Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

4 hours ago, Ravenser said:

There was a ? Class 100 driving trailer in the Fison's weedkilling train in the 1980s as spray coach/DVT

Having recently acquired the Invicta 2 coach pack (which doesn't actually include a spray coach) I was wondering is any kind of decent approximation could be done from this?

Hi Ravenser,

I have built, but not finished, a Gloucester 100 for a two car Hybrid set with a Craven 105. It was a complicated affair utilising a Hornby Mk2 with the windows of the 110 let into it and scratch built ends. I'll only build one !

DSCF0772.JPG.d5412df89f25e5cd4ed43dd8c1fca5a3.JPG

DSCF0789.JPG.8067ace69af5c724d0f800ca83de517b.JPG

DSCF1023.JPG.710e3ef3913afdc5afe49351a17643ea.JPG

https://www.railcar.co.uk/images/12979

Gibbo.

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Northy

Wot is Glee and Pitch Perfect? Is it worth missing?

Glee definitely worth missing. Can’t comment on Pitch Perfect.

Paul.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 5BarVT said:

Glee definitely worth missing. Can’t comment on Pitch Perfect.

Paul.

Glee did give us Sue Sylvester, the acid-tongued sports coach.  her version of Madonna's Vogue is worth seeing, but you probably need to know her character from the programme to appreciate it properly:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

Glee did give us Sue Sylvester, the acid-tongued sports coach.  her version of Madonna's Vogue is worth seeing, but you probably need to know her character from the programme to appreciate it properly:

Oh dear.

I would like to see her cover this,

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I was thinking of all those readers wives choirs and whatsisname making choirs out of 14 delinquents and a box of cornflakes. 

I have a plan that so far seems working, avoid telly if you can.

This evenings tea is a good example of why one should steer clear of the goggle box. While eating tea Mrs M had the Yorkshire Vet on. He was castrating young horses. I was eating meatballs. 

Most evenings I disappear into the train room, listening to music while I model or run trains. Then catch up with you lot and faceache, followed by more music on You Tube.

I have been watching this lady quite a bit recently, I wasn't too sure about her to start with but I like her now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnCIcauyKmQ

I have done some model making this evening, cutting out windows on a Hornby sleeper to make a SK.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 6
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I have a plan that so far seems working, avoid telly if you can.

This evenings tea is a good example of why one should steer clear of the goggle box. While eating tea Mrs M had the Yorkshire Vet on. He was castrating young horses. I was eating meatballs. 

Clive,

Perhaps Mrs M was trying to give you a hint about where she obtained the Meatballs?

Paul

• Funny 8

I don`t know if to blame you Clive, or siggi69, but I was comparing the trix sides with my book of railway plans, and now am starting on a second trix cut and shut, after the one I have just started that is (well, that's the idea, lets see how long it is before i start on the second one). 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 17:50, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Tonight's picture is rated PG13

Some viewers may find the content distressing.

Contains mild peril, suspect intentions and unwise scale mixing.

20200909_170649.jpg.bd895517201cfabab1538660a0c90cad.jpg

In a fit of silliness I decided to test the track by pushing a rake of assorted green bangers around the layout with a locomotive from an entirely different continent. 

Nothing fell off.

Fun was had.

My inner 12  year old is pleased.

If you have been distressed by any of the issues raised in tonight's post, you can sod off to the GOG thread and clout each other with handbags.

Might this be termed a "cut and shut train"??

What has the GOG done to upset you, they can't help it 'cos they take a larger gauge view of things!

Still, anyone up for a steam hauled HS125?

Take care All, the Virus is coming after us (again!).

Cheers

Paul

• Like 2

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 23:46, TheSignalEngineer said:

I started with a bit of up a Lima 42'BG and Siphon with the correct bogies and a bit of weathering.  My follow up idea was to make an LMS Period 2 BT from an Airfix Lav brake. I then bought a Comet Push-pull cab etch but didn't like the way it fitted to the Airfix body shape so I made my own end. Out of all the bits I had I made a non-corridor 3rd. Hornby brought out the Period 3 suburbans so I bought a brake and a compo. After the next run a box shifter was selling a bulk pack so I had a BT and another non-corridor coach left over. I sold the one and used the Comet end on the BT to make a P3 Push-pull. As I went from success to success with these I decided to make a rake of LMS Vestibule stock for an excursion set using Comet sides. Whilst cutting up the donors I realised I could make a Period 1 all-door TK and a BCK which were never done by Mainline, Replica or Bachmann. The bits left over from those will make a 57' Ambulance Coach to BG conversion. Currently just waiting some finishing is a Class 122 DTS to go with my Dapol bubble car. It gets a bit addictive once you start.

I must be missing something? I have read this three times and I still can't see how you use LMS coach parts for a Class 122 DTS?

Seriously, I need one of them, so I'd love to know what you used?

Many thanks

Paul

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

I must be missing something? I have read this three times and I still can't see how you use LMS coach parts for a Class 122 DTS?

Seriously, I need one of them, so I'd love to know what you used?

Many thanks

Paul

The DTS isn't from LMS bits, although they did a cut'n'shut to produce a DMU from some old coaches. They were two-window BTOs 9821 and 9828 running on bogies from withdrawn DC Lines stock and a Paxman engine in each coach.

You can make a Gloucester DTS from a Lima 117 centre coach chassis and a DMBS body with the brake compartment removed and new sections for the sides and extra seats available from Silver Fox or DIY from the body and interior of the centre coach.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 09/09/2020 at 17:50, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Tonight's picture is rated PG13

Some viewers may find the content distressing.

Contains mild peril, suspect intentions and unwise scale mixing.

20200909_170649.jpg.bd895517201cfabab1538660a0c90cad.jpg

In a fit of silliness I decided to test the track by pushing a rake of assorted green bangers around the layout with a locomotive from an entirely different continent. 

Nothing fell off.

Fun was had.

My inner 12  year old is pleased.

If you have been distressed by any of the issues raised in tonight's post, you can sod off to the GOG thread and clout each other with handbags.

I too am the owner of a Lima 442-class..

And I think this might be a real one - the photo quality is grotty but I think there are 5 digits in the loco number up top, not 4

Hornsby, Main Northern, 1979 1359259627_NSWGR0031024x768.jpg.d34216c76dbee956b3f434bc7f349579.jpg

• Like 6

I just had a laugh today, I got my copy of the PDH drawings out for the AC EMUs. My god, how wrong can they be? I can make better models without even measuring anything, but just working from the compartments on the replica coaches and looking at videos on youtube and pictures of the EMUs I`m building.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

I just had a laugh today, I got my copy of the PDH drawings out for the AC EMUs. My god, how wrong can they be? I can make better models without even measuring anything, but just working from the compartments on the replica coaches and looking at videos on youtube and pictures of the EMUs I`m building.

PDH drawings are somewhat notorious for inaccuracy. Don't go anywhere near the APT ones!

Andi

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Can i just say, yes, they are good, but the original is better. Their version emphasizes the female vocals too much, whereas the original has the contrast between the male and female vocals to add more to the song.

Linkin Park, a much missed band, and the songs are still great today.

• Like 2