Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:
5 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Mike,

If its children's songs how about this one:

Gibbo.

Well, that's erm, err, um, ..... 'interesting'.  It must have been a hit during the decades that I didn't watch TOTP, as I am sure I would recall something like this.  Did Madonna sue, or did Mad Donna's use count as parody?

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Alex TM said:

Well, that's erm, err, um, ..... 'interesting'.  It must have been a hit during the decades that I didn't watch TOTP, as I am sure I would recall something like this.  Did Madonna sue, or did Mad Donna's use count as parody?

Hi Alex,

Interesting is certainly one way of describing it ! Apparently it is a mickey take of Ray of Light.

I vaguely remember hearing it on the wireless when it was released but as I haven't had a television for nearly twenty years I missed Top of the Pops, which is unfortunate, but hey-ho.

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Clive absolutely ...king great! They are old gits too!

There is hope in the world - unreconstructed PUNK!

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Richard B

PS Nice picture of a French Pre-Dreadnought after the play -- my goodness they were ugly!

Edited by 30368
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 30368 said:

Clive absolutely ...king great! They are old gits too!

There is hope in the world - unreconstructed PUNK!

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Richard B

PS Nice picture of a French Pre-Dreadnought after the play -- my goodness they were ugly!

Hi Richard

They are younger than me.

One of them has frequented this thread in the past.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Richard

They are younger than me.

But Clive, your picture is of a thirty something - a slip of a lad....but back to reality.

They are a lot younger than me too but they are not in the "flower of youth" either - except for the youngster on drums.

As always - keep up the good work!

Kind regards,

Richard

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 30368 said:

But Clive, your picture is of a thirty something - a slip of a lad....but back to reality.

They are a lot younger than me too but they are not in the "flower of youth" either - except for the youngster on drums.

As always - keep up the good work!

Kind regards,

Richard

Hi Richard

I was 23 when that photo was taken :(

I would use a present day photo but there enough pictures of old bald men thinking they are young already on here.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 8

29 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Richard

I was 23 when that photo was taken :(

I would use a present day photo but there enough pictures of old bald men thinking they are young already on here.

Hi Clive,

I'm not bald*, although I know for  a fact that I am about 13 within oneself.

* This is not a bragging right, it just hasn't fallen out yet.

Gibbo.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Dear Clive and Gibbo,

Sorry Clive, my initial thoughts were "as a young man in his twenties" but could just see the beginnings of the older man due, I thought, to the arrival of children. I think I should stop digging!

Gibbo, I'm with you - 73 and still a full head of hair (NOT bragging, its down to genes and chance) and inside (don't let the daughters and army of grandchildren know though)  I'm about 13, 14 maybe.

Isn't life great!

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Sandhole said:

When this bloody disease allows gigs again, go and see them live!!

The last gig I saw was in March, I watched New Model Army's streamed live show at the weekend, made me realise just how much I am missing live music. Normally I am at gigs every week, I work in the industry as a lighting engineer for shows. I can't wait for life to restart and to be allowed to work again.

Andi

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Andi,

I didn't know that New Model Army were still performing, thats great - is Justin O'Sullivan still the front man? Thanks for the info. I saw them a few times in the 1980's and my daughters many more times. Wonderful lyrics, now where are my clogs?

Kind regards,

Richard B

Edited by 30368
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 30368 said:

Andi,

I didn't know that New Model Army were still performing, thats great - is Justin O'Sullivan still the front man? Thanks for the info. I saw them a few times in the 1980's and my daughters many more times. Wonderful lyrics, now were are my clogs?

Kind regards,

Richard B

Justin is the mainstay, the only member who has been there from the beginning. The current line up are pretty amazing live, Justin is still as good a performer as ever. The music seems to get better and better. They are celebrating the 40th anniversary of NMA this year, should have been lots of live shows but they've all been postponed to next year hence the streamed show. Get your tickets now for the Roundhouse Dec2021 show. I'm still wearing my clogs :-)

Andi 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Love those cut and shuts. Got to admit, makes me glad I do BR, and one realises how much the MK1 brought standardisation to the network. All the different period designs, with different lengths, and compartments of different sizes, must have made repairs and maintenance fun.  Reading how the production line at Derby was set up, it also makes one realise how much a advance structurally the MK1 was as well.

You have got me thinking now, when I can recover my book, there might be some MK2 than can be cut and shut. Also, need to look at the Lima MK2, see if they may least match the prototype and how they can be improved.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 28/10/2020 at 20:23, 30368 said:

Dear Clive and Gibbo,

Sorry Clive, my initial thoughts were "as a young man in his twenties" but could just see the beginnings of the older man due, I thought, to the arrival of children. I think I should stop digging!

Gibbo, I'm with you - 73 and still a full head of hair (NOT bragging, its down to genes and chance) and inside (don't let the daughters and army of grandchildren know though)  I'm about 13, 14 maybe.

Isn't life great!

Kind regards,

Richard B

We are all about 13 /14 inside. If we weren’t we wouldn’t be playing with toy trains......

Yep life is great. Trains enable us to keep our sanity while the rest of the world go barmy ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium
On 29/10/2020 at 00:13, Clive Mortimore said:

And another for the morning, didn't miss this one today,

Loved this piece of work - great visual and musical feast - time's winged arrow.

Thanks,

Richard B

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1