Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Jazzer

I have be banned three times in the past from RMweb, a video of me dancing would be a fourth and final ban. :banned:

Who in their right mind wants to see a old fat bald bloke wiggling his bum out of rhythm and with the added potential of him singing, and occasionally hitting the right note. By accident?  :dance::dancing:

Hi Clive, don't worry, we will form a "Release Clive now" Committee and do similar dances. We could bring RMweb to a halt for literally seconds.

Or join you in the sin bin.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Signaller69 said:

Hi Clive, don't worry, we will form a "Release Clive now" Committee and do similar dances. We could bring RMweb to a halt for literally seconds.

Or join you in the sin bin.

Hi Martyn,

I would suggest sin bin is the more likely outcome if any of the NKVD apparatchiks of the CCCЯM find out.

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Martyn

The 108 has the wrong body profile for a 114 or a 107.

The Derby lightweights and the 108s had a continuous curve like a BR Mk1 (I am not sure if it is the same radius) but had there windows set low like a LMS coach.

The 114 and 107 (and the Derby suburban units) had a LMS profile with the windows set higher as on a BR coach. Very confusing :dontknow:

If you place a ruler on a photo of a blue livery 107 or 114 where the yellow meets the blue from the roof until about 3/4 of the way down it is straight then there is a tuck under. Do the same to a lightweight or 108 and there is nowhere straight for the ruler to line up with. :paint:

It is with this knowledge I know my two lightweight singles are wrong, along with the window spacing on the center seating bay, the incorrect under gubbins, bogies too close together and me making the cabs. :rtfm:

This is very true, my chop & stitch DMUs have such errors too. I find the body profile issue isn't too obvious in most cases, particularly as they are generally viewed from the side. Certainly a worthwhile compromise to achieve something not otherwise easily available though.

Talking of rulers having nothing straight to refer to, reminds me I need to buy a new "engineers square". I know I can cut a well marked, straight line. But several projects now seem to have shown that my existing one seems to be set at about 87°, so as much use as a chocolate teapot.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 15/02/2021 at 22:25, Clive Mortimore said:

I never tier of views of trains snaking across the station throat.

Agree. Looking forward to the current global issues ending and seeing it first hand again. It really is a lovely layout to operate and watch Clive...... and getting enough time off work with nothing better to do so I can return the hospitality! Is the family of refugees in the stable still waiting for me to properly finish my workshop?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

Agree. Looking forward to the current global issues ending and seeing it first hand again. It really is a lovely layout to operate and watch Clive...... and getting enough time off work with nothing better to do so I can return the hospitality! Is the family of refugees in the stable still waiting for me to properly finish my workshop?

I too look forward to you visiting again.

Ah!! the refugees, the last I heard form them was they were making their way to Scotland to see if you and your mates could put them up in one the hangers, haven't they arrived yet?

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

I did a bit of operating earlier and things didn't go well, so I gave up. It was me not the trains.

So I have had a feet up evening.

Here is the band that started my interest in punkish female bands back in the late 70s, Kleenex from Switzerland, 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Inspired by Clive’s multicoloured chop shop, I though why not create a 4 REP class 432?

Many cuts later and I achieved this!

Triang for the brake first TBF and driving motor second DMSO.

The buffet is a Lima RBR which needs some windows filling/ moving. But as Triang do not make a coach with 3/4 windows, this was the easier option.

Only two different liveries of coach, so I will have to try hard to source more colours  for next time!

73D878AB-F2A6-4A00-B01C-EA257A7780C6.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Who in their right mind wants to see a old fat bald bloke wiggling his bum out of rhythm and with the added potential of him singing, and occasionally hitting the right note. By accident? 

Elvis Presley made a living out of it.

Mike.

• Funny 8

10 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I too look forward to you visiting again.

Ah!! the refugees, the last I heard form them was they were making their way to Scotland to see if you and your mates could put them up in one the hangers, haven't they arrived yet?

They've not arrived yet, but there's no hangars where I'm at so they might have gone to the wrong place.

• Funny 3

19 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

So.

:dancing::dance::dancing::dancing::dancing:

That is me trying to do the same dance as everyone else.

Nooooo:bo_mini:. Not that.

Here's a couple of antidotes for those, like me, of a sensitive disposition where music is concerned:sungum:

https://youtu.be/v2AC41dglnM.

https://youtu.be/pAgnJDJN4VA.

And if you want to move around in time to the music, the perfect air drumming track  

https://youtu.be/TnzFRV1LwIo

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

So.

:dancing::dance::dancing::dancing::dancing:

That is me trying to do the same dance as everyone else.

BBC4 shows old editions of ToTP every Friday.  My wife and I enjoy the nostalgia, although we are fast-forwarding through much of it now as they are up to 1990 and it's the rave/dance era, which was terrible.  At least the Britpop/Madchester scene will arrive shortly, then we'll get "Smells like Teen Spirit" and the world will never be the same again.

Once they get to 1998 we will get to the edition where I'm in the audience, showing some moves to Brandy, Billie Piper, M People et al.  For some reason though, the production team wanted me and my mate to stand at the back....

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Northmoor said:

BBC4 shows old editions of ToTP every Friday.  My wife and I enjoy the nostalgia, although we are fast-forwarding through much of it now as they are up to 1990 and it's the rave/dance era, which was terrible.  At least the Britpop/Madchester scene will arrive shortly, then we'll get "Smells like Teen Spirit" and the world will never be the same again.

Once they get to 1998 we will get to the edition where I'm in the audience, showing some moves to Brandy, Billie Piper, M People et al.  For some reason though, the production team wanted me and my mate to stand at the back....

Nothing wrong with a bit of rave/dance IMHO, some if the tracks can have quite an hallucinary quality to them.

This just evokes summer on the beach. 

And this has quite a railway feel to it, train climbing uphill then once over the top pulling away strongly.

Not sure about the video that goes with them but I get my music from radio, only time I see video now is on YouTube or similar.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

I like this as well, Emily normally plays Folk-punk under the name of Local News Legend, this is her latest project. She does daft You Tube live sessions from her bedroom, not only is she a nice looking redhead (a big plus) but she has a Dalek poster on her bedroom wall.....how cool is that.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

There was a video on the Clubland channel on Sunday evening, similar to the one below - watching it brought a whole wave of melancholy when I remembered I'm no longer one of those young people - I get my covid vaccine next week, that's how old I am.

Something along the lines of inside there is a teenager wondering what the f*** happened!

• Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

43 minutes ago, john new said:

Something along the lines of inside there is a teenager wondering what the f*** happened!

Hi John,

You are referring to a state of mind problem that is easily solved by not treating oneself as; over the hill, fuddy duddy, past it, too old for this sort of thing, or anything else along such lines.

My body will soon be 51 but my conscious mind is timeless and as such I am able to place myself anywhere that my state of conscious mind decrees.

Remember, healthy mind, healthy body, and as a result in my case nothing much has changed. I shall add there is nothing stopping anyone else taking such a path, in fact I would suggest that it has much to be recommended.

Gibbo.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

If you want to mix your clubland dance music with some railway related video then Lasgo - Something covers both bases. Is that Prague station? 

Hi Map

I watched the whole video and there was no Goggle class 754 locos, disappointed.

image.png.c138044dbbc6a33e6903adc7e4a31b29.png

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2