Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Ray

Cor that is a nice model.

Steve (31A) has sent me a drawing of the P1 tender. Now do I go about hacking the Hornby groups standard tender, and ignore/modify the chassis. Or take the tender off of this beastie and modify it to one dragged by one of another 7 B2s?  I am not taking the easy route of doing Royal Sovereign. 

001a.jpg.169537fa73a5b229a89ea38eab8e84a1.jpg

A class of 10 locos with 6 different designs/styles of tender (2 LNER and 4 NER). 2 also carry Westinghouse air brake pumps, and have different types of tender to each other. LNER standardisation at its best. :locomotive:

There was a war on, you know.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 01/06/2021 at 18:46, cheesysmith said:

I was up in the loft looking for something, when I came across this. I had to share it to all the fellow cut`n`shut fetishes on here lol.

DSCF0129.JPG.fbdc7f007ee859758282b9417952e8a1.JPG

Talk about blast from the past.

If you fancy selling it, I'll take it off your hands. 

On 02/06/2021 at 18:13, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Ray

Cor that is a nice model.

Steve (31A) has sent me a drawing of the P1 tender. Now do I go about hacking the Hornby groups standard tender, and ignore/modify the chassis. Or take the tender off of this beastie and modify it to one dragged by one of another 7 B2s?  I am not taking the easy route of doing Royal Sovereign. 

001a.jpg.169537fa73a5b229a89ea38eab8e84a1.jpg

A class of 10 locos with 6 different designs/styles of tender (2 LNER and 4 NER). 2 also carry Westinghouse air brake pumps, and have different types of tender to each other. LNER standardisation at its best. :locomotive:

Hi Clive ,

It looks to me as if modifying your N.E.R. tender might be as much a faf as hacking about a group standard tender , especially after seeing your cut &shut coaches & diesels . I think you would have to modify the chassis though , as the difference is quite noticeable . Perhaps Comet could supply you with a 6' 3" + 6' 3" simple chassis , worth checking anyway .

Whatever you do , I look forward to seeing it on here .

Cheers ,

Ray .

P.S.  the tenders were to extend the range of the locos , replacing the small G.E.R. tenders  , & of course , cost nothing as they were spare anyway . This was common practise on the cash strapped L.N.E.R. !

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

New toy, a Wills Tilbury 3 cylinder class 4 tank. I won it on Vectis Auction. I also won 11 of the newish Hornby Stainer coaches, at worked out at just over £18 each, no idea what I am going to do with them, as yet.

004a.jpg.fece885e38b60036932fc39ea0760154.jpg

005a.jpg.d2286922c4cce7f1bdb11d64da1364db.jpg

006a.jpg.13f9a23f9c2d1065c22ba076a9ad2a14.jpg

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I also won 11 of the newish Hornby Stainer coaches, at worked out at just over £18 each, no idea what I am going to do with them, as yet.

Hmmm, let’s see, Razor Saw, Mitre Block, Plasticard, Glue, occasional Lump Hammer, but definitely No Paint!  :jester:

Paul

• Agree 2
  • Funny 9

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

New toy, a Wills Tilbury 3 cylinder class 4 tank. I won it on Vectis Auction. I also won 11 of the newish Hornby Stainer coaches, at worked out at just over £18 each, no idea what I am going to do with them, as yet.

Run them on Sheffield Exchange I assume? ;)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Flying Fox 34F said:

Hmmm, let’s see, Razor Saw, Mitre Block, Plasticard, Glue, occasional Lump Hammer, but definitely No Paint!  :jester:

Paul

Hi Paul

I will paint my stock one day. I am in the process of decorating the workshop where the spray booth will be located. As I sit here next to me is the compressor and air brushes. 

What with a mitre block and a razor saw. A straight edge and a number 11 Bard-Parker blade.

Another song from Alicia, I am spoiling you all,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

004a.jpg.0c9ea98100cee4f7d1e6e7291187e1e4.jpg

005a.jpg.9327460b7ce7bddc105658186c92bcc0.jpg

006a.jpg.b9ff4a23276f1ad65c29a6e6bdfb3422.jpg

Shame to paint the inaccurate livery as it suits the loco quite well.

richard 

• Like 2

Clive,

The original plan for the B2 tenders was to use the G.S. tenders from the V2 based A2s. They got used for some new build locos instead.

You could invoke modellers licence (or indeed rule 1) and say that they used the V2 tenders as planed. Or the tender was swapped with one from a withdrawn B17.

Ray

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

. . . . .  As I sit here next to me . . . . . 

Clive

I knew you had many talents but didn't realise one was being a contortionist.  :jester:

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

No trains today as I was very busy, "And on the seventh day he rested", fat chance. Anyhow tomorrow could be

Wow, I've loved this since it came out, used to get loads of airplay on Radio Caroline - Ding Ding - I even managed to find it on 7" not that long back. Pity that Opus3 did that awful cover of it though.

Andi

• Like 2