Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

I am so glad I live in my little model railway world. Very sad to hear of a someone taking their own life but I have no idea who Caroline Flack was until today.

Thank goodness for my model railway that keeps me way form the television.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 6
  • Agree 8

4 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Folks,

Have brush, will paint !

The below photograph features my nearly started Pullman cars and my nearly started kitchen, I may yet restart work upon the kitchen, including the painting of the kitchen, instead of toy trains. This however could be delayed further when the weather warms up and I'll start meddling with motorbikes though.

DSCF0952.JPG.73b12a7304c64297806e22b3c90ad459.JPG

No cardboard was harmed in working upon either Kitchen or Pullmans.

Gibbo.

Hi Gibbo,

Good work on the Pullmans.

Won't you need the kitchen for the motorbike meddling? I understand all the best motorbike rebuilders use the kitchen worktops.

Clive's okay, he'll only need his for 'orse repairs.

Edited by jimwal
Added content
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4

1 minute ago, jimwal said:

Hi Gibbo,

Won't you need the kitchen for the motorbike meddling? I understand all the best motorbike rebuilders use the kitchen worktops.

Clive's okay, he'll only need his for 'orse repairs

Hi Jim,

These days motorbikes have their very own rather cold shed, the precise reason I'm currently playing toy trains, in the kitchen, next to the Rayburn.

The old house was a different matter:

P9180021.JPG.e317872ff268c8e03ec36b090047c995.JPG

Gibbo.

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

9 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I am so glad I live in my little model railway world. Very sad to hear of a someone taking their own life but I have no idea who Caroline Flack was until today.

Thank goodness for my model railway that keeps me way form the television.

Like you Clive, I had no idea who she was, or what Love Island was all about as I watch so little TV. But I just cant imagine how low someone must feel to be able to do that.

Like you and most on here, we have a world of our own, but more importantly, a friendship with many people we have never met that is still second to none.

Glad I don't do Facebook or the like.

• Like 5
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Like you Clive, I had no idea who she was, or what Love Island was all about as I watch so little TV. But I just cant imagine how low someone must feel to be able to do that.

Like you and most on here, we have a world of our own, but more importantly, a friendship with many people we have never met that is still second to none.

Glad I don't do Facebook or the like.

I'm glad I don't HAVE to use Facebook/Twitter/Instagram to earn my living, because if I did, it would be difficult to avoid what comes with it.

Just look at the "feedback" Tony Wright got on FB for an innocuous suggestion in RM that railway modellers might like to base their creations on what real railways look like.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Northmoor said:

I'm glad I don't HAVE to use Facebook/Twitter/Instagram to earn my living, because if I did, it would be difficult to avoid what comes with it.

Just look at the "feedback" Tony Wright got on FB for an innocuous suggestion in RM that railway modellers might like to base their creations on what real railways look like.

I use faceache quite a bit as a means of keeping in contact with my mates, and what my favorite bands are up to. Most of my mates have the same political outlook as me so it is hard to argue who is right when you agree. I do belong to a few railway groups, most are ones that people share photos of trains so the odd " I think it is 47 xxx at Neverwas Junction" " No, I think it is 47xyz at Bigtown Central" is the most heated row, in fact less handbags at dawn than on here.  It is like anything it is how you use it, not abuse it.

As for telly, I am enjoying the new series of Dr Who, the only program I sit down to watch.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Tonight you are being treated to two songs, first one by Frazey Ford, she has a lovely voice,

The second one is by a pair of sisters who are a little unconventional, this is one of their more normal songs. Check out some other stuff by CocoRosie they are very different.

Hi Folks,

On the subject of television, my last TV went to the tip about twenty years ago. I have to say getting rid of the idiot lantern was one of the best decisions of my life. Things are so much less boring now, whether or not I am is a moot point !!!!

I still get begging letters but I light the Rayburn with them.

