Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Is that all Martin ? 

I will need to check with Gibbo if you qualify as a member of the "Whoops I have started too many DMUs projects gang". 

Just looking at the trains on the layout, I have the following to finish, but they are operative. 

Class 101 2 car

Class 101 4 car (with Buffet)

Class 104 2 car

Class 104 3 car

Class 104 4 car

Class 108 4 car 

Class 111 2 car

No excuse now for not being able to paint my trains, the spray booth was delivered tonight. I came into the model room, the Leeds and Bradford limited stopper (2x3 car Met-Can units) and the Halifax six coach non-gangway stopper (class 24/1, first revenue train it has hauled)  had just started running about 9.00pm when Mrs M stuck her head in the toy room, waving a Hermes card "Were you expecting a delivery?". Well I wasn't expecting it today or at 9.00pm it was supposed to be here next week. 

The K1 headed York parcels has nearly reached its destination. So has the Barnsley bound 2 coach train with an Ivatt class 2 tank . 

Complete

DC 101 with TBSL

H 110

Lima 116

Lima 117

Lima 118

DC 128

• Like 2

On 14/05/2020 at 22:05, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Andi,

I'll second you on that one !!!

Government is only a corporation that contracts with persons (not human beings) via contracts known as statute acts. https

As the essential elements of a contract are offer, acceptance and consideration( I.e payment as far as the Great Unwashed are concerned) and as the Government have neither offered me anything, nor paid me anything,  can I conclude that there is therefore  no legal contract between us so it must be the case that anarchy rules comrade ?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, jazzer said:

As the essential elements of a contract are offer, acceptance and consideration( I.e payment as far as the Great Unwashed are concerned) and as the Government have neither offered me anything, nor paid me anything,  can I conclude that there is therefore  no legal contract between us so it must be the case that anarchy rules comrade ?

Back to serious matters

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Back to serious matters

Dollar!

Thereza Bazar dated my Uncle in the 1970s.  

David Van Day is your relative who always behaves inappropriately around teenage girls at a wedding.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

18 hours ago, jazzer said:

Hi Jazzer,

You have completely the wrong end of the stick !

https://comprehensophy.org/be-a-trim-tab/

Gibbo.

I have just popped in to say hi, and have just spent two days going through over 200 pages of your thread. I then realised I have not posted anything for ages, so again "hi".

Your links at the bottom don't include some bits you posted about EMUs, which was the reason of going through everything. Found them eventually. Any updates on the EMUs?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

"Complete" I had to look that word up. :read:

I completed 2 x 2D TSOs yesterday

Working on a 2F FO today, but seem to be short of door windows.

Then got to finish 2 more 2D TSOs and a 2C BSO

But been watching TV while glueing roof vents on a 2A BFK

The 4 2D TSOs are the last 4 of a rake of 8 to do , and the FO and BSO are the last pair on another rake.

What I am doing is.

Strip down

Drill all handrail holes.

Sand down window frames

Open up window apertures to glazing will fit from behind.

OTHER JOBS

Fit handrails

Glue on frames

Prime

Roof grey

Grey sides

Blue sides

Lining & numbers OHLE and C1

Glazing

Door handles

Door grab handles.

Place in R.U.B. rake box.

OTHER JOBS Include

2EFing TSOs

2EFing doors

2Fing fans

2Fing roof panels

My next batch are 2D BFK 2A BFK

Then 2DEF TSO one of each

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

I have just popped in to say hi, and have just spent two days going through over 200 pages of your thread. I then realised I have not posted anything for ages, so again "hi".

Your links at the bottom don't include some bits you posted about EMUs, which was the reason of going through everything. Found them eventually. Any updates on the EMUs?

Hi Cheesy

200 pages? You must have been very bored or you have a lot of patience. How many songs have I repeated?

