Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

19 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Again no trains today

I like these two ladies.

Hi Clive,

How interesting that they are singing a song about the spagyric qualities of the natural world instead of the disgusting nastiness of the petrochemical based pharmaceutical industry !

Gibbo.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

WOT, Not even a McBrains?

1387043360_DSCF1052-Copy.jpg.5b7eaa48072475467cff4dff6c8e96c2.jpg

Mr P

They are buses from your native Devon, I suppose they could do with some help from the other side of the wall.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

1920072987_Devonbus.jpg.53a9c625d33d4e8f049b0d5329e6c0dd.jpg

Wot like these

Looking at this lot, I'm wondering if you're planning on going all "hydraulic" on us?

The Royal Blue Bristol coaches, front row centre and far right, are very pretty indeed, I didn't know anyone made these vehicles, or are they a Mortimore "special"?

John.

• Funny 1

8 minutes ago, John Tomlinson said:

Looking at this lot, I'm wondering if you're planning on going all "hydraulic" on us?

The Royal Blue Bristol coaches, front row centre and far right, are very pretty indeed, I didn't know anyone made these vehicles, or are they a Mortimore "special"?

John.

Royal Blue, Devon General and Exeter Corporation, all thanks to EFE and Original Omnibus, all 1/76 scale, whats not to like?

Exeter Central or St.Davids layout any one?

Or are they candidates for some cutting and shutting??

Still, I expect Clive has also plenty of Yorkshire buses and coaches?

Cheers

Paul

• Thanks 1

Actually it did happen in real life. If not with some from as far away as shown. There was a span of about 6 months at the end of the 70s/start of the 80s, when SYT had to ground most of its fleet due to a serious defect, and they ended up borrowing busses from other corporation areas all over the country. Plenty of Manchester Birmingham and even some from Bristol. 

So never say never.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, John Tomlinson said:

John.

Hi John

The Royal Blue coaches are as follows, the old body MW, EFE, the late body MW Oxford, and the RELH EFE.

I have another Royal Blue EFE MW but that is a Western National one not a Southern National. I know they were the same company but that was a line up of buses from Devon when Mallard60022 needed a bus replacement service. I don't have any Southern National buses.

18 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Royal Blue, Devon General and Exeter Corporation, all thanks to EFE and Original Omnibus, all 1/76 scale, whats not to like?

Exeter Central or St.Davids layout any one?

Or are they candidates for some cutting and shutting??

Still, I expect Clive has also plenty of Yorkshire buses and coaches?

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul

I have very few Yorkshire buses, there are my few Sheffield ones and some Hull ones, both because I liked the liveries. I think I have a couple of Hebble buses. I will have to have a check on my buses, all I know I have more than I need, enough to fill the elevated express way that runs alongside the GWR out of Paddington.

Ting....20p in the swear box. 10 for GWR and 10 for Paddington....blow that is now 40p.

I am sure I have a surplus old body MW that could be repainted into a Sheffield C fleet Leyland Leopard with ECW body.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
it is an RELH not a RESH.
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

Went out to buy a triang/Hornby mk1 bsk for a cut and shut into a courier vehicle earlier. Came back with someone else's mk1 bg cut and shut instead. It's not bad, seems to match a replica bg quits nicely,  colour is close enough for me.

I don't think it's one of Clives though as it's been painted.... ;)

20201003_154509.jpg.a73863bed6ddd94ebb3080102001c311.jpg

20201003_154525.jpg.2b61f920e9807d45da2229f4b788a2fa.jpg

20201003_154414.jpg.51b01847fffacdc9f233b212667f4ff9.jpg

20201003_154617.jpg.fbe1a0f381431e5372e276943ba3081d.jpg

• Like 9
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

Went out to buy a triang/Hornby mk1 bsk for a cut and shut into a courier vehicle earlier. Came back with someone else's mk1 bg cut and shut instead. It's not bad, seems to match a replica bg quits nicely,  colour is close enough for me.

I don't think it's one of Clives though as it's been painted.... ;)

20201003_154509.jpg.a73863bed6ddd94ebb3080102001c311.jpg

20201003_154525.jpg.2b61f920e9807d45da2229f4b788a2fa.jpg

20201003_154414.jpg.51b01847fffacdc9f233b212667f4ff9.jpg

20201003_154617.jpg.fbe1a0f381431e5372e276943ba3081d.jpg

How long is your company exiling you to the far side of that wall?  It won't be long enough with comments like that. :rtfm:

• Funny 9

32 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

How long is your company exiling you to the far side of that wall?  It won't be long enough with comments like that. :rtfm:

I'll be travelling up and down quite a bit so I can see how you're getting on with yours ;) (still got candidates for your short strip of narrow gauge to trial here!)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

I'll be travelling up and down quite a bit so I can see how you're getting on with yours ;) (still got candidates for your short strip of narrow gauge to trial here!)

