Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

OK the update.

The Blue Pullman successfully left the station with the power car pushing five unpowered coaches, complete with Tri-ang wheels through the code 75 pointwork at Sheffield Exchange.

I have taken delivery of some more steam locos. A Black Five and a Standard Five, both earmarked for future conversions to Crapotti versions of their respective classes. I have also received (purchased) a B16/2. It is an old DJH kit. On arrival it didn't like going forwards. The gears were disengaging, the problem being the too much slop where the front of the motor clips into the chassis. The motor is a five pole version of the trusted X04. I have temporally cured the problem by wrapping a freezer bag tie around the front of the motor and the chassis. Now goes both ways but is not quite up to the performance I want, it can be and will be improved. 

Another new addition is a Rebuilt Jubilee donated to Sheffield Exchange by Philip, Duck of Retford. It needs a tender, a repaint and some smoke deflectors. I can get two of the three from Peter's Spares far cheaper than a new engine, so a BIG THANK YOU to Phil.

On Wednesday I visited Phil at his nest, we were joined by Steve (31A). We had a lovely day sitting at the table chatting and modelling. Thanks chaps.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

45 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

OK the update.

The Blue Pullman successfully left the station with the power car pushing five unpowered coaches, complete with Tri-ang wheels through the code 75 pointwork at Sheffield Exchange.

I have taken delivery of some more steam locos. A Black Five and a Standard Five, both earmarked for future conversions to Crapotti versions of their respective classes. I have also received (purchased) a B16/2. It is an old DJH kit. On arrival it didn't like going forwards. The gears were disengaging, the problem being the too much slop where the front of the motor clips into the chassis. The motor is a five pole version of the trusted X04. I have temporally cured the problem by wrapping a freezer bag tie around the front of the motor and the chassis. Now goes both ways but is not quite up to the performance I want, it can be and will be improved. 

Another new addition is a Rebuilt Jubilee donated to Sheffield Exchange by Philip, Duck of Retford. It needs a tender, a repaint and some smoke deflectors. I can get two of the three from Peter's Spares far cheaper than a new engine, so a BIG THANK YOU to Phil.

On Wednesday I visited Phil at his nest, we were joined by Steve (31A). We had a lovely day sitting at the table chatting and modelling. Thanks chaps.

Hi Clive,

Will this allow, on your post 1968 operating phase, Dai Woodham to neatly arrange all those lovely boxes atop his best scrap yard chair ?

Gibbo.

5 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

OK the update.

What kind people railway modelers are in general. 

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, ian said:

You mean you used to be Rory Gallagher?

Don't be silly, I cannot play any musical instrument.

I saw Rory Gallagher a few times and each time he seemed to genuinely enjoy what he was doing and liked his audience. Unlike some other musicians who  you could tell would rather be at home watching the telly not at work.

• Like 2

Just now, Clive Mortimore said:

Should have given me a shout I would have joined you.....as is your turn to by the tea and cakes.

Started the day with a Morrisons BIG BREAKFAST, well Jeff / Binny did, I just had Poached Eggs on Toast and two Sausages. haha,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Something for young Clive, from the Great Central Steam Gala today.

UIMG_0735.JPG.e04a47a2e17fd9f96782995b9d21f08c.JPG

For something that was supposedly designed 100% utility that is a mighty fine looking machine. Lovely picture.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, jazzer said:

For something that was supposedly designed 100% utility that is a mighty fine looking machine. Lovely picture.

Worked on it as an NYMR volunteer at Grosmont in the 70s and 80s. Cracking machine.

Edited by john new
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I had a short operating session this afternoon , nothing to report.

Here are some ladies from Toronto, 

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Listen to the original to see how cr*p that was.

Do female groups think that wearing f&ck me clothes will distract peoples attention from their lack of musical ability?

Mike.

(Grumpy old git)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Listen to the original to see how cr*p that was.

Do female groups think that wearing f&ck me clothes will distract peoples attention from their lack of musical ability?

Mike.

(Grumpy old git)

I don't know I find something which light and entertaining to cheer up the grumpy gits who moan when I find a new Icelandic band or a new Japanese one and he still moans. :banghead::banghead:

OK something different.......the singer is on RMweb. 

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I don't know I find something which light and entertaining to cheer up the grumpy gits who moan when I find a new Icelandic band or a new Japanese one and he still moans. :banghead::banghead:

I must confess that I enjoy the videos but generally watch them with the speakers muted...

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Does his name rhyme with Lard (as in the DJ/musician not the animal fat)

• Like 1