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Funny 6

21 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I use faceache quite a bit as a means of keeping in contact with my mates, and what my favorite bands are up to. Most of my mates have the same political outlook as me so it is hard to argue who is right when you agree. I do belong to a few railway groups, most are ones that people share photos of trains so the odd " I think it is 47 xxx at Neverwas Junction" " No, I think it is 47xyz at Bigtown Central" is the most heated row, in fact less handbags at dawn than on here.  It is like anything it is how you use it, not abuse it.

As for telly, I am enjoying the new series of Dr Who, the only program I sit down to watch.

I dunno, the Clive and Andy show was always entertaining ;)

I found the trick to a peaceful life on Facebook was not mentioning politics, especially Brexit, but I've no issues with those that do even if their views are very different to mine.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

I dunno, the Clive and Andy show was always entertaining ;)

I found the trick to a peaceful life on Facebook was not mentioning politics, especially Brexit, but I've no issues with those that do even if their views are very different to mine.

Our mate Map likes to play spot the dog on faceache. The S Wolf has a habit of blending in with the background when running about in the woods. Map post photos of where he thinks the dog is so we can help find her before he has to go home and show Mrs Goldfish a photo of where the dog they had was last seen.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

...is not being on Facebook.

So if you are not wasting your time on faceache, why haven't you informed the masses about the good bands that are making music in Australia? Like Camp Cope, Amyl and the Snifters and the Chats....all featured on here.

It comes down to me on my world wide web musical exploration to find such bands as the Cable Ties, form Australia....

Now a band from closer to home, SONS from Belgium.

The fourth good band from last years sessions at the Kex Hostel in Reykjavik , during Iceland Airwaves

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

why haven't you informed the masses about the good bands that are making music in Australia? Like Camp Cope, Amyl and the Snifters and the Chats....all featured on here.

Happy to leave that to you, old fruit.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Our mate Map likes to play spot the dog on faceache. The S Wolf has a habit of blending in with the background when running about in the woods. Map post photos of where he thinks the dog is so we can help find her before he has to go home and show Mrs Goldfish a photo of where the dog they had was last seen.

I've only misplaced her once in the forest... there was a lot colourful language going through my head at the time... then I heard a pheasant going batsh1t crazy and I could work out which direction she was in :)

The first 'spot the dog' game was purely by accident, but found my brother and his son liked playing. Really must find a fresh location for it, all the pictures look the same! 

a discussion on the woes of social media is kind of a bit timely really, some one close to us here actually has a bit of an addiction to it and it's painful watching her struggle with it. Done sensibly, fun, and in moderation, social mediaaa can have its place. Done too much and it's a drug that causes mental health issues and is just as difficult to give up as chemicals other addicts put in their bodies..... or being on rmweb ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Good Evening all,

Writing this is as near to modelling as I have got this weekend as have been on Family duty!

Its our eldest sons birthday today and younger son is down from the wilds of Flintshire with his family.

So yesterday was 10 pin bowling, lunch at Frankies and Bennys, then chilling out watching the France/Wales rugby at eldest son's.

The least said about the match the better, especially as Welsh daughter in law was not amused by it, even less so when her 5 year old daughter said she wanted France to win!!   

Today we hosted lunch for 9, and just managed to get cleared up for the England Ireland match, a much better affair (and not just because England won!).

We have just finished loading the second wash into the dish washer and  packing away the clean first load.

Just enough energy left  to complete these notes and answer a few emails before bed.

Will post something on modelling during the week.

Keep smiling

Paul     

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Today I have mainly been writing about changes to the English Art School 1856 - 1960 only made bearable by listening to this 

Only another 800 years and 40 odd thousand words to go.

Are you still in sunny Cornwall?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Are you still in sunny Cornwall?

No, I was only there for a couple of days visiting Kresen Kernow,..  I'm back sat sitting at my desk watching the rain falling and the canal filling up.

I suppose at some point I may get to the shed to do some modelling before Easter, but its so wet and miserable I don't feel the urge to trudge to the bottom of the garden at all.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5