Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

Just now, Stubby47 said:

To be fair, it's free to get in.  But parking is extremely expensive and there are double yellow lines for at least a couple of miles on the approach.

And all the attractions are expensive too.  Even having your piccy taken with the signpost.

Are you sure, we were in Cornwall last year, funnily enough 2 weeks before it opened for the season but I thought it was about £15 each, but memory may serve me wrong, last time we actually went the kids were little & they are now in their 30's at that time there was hardly anything there, just a signpost.

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

To be fair, it's free to get in.  But parking is extremely expensive and there are double yellow lines for at least a couple of miles on the approach.

And all the attractions are expensive too.  Even having your piccy taken with the signpost.

Lands End: I've never been but heard it described as "Like a wart on your toe that you have to pay to look at".

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Following on from Stu's tourist guide to Cornwall I would like to put my twopenny worth in about tourism in Lincolnshire.

For all those who are considering bringing their caravans to Lincolnshire can I recommend you go to Devon, I understand it is quite nice there. If you have been before I am sure there are beauty spots like Plymouth dockyard that you haven't seen and surely you would need to tick locations like the one suggested off your bucket list.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Following on from Stu's tourist guide to Cornwall I would like to put my twopenny worth in about tourism in Lincolnshire.

For all those who are considering bringing their caravans to Lincolnshire can I recommend you go to Devon, I understand it is quite nice there. If you have been before I am sure there are beauty spots like Plymouth dockyard that you haven't seen and surely you would need to tick locations like the one suggested off your bucket list.

....so you're not enthralled by Cleethorpes and Skeggy then? Quite a few caravans at both I seem to remember.

As far as Cornwall goes, my wife is from Newlyn just west of Penzance. It might have had compensations in the days of the Hydraulics, but sadly nowadays has next to no redeeming features, and in fact is one of the most  economically deprived parts of Britain. As for the locals view of their health services, I'd better keep quiet for fear of legal action, should we say don't get sick while you're there.

John.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, John Tomlinson said:

....so you're not enthralled by Cleethorpes and Skeggy then? Quite a few caravans at both I seem to remember.

As far as Cornwall goes, my wife is from Newlyn just west of Penzance. It might have had compensations in the days of the Hydraulics, but sadly nowadays has next to no redeeming features, and in fact is one of the most  economically deprived parts of Britain. As for the locals view of their health services, I'd better keep quiet for fear of legal action, should we say don't get sick while you're there.

John.

At least we've got McDonalds.... :P  - though I'm not sure that a good thing.

And no Greggs :) - which IS a good thing

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, Stubby47 said:

Ha yes, sadly the Council here has apparently voted through Mac's planning application for Oakham, so the evil empire will soon be reaching us - shame really!

As far as your adopted county is concerned, I find its situation really sad.  Penzance could be a very attractive town with some decent planning and investment, but nothing could be more of a deterent to visitors than the bottom of the main street as you walk up from the station. It hasn't helped as well that many troubled young folk see it as a glamour destination when their families fall apart and they leave home A friend of ours worked at the Samaritans before his death and part of what they did involved helping folk from the Midlands and North who had happy memories of holidays as children and thought they could be rekindled in some way. As young, homeless and destitiute adults, it didn't work out like that.

There is (contradicting myself), one redeeming feature, and that is the quality of the light on a good day. This is quite spectacular, and as I'm sure you know responsible for the Newlyn school of painting.

John.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Oh dear.:swoon::scared:

Hi Andy,

In the spirit of, "be careful of what you wish for", you wanted him back and he brought the above mentioned music videos with him !!!

Rough with the smooth I suppose.

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

21 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Andy,

In the spirit of, "be careful of what you wish for", you wanted him back and he brought the above mentioned music videos with him !!!

Rough with the smooth I suppose.

Gibbo.

Yeah, Guess it's better to have the Old YOUNG git  back, at least he's Happy, and so are we.:good::nyam::sarcastic:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

The only Greggs in Kernow is closing apparently, a Vegan pasty was a step too far.

Rather like Morrisons not selling their Vegan 'Pork' pies in Melton Mowbray

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

Good lord, there are not many who would go all that way for w**king, do you not have a small office or something nearby with the web to do your 'research' :D

Hopefully, it is to do with that old fashioned idea called meeting your customer face to face?

Happy Days!!

Paul

• Like 1
  • Funny 1