Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

17 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

No trains last night, or tonight, going to the club tonight.

Two new bands who came to my attention over the past 24 hours

That girl drummer in the first clip does a brilliant job keeping the rhythm pattern going without even touching the drums . How does she do that  ? Are they DCC drumsticks or something ? 

Quite an engaging little song a Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep sort of way though . 

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, jazzer said:

That girl drummer in the first clip does a brilliant job keeping the rhythm pattern going without even touching the drums . How does she do that  ? Are they DCC drumsticks or something ? 

Hi Clive,

it's all done by the power of her mind.  You imagine the drums playing!

Roja

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, jazzer said:

I like the bit when Charlie Watts goes crowd surfing. 

I watched a live performance, the band is a father and daughter combo, and she does play the drums. Their songs are quite witty and some at the same time have a political message. Even their band name Exbats is about freeing battery chickens.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I like the bit when Charlie Watts goes crowd surfing. 

I watched a live performance, the band is a father and daughter combo, and she does play the drums. Their songs are quite witty and some at the same time have a political message. Even their band name Exbats is about freeing battery chickens.

Here is my favourite father and daughter duo. G. G. Kettel and Soluna Samay. They have been busking all over Europe for almost 30 years , since

she was about 4 years old.

https://binged.it/37LA96z

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jazzer said:

Here is my favourite father and daughter duo. G. G. Kettel and Soluna Samay. They have been busking all over Europe for almost 30 years , since

she was about 4 years old.

https://binged.it/37LA96z

I liked the bit where the old lady in grey nearly took the kids off with her hand bag.

Hi to Clive, and the 100+ followers of this thread,

Having enjoyed reading this thread over the last year or so and thrown in the occasional thought, I decided I should let you know that I have set up a thread called "Lower Thames Yard" for my upcoming Western Region layout.

There is no layout yet, just plans, and while I can't promise Clive's level of whit or music videos I hope you will have a look and chuck in your two pennys worth telling me (politely!) what you think of my efforts. 

In the first post I have set the scene and subsequently asked help on background from the first respondents. 

Next I will be telling readers how I am dealing with semaphore and colour light signals to cope with operating in two eras 30 years apart!

Soon I hope to post pics of my efforts with DMUs although I know they are no match for the efforts of Clive, Gibbo and others.

So "Cheers" everyone, and I hope to read you in my thread at some stage!  

Best regards

Paul

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Hi to Clive, and the 100+ followers of this thread,

Having enjoyed reading this thread over the last year or so and thrown in the occasional thought, I decided I should let you know that I have set up a thread called "Lower Thames Yard" for my upcoming Western Region layout.

There is no layout yet, just plans, and while I can't promise Clive's level of whit or music videos I hope you will have a look and chuck in your two pennys worth telling me (politely!) what you think of my efforts. 

In the first post I have set the scene and subsequently asked help on background from the first respondents. 

Next I will be telling readers how I am dealing with semaphore and colour light signals to cope with operating in two eras 30 years apart!

Soon I hope to post pics of my efforts with DMUs although I know they are no match for the efforts of Clive, Gibbo and others.

So "Cheers" everyone, and I hope to read you in my thread at some stage!  

Best regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Don't say things like that,............ or people might think I know what I'm actually talking about !!!

Gibbo.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Paul,

Don't say things like that,............ or people might think I know what I'm actually talking about !!!

Gibbo.

Oh No!!!!

You mean I have been following you but you are as lost as me. That's why we going round and round like a train set.

I think I have already played Dead or Alive "You Spin Me Round Like a Record".

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

You mean I have been following you but you are as lost as me.

“A wizzle and two woozles.”

If I remember correctly. 
Paul.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Oh him.

I left my DMU drawing book around his last week. I do hope he has made a DMU following the drawings.

DMU? Dirty Mucky Underwear?:nono:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

GLC's van was for sale on eBay for less than a grand a few years ago, I was quite tempted to bid for it.  I'm not into their music (or in fact almost any music) but do appreciate them for not taking themselves at all seriously.  "Newport State of Mind" is excellent.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Going back a bit in time to my era this came up on one my Facebook feeds today. 

Barbarellas.jpg.d3faef903e91b5c9405034d1c05e31d2.jpg

Barbarella's was one of the early Eddie Fewtrell clubs and IIRC operated from about 1972 to 1979. 

These were the guest acts in February 1978. Although he used a lot of support acts from shows going on elsewhere in the city and a lot of people who were fairly unknown at the time he also seemed to have a knack of 'persuading' well known musicians to play relatively small venues. Perhaps something to do with the urban legend that he once saw off four associates of the Kray Twins when armed only with a Dimple pint pot.

In the rock days it hosted AC/DC and Queen. After morphing to the punk/new wave era the bands included The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Siouxsie and the Banshee’s, Ramones and the Buzzcocks.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Sheep are better: the residue is easier to clear away.

Paul.

True Paul, but what would the 'orses have to eat if the sheep had eaten it all? And more to the point where would I get my manure for the garden? And an even bigger point, Mrs Ms feet would still be on the ground if she were to ride a sheep.

• Funny 9