OOh !

Cutting

• Funny 1

Have to report my class120 sides are done, but will have to wait now as I have run out of both 1mm plastic strip for the sides and filler to rub down.

Roll on pay day.

And run out of vauxhall yellow form the front ends.

Can feel a shopping list coming on for pay day.

Still got to decide the identity of the unit yet. Thinking one of the Derby sets so I can use a 104 centre car. Does anyone know how many ended up fitted with B4 bogies? Might put some on just to be different to all the other DMUs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

Have to report my class120 sides are done, but will have to wait now as I have run out of both 1mm plastic strip for the sides and filler to rub down.

Roll on pay day.

And run out of vauxhall yellow form the front ends.

Can feel a shopping list coming on for pay day.

Still got to decide the identity of the unit yet. Thinking one of the Derby sets so I can use a 104 centre car. Does anyone know how many ended up fitted with B4 bogies? Might put some on just to be different to all the other DMUs.

Hi Dave,

With the exception of Test Car Hydra, the only first generation DMU's to have B4 bogies were the Swindon 123 units.

You note Vauxhaull Yellow as warning panel yellow, I have been doing some research into RAL number equivalents for railway colours and have found the following to be very good matches:

• 5020 BR blue
  • 7038 BR coach grey
  • 7024 Dark roof grey
  • 6020 BR green
  • 6011 Sherwood green (slightly light)
  • 7030 Diesel roof grey
  • 1003 Warning panel yellow
  • 5019 BRT whiskey blue
  • 5010 Nanking blue
  • 5009 Late electric blue
  • 3009 Bauxite (slightly dark)
  • 8004 Early bauxite
  • 7022 Dark executive grey
  • 7032 Light executive grey
  • 3005 Coach maroon
  • 2002 Buffer beam red

I may well acquire a British Standard colour chart and see what is available.

A3WallChart-small.jpg

Gibbo.

• Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Dave,

With the exception of Test Car Hydra, the only first generation DMU's to have B4 bogies were the Swindon 123 units.

You note Vauxhaull Yellow as warning panel yellow, I have been doing some research into RAL number equivalents for railway colours and have found the following to be very good matches:

• 5020 BR blue
  • 7038 BR coach grey
  • 7024 Dark roof grey
  • 6020 BR green
  • 6011 Sherwood green (slightly light)
  • 7030 Diesel roof grey
  • 1003 Warning panel yellow
  • 5019 BRT whiskey blue
  • 5010 Nanking blue
  • 5009 Late electric blue
  • 3009 Bauxite (slightly dark)
  • 8004 Early bauxite
  • 7022 Dark executive grey
  • 7032 Light executive grey
  • 3005 Coach maroon
  • 2002 Buffer beam red

I may well acquire a British Standard colour chart and see what is available.

A3WallChart-small.jpg

Gibbo.

Despite given all the colour charts available to choose from I will pick a colour that is not suitable for a kitchen and then agree with Mrs M's choice for some peace and quite.

4006 looks lovely for your kitchen Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

https://www.railcar.co.uk/images/694

This one at least went to the scrapyard fitted with B4 bogies.

Before the great railway photo extinguish event, when so many photos were lost forever, i remember seeing a photo of a set working from Derby fitted with B4 bogies, and i did wonder if they were ones off the 123 when they were scraped.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

https://www.railcar.co.uk/images/694

This one at least went to the scrapyard fitted with B4 bogies.

Before the great railway photo extinguish event, when so many photos were lost forever, i remember seeing a photo of a set working from Derby fitted with B4 bogies, and i did wonder if they were ones off the 123 when they were scraped.

You could be right.  However, this photo isn't proof of DMUs on B4s (123s excepted) in operational service.

It might be in the scrapyard on B4 bogies, but it doesn't mean it went to the scrapyard on B4s.  That body could have been demounted in one part of the yard (like the one adjacent) then transferred to the B4s as accommodation bogies while it was moved.  Swapping bogies permanently means reconnecting all sorts of electrical and brake connections, which wouldn't be necessary for a 3mph move around a yard.

• Informative/Useful 1