Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
On 23/02/2020 at 15:33, 5BarVT said:

Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,

so . . . .

:-)

Paul.

Sun?

Snow, on the way home. The A66 was closed, so went the A69 then A68 to get to the A1. The snow got deeper the nearer to Darlington I got, there was none just south of York. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

A new class B1, a Hornby one for a quid short of 100. £80 off the list price, not bad I thought to myself. 

I came home with a load of stuff from the Squires stand, tools, glues, plastic card, flush glazing for the coaches, etc etc 

I also picked up a few packets of Hornby coach wheels. 

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Sun?

Snow, on the way home. The A66 was closed, so went the A69 then A68 to get to the A1. The snow got deeper the nearer to Darlington I got, there was none just south of York. 

Hi Clive,

Well as the A66 was closed you missed out on a brew at my house on the way past in that case.

Gibbo.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Sun?

Snow I can cope with, its the floods that would really get to me!

Having said that, they are threatening we might get a bit of white stuff here in sunny Bedfordshire, so I might yet be eating my words!

Better bring some modelling indoors in case although I need to spend some time writing on modelling matters on my Lower Thames Yard thread after the family weekend meant I just wrote a few lines of excuse!! 

If I cant get too far on the modelling, I might have to take a leaf from your book Clive and amend the tread title to allow for non modelling posts!

Take care All

Best regards

Paul

9 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Having said that, they are threatening we might get a bit of white stuff here in sunny Bedfordshire, so I might yet be eating my words!

Better bring some modelling indoors in case although I need to spend some time writing on modelling matters on my Lower Thames Yard thread after the family weekend meant I just wrote a few lines of excuse!! 

If I cant get too far on the modelling, I might have to take a leaf from your book Clive and amend the tread title to allow for non modelling posts!

Take care All

Best regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

I got flooded roads and then a load of snow, beat that !

As for changing the name of your thread I wouldn't bother. Most of the threads on here don't talk about modelling in any case, they do however moan about what manufacturers ought to supply them via boxes from China, cost over levels of detail gripes or somehow talk politics and whine at each other without actually mentioning anything or anyone directly. Should these cretins actually put that much energy into modelling then they could have a goodly fleet of partly painted cut and shut stuff like I have !

Ford Motor Company 30' container boxes at my house today. I intend that they will be fully painted and a trip to Halfords got me a can of RAL 7047 especially for the purpose.

Gibbo.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Take care All

Best regards

Paul

Hi Paul

No need to change the title of your thread as Gibbo has stated. Mine only has the music and fun additions as a warning. Well with my choice of music you need to be prepared. As for fun are we ralway modellers allowed it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Paul

No need to change the title of your thread as Gibbo has stated. Mine only has the music and fun additions as a warning. Well with my choice of music you need to be prepared. As for fun are we ralway modellers allowed it.

No, except on 29th February,  but only if that happens to fall on a Sunday. In that case, you are then allowed ten minutes.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Niece is getting married on Feb 29th this year.

Bought a Kernow/DJM 1361 from KMRC this week, it's a bit quick and needs running in.

Not had any snow yet, though did have hail this morning.

No flooding at home, but we are 335ft up, on top of a hill.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, great northern said:

No, except on 29th February,  but only if that happens to fall on a Sunday. In that case, you are then allowed ten minutes.

Is it a random 10 minutes of our own choice or 10 minutes between a certain starting and finishing times? I only ask because with your knowledge of such rules and your ability to persuade the rivet police the guilty defendant is only a mere guilty pillock and a victim of his own circumstances. Thus serving a lighter sentence. 

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Is it a random 10 minutes of our own choice or 10 minutes between a certain starting and finishing times? I only ask because with your knowledge of such rules and your ability to persuade the rivet police the guilty defendant is only a mere guilty pillock and a victim of his own circumstances. Thus serving a lighter sentence. 

Between 4.00am and 4.10am, I believe. But only if you are on your own.  Perhaps I should remind you also that I spent far more of my career prosecuting than I did defending.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, great northern said:

Between 4.00am and 4.10am, I believe. But only if you are on your own.  Perhaps I should remind you also that I spent far more of my career prosecuting than I did defending.

