Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Would you Adam and Eve it the 41st most wanted item with 213 votes is a LNER Hertford Quad Art diagram 102/3/4&5. I never knew these were so popular, so why am I building one?

007a.jpg.bd1318f18b522f67d62b8c10ec2b1c89.jpg

I am sure most who voted for them think they are the cramped sit up and beg suburban Quads that operated out of Kings Cross, because GER modellers would know that Liverpool Street (the second most important London station) was served by larger number of Quint Arts for its intense suburban services  and the Hertford Quads were used on the more leisurely trains to Hertford and Bishops Stortford. As for their replacements the class AM5/2 they are way down the list. 

Coupled with that surprise I still think someone at You Tube hates me because another YES song was suggested today and worst than that a (my figures are reluctant to type the next group) Queen song, thankfully not that song. 

What a day, the dyke at the bottom of our land has burst its banks like it did in June, and the ditch between ours and our neighbours is right to the top. Third time this year we have had more rain in a day than we would normally get for that given month, we are a darn sight luckier than many in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Mrs M has had me weatherboarding the side of the car port/ hay store, up a ladder in the wind and rain.

Going to cheer myself up, a Canadian group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSnL8h3ypto

You will have to click on the link to see Chantal Caron's wonderful performance.

Arc from Plasticard Clive? Remember you are below sea level at you place IIRC. Few more Glaciers melted and you will be furnished with yer own swimming pool. Duck Towers was almost inundated, but I went down to the Idle and commanded the waters to recede and lo, they didst.

C. A. Newt

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Hope you manage to stay dry Clive - looks a bit damp in your neck of the woods!

Hi Phil

We are fine at the moment, the paddocks have huge puddles in them, thankfully the rain has stopped. When it is low tide they can open the sluice gates and let some of the water out. It is great being 2.5m above sea level.

• Like 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Arc from Plasticard Clive? Remember you are below sea level at you place IIRC. Few more Glaciers melted and you will be furnished with yer own swimming pool. Duck Towers was almost inundated, but I went down to the Idle and commanded the waters to recede and lo, they didst.

C. A. Newt

Dear Mr Newt

We are fully prepared for a flood , we have our house insurance policy sealed in a  water and airtight plastic envelope.

You is a wee bit close to your river ain't you?  

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I'm glad someone else hates Queen.  They are on my list of 'everytime i turn on radio2 theyre playing abbaqueenthebeatleseltonjohn' sh1t list.

Did you not go to Live Aid old bean? If you had you might have had a different opinion. 

F. M.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Would you Adam and Eve it the 41st most wanted item with 213 votes is a LNER Hertford Quad Art diagram 102/3/4&5. I never knew these were so popular, so why am I building one?

007a.jpg.bd1318f18b522f67d62b8c10ec2b1c89.jpg

I am sure most who voted for them think they are the cramped sit up and beg suburban Quads that operated out of Kings Cross, because GER modellers would know that Liverpool Street (the second most important London station) was served by larger number of Quint Arts for its intense suburban services  and the Hertford Quads were used on the more leisurely trains to Hertford and Bishops Stortford. As for their replacements the class AM5/2 they are way down the list. 

Those Quads really look the business to my eye . All Gresleys  coaches look stylish to me .Look forward to seeing them finished. Where did the sides come from (and the chassis for that matter.) ? 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jazzer said:

Those Quads really look the business to my eye . All Gresleys  coaches look stylish to me .Look forward to seeing them finished. Where did the sides come from (and the chassis for that matter.) ? 

Hi jazzer

The story starts back in September. They are modified Kirk sides, the end second is a Kirk kit. The three other coaches are on plastic card chassis. Bogies are BSL for the inner coaches and ABS for the outer, cos that is wot I 'ad in me spares box.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi jazzer

The story starts back in September. They are modified Kirk sides, the end second is a Kirk kit. The three other coaches are on plastic card chassis. Bogies are BSL for the inner coaches and ABS for the outer, cos that is wot I 'ad in me spares box.

Thanks. I must have missed the September post . I would have remembered the reference to Dan MCafferty , not that I was a fan of Nazareth but I bought his single (remember what they were?) of Out of Time which I thought was  great and must have played it about a million times before I forgot about for the last 20 years or so till reading this jogged but memory. 

The things that jog your memory on RM web ,,,,:)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Martin

Plastic card bits and bobs.

Wnat to try any resin

Large battery boxes

Fridge boxes

Gas cabinets with or without underneath angle iron

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 10/11/2019 at 03:12, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I'm glad someone else hates Queen.  They are on my list of 'everytime i turn on radio2 theyre playing abbaqueenthebeatleseltonjohn' sh1t list.

IMHO they reached their peak with A Night at the Opera. It was all downhill after that.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

IMHO they reached their peak with A Night at the Opera. It was all downhill after that.

That is the LP with "THAT SONG" on..................

26 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

, and they stole that from The Marx Brothers.

Mike.

Sadly no where near as funny.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Last night I started to cut up some Mainline Mk1 coaches to make the first coach for a Swindon Cross Country unit. The Mainline coaches were chosen because the windows are not as deep as other manufacturers Mk1s, they are still a tad deeper than the drawings show. I will carry on with this coach and see how much it notices when assembled.. I plan to try and get the profile closer than that of a Mk1.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Clive,

Now you are talking!

But you know that you will get the Swindon set 75% complete and then some clown of a manufacturer will steal your thunder?

Seriously, keep us informed with lots of pics and posts please so that some of us mere mortal modelers can try to copy!!

Cheers

Paul

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1