Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

.... ..  -.-. .-.. .. ...- .

.... --- .--  .-. ..- -.. .

--. .. -... -... ---

Hi Gibbo

I could have been ruder.

If my father in law was still alive I would have asked him to write it out in Japanese Morse code. He was a navy signaler and use listen in on Japanese radio messages.

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

.... .. / ..-. --- .-.. -.- ... --..--

.. / ..-. --- ..- -. -.. / - .... .. ... / .- -. -.. / .. - ... / --. .-. . .- - / ..-. ..- -. / ..-. --- .-. / - .... . / .-- .-. .. - .. -. --. / --- ..-. / -. --- -. ... . -. ... . / --- -. / -.-. .-.. .. ...- . .----. ... / - .... .-. . .- -.. .-.-.-

https://morsecode.world/international/translator.html

--. .. -... -... --- .-.-.-

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

.... .. / ..-. --- .-.. -.- ... --..--

.. / ..-. --- ..- -. -.. / - .... .. ... / .- -. -.. / .. - ... / --. .-. . .- - / ..-. ..- -. / ..-. --- .-. / - .... . / .-- .-. .. - .. -. --. / --- ..-. / -. --- -. ... . -. ... . / --- -. / -.-. .-.. .. ...- . .----. ... / - .... .-. . .- -.. .-.-.-

https://morsecode.world/international/translator.html

--. .. -... -... --- .-.-.-

Hi Gibbo

Я магу пісаць глупствы без дапамогі перакладчыка.

• Friendly/supportive 1

11 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gibbo

Я магу пісаць глупствы без дапамогі перакладчыка.

Hi Clive,

You do realise that I do put quite a bit of effort into alchemising my salt !

Gibbo.

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Jazzer,

It is a Octave Mandolin, I know in this song she is strumming it but normally she picks it (I think that is the correct Bluegrass expression).

It did actually cross my mind it might be some kind of mandolin, but the body looks a bit like a jazz guitar and I thought it might be a 12-string guitar cur down to 8. you can never tell what what these days with Keith Richard saying you only need 5 strings anyway .

Mandolins give a nice sparkly though. Even gets Abe Laboriel up  dancing :

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+sao+paulo+dance+tonight&docid=607992594060804587&mid=E5A8221F1FC9C3A2B417E5A8221F1FC9C3A2B417&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Call me OLD if you like,:nono: but I never noticed it was 8 strings, haha, give me just 4 any day, life is much simpler that way.:D

Noooooo ! you're not old. Just tell the girls you are still only  20  but with 50 years experience.  

They'll believe you ..

(maybe.... ) ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

9 minutes ago, jazzer said:

Noooooo ! you're not old. Just tell the girls you are still only  20  but with 50 years experience.  

They'll believe you ..

(maybe.... ) ;)

Spot on, 70 the new 20+ so that makes me feel a lot better.

Cheers for that, have a drink on me.:good: 

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Paddington 1975

That was brilliant Clive, I started in 1977, aged 27 but only ever went to Fratton and local to Portsmouth or Chichester when working over there, as I was working 6 days a week. I did have the odd trip on the Train to Didcot in the 80's, or about once a Month to Salisbury whilst the Good Lady went shopping. I never collected numbers back then, as I thought that was for kids, like I did at Heathrow as a 9 / 10 year old spotting Planes.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I thought that the chap with the glasses was YOU, getting the coach numbers mate, haha.

Don't knock coach spotters they have accurately numbered trains.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 3

9 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Paddington 1975

Hi Folks,

Being the Neddy Gricer that I am, I spotted the XP64 coaches at 0:48 and 5:47. Missed ut on the numers though !

I also noticed that both class 47 and 52 locomotives sound like class 50's in upon occasion.

Gibbo.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Paddington 1975

Wonderful, like Gibbo I also noticed how all the locos sounded like 50s and congratulated myself on spotting the XP64 coach.  Just imagine, those air-con Mark 2s were almost new then! 

A great many journalists could learn from John Stapleton's interview of young lads doing an oddball (though it wasn't so much then) hobby, without being at all patronising.  I wonder how many of the spotters are still enthusiasts now, or are working on the railway or involved in preservation?  They'll be approaching retirement age.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
On 07/08/2020 at 11:26, John Tomlinson said:

Really enjoyed your 7+ minute video, Clive.

Interesting when you think about it, Peco track, RTR rolling stock (I know you have a lot of scratch/ modified as well) and not DCC, and it runs PERFECTLY without a murmur throughout.

The Ratio goods van has turned out well, one of the very first wagon kits I ever built, the next one in the cupboard will get diagonal strapping on the strength of this.

John.

Hi John and All

Until John pointed out the stock was RTR I hadn't really noticed I just picked two trains I knew  (well hoped) would run well.  So tonight's video, not so long and not so ambitious features 3 scratchbuilt locos and two rakes of stock under conversion, with one RTR coach.

Enjoy.

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 2