Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

As one who models Irish modern image, I’ve found your posts about BR modern image quite inspirational. I particularly liked your reasoning for leaving much of the station infrastructure out, namely that it gets in the way of watching the trains. The problem with social media is that people can post whatever they like without fear of upsetting people. It’s the modern form of cowardice. It’s for that reason that I leave Facebook alone. Mrs B seems to get on ok with her account. I do hope you’ll reconsider your decision to quit.

Stephen

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Don’t leave! I like reading about your DC layout (everything I read about DCC seems to say “it’s only two wires” followed by pages of complex wiring explanations) and I’ve been massively impressed by your achievements in plastic card!

Ignore the critics.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

As one who models Irish modern image, I’ve found your posts about BR modern image quite inspirational. I particularly liked your reasoning for leaving much of the station infrastructure out, namely that it gets in the way of watching the trains. The problem with social media is that people can post whatever they like without fear of upsetting people. It’s the modern form of cowardice. It’s for that reason that I leave Facebook alone. Mrs B seems to get on ok with her account. I do hope you’ll reconsider your decision to quit.

Stephen

• Like 2

Hi Folks,

Here is a music video for we have not had one for a whole page of general commentary.

They were still running DMU's when this was in the charts !

Gibbo.

Edited by Gibbo675
Spelling
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I only found about this from Clive personally at the DEFine day yesterday.

Sad, but, hey ho, that's life.

If he thinks RMWeb is bad wait until he's been on Farce buck a while, people have been known to kill themselves over the treatment they receive on there!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

57 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I only found about this from Clive personally at the DEFine day yesterday.

Sad, but, hey ho, that's life.

If he thinks RMWeb is bad wait until he's been on Farce buck a while, people have been known to kill themselves over the treatment they receive on there!

Mike.

Hi Mike,

The only thing I would find amusing about Face Book is to subject it to Spoonerism.

Gibbo.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hi Clive,

I only found out about this today as I was out all day yesterday at an exhibition.

I have a Facebook account, but I only use it to keep in touch with a group of people I used to work with.

It is , IMHO, not the place for  something like this thread!

Please do not tar all DCC enthusiasts with the same brush as the twit who upset you. I am a recent convert to DCC, for reasons that suit me, but many probably won't agree with.

However, my reaction is the same as all the other writers to this thread, what ever their modelling gauge or style, this idiot does not represent 99.9% of the hobby!

So please continue to educate and entertain us with your own special mix of modelling , music and friendly comment.

Best regards

Paul

• Like 7
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

!

Don't let them win Clive, you're input is valued and this will be a worse place without it.

(Lol, wait til they find out I'm reversing a DCC layout to DC!)

And my latest creation, Privett Green has gone back to DC, :good: Perfect Rodney, you plonker,:sungum: haha, Guess who's book I have lined up as my next read from the Christmas presents, haha:slow:

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Strangely enough having even written a book about DCC I am intending to go DC for a planned layout.

Come to that, my current train set is 16V AC stud contact - now there's a dead technology for you!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, ian said:

Strangely enough having even written a book about DCC I am intending to go DC for a planned layout.

Come to that, my current train set is 16V AC stud contact - now there's a dead technology for you!

If it's dead, how do the trains go at all?

I'll let myself out, don't worry.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5

I am one of the silent majority because, although I never contributed to your pages, I have often dipped into them to be both inspired by your scratchbuilding, cutting and shutting of models, and entertained by your wit and wisdom, not to mention the delightfully obscure music videos you post. I am currently "OO-ising" a Trix Transpennine DMU by cutting and shutting old Mainline coaches.

You will always get negative people who like to spout off on forums and I am afraid Facebook is the worst, please dont let those negative comments get to you, remember all the pleasure you are bringing to many more people. 

Have a little break by all means but please come back soon.

Geoff

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Folks,

I found this link to a photograph of the crowds for Sheffield United alighting at Sheffield Exchange.

https://www.tokyoweekender.com/events/wheres-wally-30th-anniversary-exhibition/

I looked and looked and looked and looked and looked and looked, but I couldn't find Wally and I couldn't spot Clive either !!!!

Gibbo.

• Like 3
  • Funny 8

8 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Folks,

I found this link to a photograph of the crowds for Sheffield United alighting at Sheffield Exchange.

https://www.tokyoweekender.com/events/wheres-wally-30th-anniversary-exhibition/

I looked and looked and looked and looked and looked and looked, but I couldn't find Wally and I couldn't spot Clive either !!!!

Gibbo.

Clive's the one in RED.:)

wally.jpg.42e0e27db318a30cc7fd678d55d652d0.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

I seem to be always late in getting the news.

I have to agree with everyone else - namely:

1.  Facebook is not the solution;

2.  Some people no matter how annoying just have to be ignored;

3.  You have a lot of followers/friends on here who appreciate the tips and hints and thoroughly enjoy the quirkiness of this thread;

4.  Please reconsider - after all it is about the toy trains, music and fun! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Gold

In a similar fashion to Taggart carrying on when the main character of the title was no longer present, I reckon we can keep this thread alive until Clive comes back to join us.

I mean, it's not that difficult finding weird and wonderful music on t'internet these days and I think we know enough about each other to carry on making the same comments amongst ourselves without offending anyone.

What do you say chaps?

Mike.

• Like 4
  • Agree 11

2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

In a similar fashion to Taggart carrying on when the main character of the title was no longer present, I reckon we can keep this thread alive until Clive comes back to join us.

I mean, it's not that difficult finding weird and wonderful music on t'internet these days and I think we know enough about each other to carry on making the same comments amongst ourselves without offending anyone.

What do you say chaps?

Mike.

I agree with you on keeping it going Mike, although I'm not into some of Clive's musical taste, it doesn't matter, it's still fun to see how others see and hear the World around us.

As for the Modelling side, well again, as I've said many times, I struggle to put a kit together, even WITH the instructions, so seeing what Clive and many of his dedicated band of Brothers do on here I find simply amazing.

The fun side comes with the points above, because we all have good and different senses of humour, and I know, having spent time in Clive's company that he has a silly but wicked sense of humour, so again if the thread is to continue, so does the humour.

In the meantime we need a;

Come Back Clive petition.:good:

• Like 8
  • Agree 8

3 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

I'm well overdue a trip up to see him so I'll get one organised and get some fresh pictures (as long as he's happy with that)...... and of course badger him to come back ;)

He told me last week that beard had come off again, so some new pics of the Bald Face would be fun.:music:

• Like 3