Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

1 hour ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi James,

I'm not happy with the shade of yellow that I used and I think that I would prefer a lighter shade so it has stalled until I decide what to do. Yellow paint being what it is that could be difficult to sort out even I find a lighter shade. This is quite a problem because the shops are closed and looking at paint shades on line isn't good.

Gibbo.

Ah no probs, looking forward to seeing them and hope they go on OK. Yellow is a funny old colour, not sure if the yellow lettering will show up well but we shall see.

Cheers

James

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Clive,

That was unusually 'pop' for them, yet still enjoyable.  I was worried when I saw the acoustic but relaxed when I saw the electric hidden behind it ....  Continuing to get used to lines alternating between English and Japanese.

Regards,

Alex.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 17/02/2021 at 02:34, muddy water said:

Inspired by Clive’s multicoloured chop shop, I though why not create a 4 REP class 432?

Many cuts later and I achieved this!

Triang for the brake first TBF and driving motor second DMSO.

The buffet is a Lima RBR which needs some windows filling/ moving. But as Triang do not make a coach with 3/4 windows, this was the easier option.

Only two different liveries of coach, so I will have to try hard to source more colours  for next time!

73D878AB-F2A6-4A00-B01C-EA257A7780C6.jpeg

Hi Muddy

Looking forward to seeing this develop. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 17/02/2021 at 22:59, cheesysmith said:

Clive, some other threads have polls or semi competition. How about you provide the dimensions of the platform and the frontage, and see what designs people submit. Sketches and plans in keeping with the back story would be needed.

Hi Cheesy,

Good idea, the platforms are 91 inches long and the station is 40 inches wide inside the walls of the train shed. There could be buildings along the side of the train shed. The concourse is only 3 1/2 inches wide as modelled but could be bigger.  No station building as it and a bigger concourse would not allow the fat bald bloke access to the control panel.

Platform 8 is wider as it has space for the parcels road vans to be loaded and unloaded.

966293039_newmaster6insplatscenic.png.3f87c53c43154590abc7d7946ce65247.png

Go for it gang.

Judging will be done on Friday 12th March, so you have time to submit several ideas.

Here is mine.

image.png.479b2eb25b15a4e56c47b45bc83cd0ba.png

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I keep looking at both Wakefield kirkgate and Manchester Victoria for inspiration for the style and run down look.

Also, just got a new book. British railways modernisation era DMUs by transport treasury publishing. Good book full of older photos of different DMUs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, cheesysmith said:

I keep looking at both Wakefield kirkgate and Manchester Victoria for inspiration for the style and run down look.

Also, just got a new book. British railways modernisation era DMUs by transport treasury publishing. Good book full of older photos of different DMUs.

Hi Dave,

Should Clive base his station building upon Wakefield Kirkgate then the conundrum arises that if he were to create an accurate representation of such a decrepit structure we would not know if he had ever completed the model.

This may might mean that Clive feels that he is an architectural genius, while at the same time some of knavish intent may make jibes about it being currently, and indeed permanently, in provision.

In turn it could in time be a source of mundane black comedy rival to that of the lack of final finish that ought be applied to a certain manufacture of otherwise most excellent bespoke carriages !

Regrettably, I fear the word terminal may take upon itself quite another meaning in such context.

Gibbo.

Edited by Gibbo675
Improper grammar.
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1