So if I was to be a couple of minutes late you would have me banged up?

Well you know who your mates are. :wink_mini:

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Paul

I gotta say simply referring to "music" in the title of your layout thread gives absolutely no warning as to the sort of music one encounters on your thread!

I have never heard of most of the bands you introduce - let alone the ones you say exist in Australia.  But as I have said before it is an education and the older one gets the more you have to embrace new experiences!

So I continue to keep an open mind about the music content of this thread.  Don't ask me to hum any of the songs though!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Bogie said:

I gotta say simply referring to "music" in the title of your layout thread gives absolutely no warning as to the sort of music one encounters on your thread!

I have never heard of most of the bands you introduce - let alone the ones you say exist in Australia.  But as I have said before it is an education and the older one gets the more you have to embrace new experiences!

So I continue to keep an open mind about the music content of this thread.  Don't ask me to hum any of the songs though!

One of my favorite all time Botany Bay Con First Fleeter bands, sadly no longer performing together, Lucy now lives in England and has a very good rock and roll band, but that is for another day.

• Like 2

Hi all,

And now for a complete change of topic...……..

Any of you got experience of using a 3D printer?

Something I've been chewing on for quite a while, but now an opportunity to acquire one at a not too shabby price has come my way!

Many thanks

Paul

53 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Hi all,

And now for a complete change of topic...……..

Any of you got experience of using a 3D printer?

Something I've been chewing on for quite a while, but now an opportunity to acquire one at a not too shabby price has come my way!

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

You do realise that to be allowed to use a 3d printer on this thread you will have to change the colour of the feed-stock halfway through the print to get that, "Cut and Shut from Triang"  look about the newly printed components !!!!

Gibbo.

• Funny 10

33 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Paul,

You do realise that to be allowed to use a 3d printer on this thread you will have to change the colour of the feed-stock halfway through the print to get that, "Cut and Shut from Triang"  look about the newly printed components !!!!

Gibbo.

Could be interesting!

Knowing my luck, I'd start out intending to get a Blood and Custard or a Chocolate and Cream effect and end up with a Blood and Chocolate effect!!

Doh!!:laugh_mini:

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Could be interesting!

Knowing my luck, I'd start out intending to get a Blood and Custard or a Chocolate and Cream effect and end up with a Blood and Chocolate effect!!

Doh!!:laugh_mini:

Hi Paul,

Does such a situation leave you with custard cream ?

If so, brew time !

Gibbo.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Paul,

Gibbo.

Not so young Gibbo

I am considering buying one for my own use. Before that I have to learn how to do 3D drawings. :mail:

As for changing colour of the feed-stock.....can that be done? Self coloured blood and custard coaches or Notwork Southeast toothpaste livery EMUs. :locomotive:

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Not so young Gibbo

I am considering buying one for my own use. Before that I have to learn how to do 3D drawings. :mail:

As for changing colour of the feed-stock.....can that be done? Self coloured blood and custard coaches or Notwork Southeast toothpaste livery EMUs. :locomotive:

Hi Clive,

How do three dimensional drawings effect the fifth dimensional nature of the inner working of your mind ?

As for your currently unpainted EMU's its my guess that you have been squeezing the toothpaste tube from the wrong end !!!

Gibbo.

• Funny 7

2 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

As for changing colour of the feed-stock.....can that be done? Self coloured blood and custard coaches or Notwork Southeast toothpaste livery EMUs

I get that from my supplier of tartan paint, left-handed screwdrivers, spirit level bubbles and long weights.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive,

How do three dimensional drawings effect the fifth dimensional nature of the inner working of your mind ?

As for your currently unpainted EMU's its my guess that you have been squeezing the toothpaste tube from the wrong end !!!

Gibbo.

Hi Gibbo

No effect at all, my warped imagination resulting  in the fifth dimension appears not to be effected by anything that is related to reality. My trick-cyclist called it delusional but I am sure she is wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gibbo

No effect at all, my warped imagination resulting  in the fifth dimension appears not to be effected by anything that is related to reality. My trick-cyclist called it delusional but I am sure she is wrong. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPK7ZF6jfJE

• Funny 1