Sadly no work on the EMUs of late. I am thinking of making an exhibition layout based on Harlow Town station to run them. The motivation to work on them isn't there at the moment as they are not part of the big trainset plan.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

Know what you mean by lack of motivation, had a simple wagon sat on the bench waiting for me to finish the brakes for 4 days now.

I keep surfing RMWeb, including Clive's pages for daily motivation, then get side-tracked by other domestic jobs.  Back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks furlough, so I will be expected to actually work again (from home, so lower expectations than if I was in the office).

Also lost a bit of zip after getting a call on Friday evening; an old colleague, mentor and good friend who I worked with very closely for over six years, died suddenly after only just making 70.  No age at all.

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

Know what you mean by lack of motivation, had a simple wagon sat on the bench waiting for me to finish the brakes for 4 days now.

Get your finger out or I'll send the Heeley Hooligans, the Nefarious Nortonians and the Nether Edge Kneekickers round to sort you out!

Mike.

• Funny 2

On 12/05/2020 at 16:03, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive,

A couple of Triang Trestrols and some Peco LK10 bridge girders and you could cut and shut yourself daft with such a project.

Gibbo.

Because I'm really anal, I played this film through the big TV.
I think the Garrett is on its own, the exhaust in the background, is an engine on an adjacent track.
Right at the end of its life, they steamed this beast to haul a big test train over the Woodhead. 
By then, I think it was oil fired.
It did not end well, they had to stop for 'blow ups'.
I loved the loco. Indeed I have a, now, very battered DJH kit banking heavy trains up to Manchester Oldham Road.
This it has done for three different variations for almost 40yrs.
In reality, it was yet another case of not letting Beyer Peacock build what they should have.
An over-complicated turkey resulted.
Hi Clive, good to be back from the dead and posting on here again.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Well, got the wagons to a point awaiting parts, for which I blame you. You had pig lane, so I did some pig iron wagons.

Now moved onto a second project that has been 2 months in the work ATM, for which I also blame you as it is DMU shaped :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/05/2020 at 13:00, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Jazzer,

You have completely the wrong end of the stick !

https://comprehensophy.org/be-a-trim-tab/

Gibbo.

Well I'll be jiggered . Not often I'm lost for words. I suppose you are sort of saying that I am like the Brake Ejector Valve on an A4 and if I move a bit the brakes come on and I can  stop the whole train all by myself? Wow!

Edit : Ive read it three times and the more I read it the more I like it

Edited by jazzer
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Sandhole said:

Because I'm really anal, I played this film through the big TV.
I think the Garrett is on its own, the exhaust in the background, is an engine on an adjacent track.
Right at the end of its life, they steamed this beast to haul a big test train over the Woodhead. 
By then, I think it was oil fired.
It did not end well, they had to stop for 'blow ups'.
I loved the loco. Indeed I have a, now, very battered DJH kit banking heavy trains up to Manchester Oldham Road.
This it has done for three different variations for almost 40yrs.
In reality, it was yet another case of not letting Beyer Peacock build what they should have.
An over-complicated turkey resulted.
Hi Clive, good to be back from the dead and posting on here again.

Good to have you back.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

And another,

Cor, the Undred Club ain’t half changed since I mis-spent a chunk of my youth there. It was a proper jazz club in those days, no elf ‘n’ safety nonsense , absolutely packed, condensation running down the walls and some great musicians. That was in the halcyon days before the world went mad and all diesels were still blue.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

No trains last night or tonight. Tonight I was watching videos on the British Indian army in WW2 and a very good one on the British Army manpower shortage in France in 1918...the conclusion was we were running out of suitable men.

Last night was wonderful, Beabadoobee was live on KEXP (a Seattle based internet radio station). This is not from that session but she did play this last night. I dedicate this to young Sainty  after this post earlier today...

• Thanks 1

G'Day Folks

The lack of suitable men during the First world war, highlighted the living conditions of many of the poorest people in the UK at the time. Well over a Million men were rejected by the Services as being so unhealthy, purely because of poor living condition, poor wages and poor working conditions.

manna

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2