Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

3 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

Linkin Park, a much missed band, and the songs are still great today.

With Linkin Park when I listen back to tracks now I realise how much it sounded like they were trying to help Chester come to terms with his difficulties and by default other people suffering similarly.

If I feel depressed it is Linkin Park that lifts me up.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

That's the first time I have listened to an Ian Brown track all the way through after seeing him live a number of years ago .... he sounds better in a studio.

Can we go back to the obscure, the Japanese, and cut'n'shut MkIs?

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, Alex TM said:

That's the first time I have listened to an Ian Brown track all the way through after seeing him live a number of years ago .... he sounds better in a studio.

Can we go back to the obscure, the Japanese, and cut'n'shut MkIs?

Hi Slex,

Do you mean like this odd bod ?

Gibbo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I had no idea Cyndi Lauper was a cut n shut.  Well, it explains the squeaking. 

Hi Dr Fritters,

Upon reflection Cyndi Lauper could well be a Mk1, Madonna a Mk2 and for real good quality American female iconoclasts Lady Gaga is definitely a Mk3.

Wheter I would cut and shut any of them is most certainly a moot point.

Unfortunately at 5'2" Lady Gaga doesn't quite cut the mustard for Irish gauge, oh well !

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Northmoor said:

Cher has never made much secret of being Cut-n-Shut and probably contains as much plastic as a Tri-ang Mk1 coach.

Wasn't there a line in one of the 'Lethal Weapon' films about plastic and Cher (though the plastic in question was explosive)?

As to whether or not Cyndi Lauper is/was odd, I would have to say 'yes', though I think the polite term is eccentric.  I liked some of her work, though not the David Bowie tribute ....

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Not too sure if we have had CocoRosie before, they are a tad different.

Different - weird would be my description, though pleasantly so.

On a good news front - just found out that my local music shop has started stocking Japanese metal cds (including Band Maid).

• Like 2

I ask the wisdom of others here who have more use of them than me, but I was dismantling a replica powered chassis last night, and the only thing I could think was this looks identical to Heljan chassis. Now, it is either been made with Heljan involvement or it is made in the same Chinese factory. Anybody else noticed this? Also, I will now be experimenting later to see of the Heljan bogies, gears etc are a match and can be swapped over. If so, the clayton bogies will be perfect with this for EMUs, as they have the correct bogie wheelbase and wheel size.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Here is some real steam - be it ever so small!

Yesterday I took this photo at the reopening weekend of the Leighton Buzzard Narrow Gauge Railway.

Doll is running round her train in preparation for the 2.30 departure to Stonehenge.

And before you ask Clive, No she isn't a cut and shut from a standard gauge Caledonian tank!!

Cheers

Paul

LB Narrow Gauge - Doll-1.jpg

Edited by Tallpaul69
Forgot to include a comment
  • Like 8
  • Funny 1

42 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

Must admit, I am finding the cutting and re-arranging the trix coach sides very therapeutic and relaxing tonight. Wonderful way to unwind on my day off.

Hi Dave,

Make sure that you are cutting and shutting those Mk1's while listening to the music of odd bod female American iconoclasts and not shaggy haired Mancunians !

Gibbo.

Some days the zen does not flow. 

All I have managed since the weekend is to fail to get my point rodding to work, sent money to a company known for not delivering goods, let all the smoke out of the chip that was to power my 4CEP and taken delivery of the wrong piece of electrickery kit cuz I must have clicked the wrong box.

F*$%ing stupid hobby anyway.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9