Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

What's that?:D

Gardening :scratchhead:Well it is being outside in the cold and rain getting covered in mud so Mrs M has some pretty flowers in the spring :rtfm:

Decorating :scratchhead:Well that is being inside getting splattered with paint, so that when Child B comes 'ome at Xmas he is not sleeping in a room with no wallpaper :rtfm:

:music: or :read: or :bad: or :music: didn't work this time.

Tonight I have been on a Bluegrass trip

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

You could just leave the decorating. If you did I bet child b would not notice. If something was said about it being so important then child b could decorate own room. When I offer that alternative to mine it is amazing how quickly they change their mind about its importance. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, richard i said:

You could just leave the decorating. If you did I bet child b would not notice. If something was said about it being so important then child b could decorate own room. When I offer that alternative to mine it is amazing how quickly they change their mind about its importance. 

Hi Richard

I did suggest that an offer of doing his own room on return could be made. I even suggested that his elder sibling could do it. Sadly my suggestions were met with that stare, you know the one only wives, mothers and teachers can give, so you just shut up and get on with it.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Everyone,

A serious thought today, as we fast approach the end of year festivities please remember a train set is for life not just the winter solstice. 

Can the same be said of a good woman?:o

If so, why do we need to number them?:nono:

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Can the same be said of a good woman?:o

If so, why do we need to number them?:nono:

Andrew my mate, a good woman is a life sentence not something to play with for ever and ever.

Numbering wives? how many have you got?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Andrew my mate, a good woman is a life sentence not something to play with for ever and ever.

Only No 2 so far, but watch this space, haha:nono:

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

So, if you want to keep playing with a good woman then you need to get a new one from time to time? Noted, will let the missus know.

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Everyone,

A serious thought today, as we fast approach the end of year festivities please remember a train set is for life not just the winter solstice. 

Ironically my train set has to hibernate over the festive period, as Mrs. Sig moans about it taking up the kitchen and getting in the way of the table extension to seat family around. Completely unreasonable if you ask me. :mocking_mini:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

14 minutes ago, Signaller69 said:

Ironically my train set has to hibernate over the festive period, as Mrs. Sig moans about it taking up the kitchen and getting in the way of the table extension to seat family around. Completely unreasonable if you ask me. :mocking_mini:

Build it into the table, clear protective top, and leave it permanently extended ;)

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

Clive,

This popped up on a FB thread I follow:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206365226527461&id=1771524514&set=gm.1604755869667485&source=48

Not sure if you know about it already?

Hi Andy

Thanks for that. Good thing I never called my layout  Sheffield Central.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Only No 2 so far, but watch this space, haha:nono:

3 hours ago, jazzer said:

Que the old joke : “  I’ve been happily married for two years, and 25 years altogether, ! “

Hi Chaps,

Bigamy is having one wife too many.............. as is monogamy.

Gibbo.

• Like 5
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Bigamy is having one wife too many.............. as is monogamy.

If a man with two wives is a bigamist, what do you call a man with three wives? 

A Bigger Mystery.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Only one at a time.

Hint, if you are thinking about having two at the same time, it helps if they have the same first name.

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Clive,

This popped up on a FB thread I follow:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206365226527461&id=1771524514&set=gm.1604755869667485&source=48

Not sure if you know about it already?

12 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy

Thanks for that. Good thing I never called my layout  Sheffield Central.

A certain train set was in line for being re-named Sheffield Central, dunno now!

Is there a bigger, ie readable, version of that diagram anywhere?

Mike.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

A certain train set was in line for being re-named Sheffield Central, dunno now!

Is there a bigger, ie readable, version of that diagram anywhere?

Mike.

So you are going to get rid of all those nice green and off white buses? Would they be replaced by cream and blue buses or had they changed to light and dark mud colours by the time you model?

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

So you are going to get rid of all those nice green and off white buses? Would they be replaced by cream and blue buses or had they changed to light and dark mud colours by the time you model?

Hi Clive,

Would you have to change the colour of the bridges if you change the colours of the busses ?

Gibbo.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive,

Would you have to change the colour of the bridges if you change the colours of the busses ?

Gibbo.

Hi Gibbo

There could well be an impression that the bridges had changed colour because the soot etc from the pollution would have started to be washed away by the time the local buses were repainted into  South Yorkshire PTE brown livery as apposed to the lovely looking Sheffield Transport cream and blue.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

............... the local buses were repainted into  South Yorkshire PTE brown livery as apposed to the lovely looking Sheffield Transport cream and blue.

Which, in any case, wasn't anywhere near as nice as it's neighbour's Blue and Cream.....

Sept.07;4,5,8th,Local;6th,Bradford,Huddersfield;9th,Sheffield. 180

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

Which, in any case, wasn't anywhere near as nice as it's neighbour's Blue and Cream.....

Sept.07;4,5,8th,Local;6th,Bradford,Huddersfield;9th,Sheffield. 180

Very pretty.

Better not start discussing bus liveries because we all know a Bristol Lodekka in Tilling Green was the bestest ever ever looking bus.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Very pretty.

Better not start discussing bus liveries because we all know a Bristol Lodekka in Tilling Green was the bestest ever ever looking bus.

Ah, but would that be an LD, FS, FSF. LDL or FLF?

• Like 1