Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gibbo

Itsn't great different people have different taste. If we all liked the same thing no one would model the Southern Region. :punish:

Hi Clive,

Is this some sort of swear box avoidance tactic ?

Gibbo.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Kernow had some cheap EPBs in Green on offer, come on Clive, you know you want to - some sort of extended Newcastle third rail, down the East Coast, through York, Normanton, Barnsley and into Sheffield Exchange.:D

Hi Woody

I have a 4 COR or 4 RES to make, and I would like to one day model more SR trains. All those lovely post war augmented 4SUBs.

The Southern Region was the first that came to mind, I should have kept in keeping with the music and suggested the GER.......:punish:....sorry Jazzer.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Woody

I have a 4 COR or 4 RES to make, and I would like to one day model more SR trains. All those lovely post war augmented 4SUBs.

The Southern Region was the first that came to mind, I should have kept in keeping with the music and suggested the GER.......:punish:....sorry Jazzer.

Hi Clive,

I'll lend you this but you would have to motorise it:

DSCF0397.JPG.6085be46ed40b813c6d5739f594031fc.JPG

On second thoughts you won't want as it has since been painted.

Gibbo.

• Like 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

I was just thinking that at the rate I'm going I could model one of each of the AC EMU. Am I correct in saying the only MK1 EMU that had the large windows were the second batch of 304 and the 3 car 305?

Hi Cheesy

And three 308 3 car units. They looked the same as the 305s except for the under cubbins on the MBS. Same with the 4 car 305s and 308s.

And the rebuilt MPVs to MBS on the LTSR 308s, they had a combination of big and small windows.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Bogie said:

I am looking at this thread after a very big lunch with two of my brothers.   God this thing is hilarious!

Is it meant to be?

Hi Bogie

Don't know.

I intended to be, but,

Who cares.

A good bit of rock n roll

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Woody

Look,  you may scoff but I'll have you know that GER and its territory  was as much at the cutting edge of modern music as its superbly laid track took railway engineering to a new level.

Heres one artiste whose ground breaking music typifies the GER's go ahead up to the minute service :-

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+the+singng+postman&docid=608019055489713685&mid=2AF63299BA11D29221422AF63299BA11D2922142&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, jazzer said:

Look,  you may scoff but I'll have you know that GER and its territory  was as much at the cutting edge of modern music as its superbly laid track took railway engineering to a new level.

Heres one artiste whose ground breaking music typifies the GER's go ahead up to the minute service :-

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+the+singng+postman&docid=608019055489713685&mid=2AF63299BA11D29221422AF63299BA11D2922142&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

I am sure I have posted one Allan's tunes on here before. This is one of his best.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Trains ran, and I enjoyed myself. Cocked up the middle door windows on the SK being made form a sleeper, not too bad so sure they will look OK when finished.

Listened to some good songs that have been suggested by Spotify. Not suggested by Spotify but by You Tube and all I can say about it is WOW!!!!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 15/10/2020 at 23:51, Clive Mortimore said:

Ran some trains and did some model making.

Hi Clive,

Kicked that falling asleep after tea trick then?

Sure Mrs. M didn't lace your tea in an attempt to keep you from the trains?

Least you're not going down with that Virus thingy -mind you if you did, I suppose it would double Lincolnshire's tally, so the numpties would put you straight in tier 3!!

You've got to laugh, but no disrespect meant to those who are/have suffered!

Please watch what you are doing everyone?

Cheers

Paul  

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Hi Clive,

Kicked that falling asleep after tea trick then?

Sure Mrs. M didn't lace your tea in an attempt to keep you from the trains?

Least you're not going down with that Virus thingy -mind you if you did, I suppose it would double Lincolnshire's tally, so the numpties would put you straight in tier 3!!

You've got to laugh, but no disrespect meant to those who are/have suffered!

Please watch what you are doing everyone?

Cheers

Paul  

Hi Paul

Mrs M has always been positive about my hobby, never involved but has always let me partake in it. I think she was clever enough to realise if a bloke has a passion for something most ladies would not be interested don't stop him because she knew if I was in the manshed or down the railway club that is what I was doing and not going off playing away from home.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Paul

Mrs M has always been positive about my hobby, never involved but has always let me partake in it. I think she was clever enough to realise if a bloke has a passion for something most ladies would not be interested don't stop him because she knew if was in the manshed or down the railway club that is what I was doing and not going off playing away from home.

Hi Clive,

I have always advised single women that should they wish to meet a decent chap find one with a shed. I would also add that it matters not what they do in the shed from toy trains to stamp collecting, just get a man with a shed.

When asked why I always said, "Because when he is in his shed he will be thinking of you, and when he is in you he will be thinking of his shed ".

The usual response was, "That's disgusting ! " to which I would reply, "Yes, but true."

Gibbo

Edited by Gibbo675
Improper grammar.
  • Like 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

When I'm in my shed I definitely don't waste time thinking about wimmin.... too busy swearing at the latest project, which for some reason is being really awkward and fiddly. 

Just three loco sidings and a turntable, but the mojo is not flowing at all.  

20201017_163001.jpg.4bf5f0d34f4761a9b892b23ee1d7841a.jpg

Yo Doc

Don't worry it will without you noticing.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

When I'm in my shed I definitely don't waste time thinking about wimmin.... too busy swearing at the latest project, which for some reason is being really awkward and fiddly. 

Just three loco sidings and a turntable, but the mojo is not flowing at all.  

20201017_163001.jpg.4bf5f0d34f4761a9b892b23ee1d7841a.jpg

Hi Dr Fritters,

Bit like like women then.

Gibbo.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

You mean there might be two women who are willing to take you on?

Mike.

Hi Mike

I think I have said before Mrs M used a massive threat, if I was to have an affair she would find where the other woman lived and dump the train set on her door way. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 5