cook those sausages! Poor things look sad, evry fule kno that sossidges should be smeechy!

Hi Dr GF,

Posting photographs of my food must be what its like to be on Face-Book, just guessing though. Unlike RMWeb I would think that Face-Book is a total waste of time.

The sausages were fine, quite charred on the other side, they were placed upon the plate using a trick I learned from my mother's ability to blacken just one side of fish fingers.

I attempted to take a photograph of my vanilla slice but it would seem that the shutter speed of my camera was insufficient !!!!

1326691716_DSCF07901.JPG.2eef06f81aa73505f80f67c32f2402c6.JPG

Gibbo.

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1