Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

There was a video on the Clubland channel on Sunday evening, similar to the one below - watching it brought a whole wave of melancholy when I remembered I'm no longer one of those young people - I get my covid vaccine next week, that's how old I am.

To much energetic young ladies for this old bloke.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi John,

You are referring to a state of mind problem that is easily solved by not treating oneself as; over the hill, fuddy duddy, past it, too old for this sort of thing, or anything else along such lines.

My body will soon be 51 but my conscious mind is timeless and as such I am able to place myself anywhere that my state of conscious mind decrees.

Remember, healthy mind, healthy body, and as a result in my case nothing much has changed. I shall add there is nothing stopping anyone else taking such a path, in fact I would suggest that it has much to be recommended.

Gibbo.

Agree re the attitude of mind but some things require a level of physical fitness I no longer possess, or at 68, could expect to have. As an example I would love to still be able to play football but.....

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Why does the bloke who looks at me in the morning from the other side of the mirror look like my dad?

Hi Clive,

If that is the case don't whatever you do get a black obsidian mirror and stare at it in candle light !

Gibbo.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi John,

You are referring to a state of mind problem that is easily solved by not treating oneself as; over the hill, fuddy duddy, past it, too old for this sort of thing, or anything else along such lines.

My body will soon be 51 but my conscious mind is timeless and as such I am able to place myself anywhere that my state of conscious mind decrees.

Remember, healthy mind, healthy body, and as a result in my case nothing much has changed. I shall add there is nothing stopping anyone else taking such a path, in fact I would suggest that it has much to be recommended.

Gibbo.

Hi Gibbo

That easier said than done, I could do a lot more when I was 51 than I can approaching 64.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gibbo

That easier said than done, I could do a lot more when I was 51 than I can approaching 64.

Hi Clive,

I didn't realise the ability to paint coaches became a reduced faculty with age.

Gibbo.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

You watched the whole of that song? I'm impressed!... or had you turned the volume off?

Hi Map

If it a song I already know and someone post it, depending on the song if I listen or not. Songs I do not know I will listen to, sometimes I admit I will click the stop button, but usually listen to and then say never again.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Get a what?

Hi Clive,

There is a form of divination known as scrying where the scryer stares into a black mirror made from obsidian or into an obsidian bowl filled with water. John Dee and Nostradamus are two well known scryers you may have heard of. This would be done as part of shadow work within ones own psyche.

To quote Nietzsche:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

25 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive,

There is a form of divination known as scrying where the scryer stares into a black mirror made from obsidian or into an obsidian bowl filled with water. John Dee and Nostradamus are two well known scryers you may have heard of. This would be done as part of shadow work within ones own psyche.

To quote Nietzsche:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Gibbo.

Yes, but if Nietzsche had had a train set he wouldn't have been so grumpy and written stuff like that.

John.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5

5 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi John,

Gibbo.m

Nothing has changed, except the waist line

• Funny 3

9 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

If you want a tune, try either bla bla bla or the riddle by a Italian DJ I can barely pronounce never mind spell. These work even better as ringtones to annoy ones fellow workers lol.

You mean:

And

By Gigi D'Agostino. Always a hypnotic video style!

• Funny 1

10 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

Nothing has changed, except the waist line

Hi Dave,

You are indeed correct, my waist line has indeed expanded since I was eighteen, I finally grew into 32" waist trousers by the age of twenty two and that is what size I still am.

The only thing that has changed shape is y right hand collar bone that I broke falling off my motorbike, but then I'm daft enough to ride one so it serves me right.

Knowing that you have read some of my posts I am rather surprised that judging me by your own standards would be thought appropriate by any of you out there !!!

Gibbo.

• Funny 1

1 minute ago, cheesysmith said:

Sir gibbo, I never judge anyone, and my standards have been said to be lower than whale sh1te.

Hi Dave,

What is all this Sir Gibbo lark  ?

Are you in league with that fellow Tyke @jessy1692 ?

He kindly sent me these for my L&MR carriage building project :

1548334374_DSCF14211.JPG.7f4c0347d978355866619b9fb3a2ca1a.JPG

Second time in a week what is that all about ?!?!

Gibbo.

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

7 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Dave,

What is all this Sir Gibbo lark  ?

Are you in league with that fellow Tyke @jessy1692 ?

He kindly sent me these for my L&MR carriage building project :

1548334374_DSCF14211.JPG.7f4c0347d978355866619b9fb3a2ca1a.JPG

Second time in a week what is that all about ?!?!

Gibbo.

Haha, thought you'd like the Gibbo! Have you had time to try them out yet?

Cheers

James

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, jessy1692 said:

Haha, thought you'd like the Gibbo! Have you had time to try them out yet?

Cheers

James

Hi James,

I'm not happy with the shade of yellow that I used and I think that I would prefer a lighter shade so it has stalled until I decide what to do. Yellow paint being what it is that could be difficult to sort out even I find a lighter shade. This is quite a problem because the shops are closed and looking at paint shades on line isn't good.

Gibbo.

• Friendly/supportive 3