Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi There Enodoc,

She actually played the third movement first which is the bit she really likes best and then after the interlude she played the whole lot so not necessarily, especially as each movement is indeed a stand alone piece in and of itself.

That is what she said and who am I to know as I can only play the organ*.

Gibbo.

* To think, "during the interlude" is to lower oneself to my level or something of that ilk.

Sounds good. What I meant was that she would have been unlikely to play a violin concerto on a different instrument, such as the organ...

7 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Ah young Gibbo,

The poor little rich lady was the one studying sculpture.

Anyhow why can't working class people study sculpture. It is similar to oiks liking classical music, it isn't the privilege of the toffs. You proved it.

Ah Youngish Clive,

More a comment upon social conditioning, is is not ?

Gibbo.

• Like 3

The song common people would be a lot different now, as Sheffield centre is dead. Just where the spice zombies and drunks hang out now. All aided by the council non regeneration policy (or let's say they don't have a clue policy). 

Anybody who remembers the old Sheffield city centre, especially the night life, don't come back, it would just ruin what good memories you have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

The song common people would be a lot different now, as Sheffield centre is dead. Just where the spice zombies and drunks hang out now. All aided by the council non regeneration policy (or let's say they don't have a clue policy). 

Anybody who remembers the old Sheffield city centre, especially the night life, don't come back, it would just ruin what good memories you have.

You mean The Buccaneer, Wapentake, Scamps and Josephines have closed, Oh no!

Mike.

All gone, even the replacements have gone, and some of the replacements for the replacements have gone. And with covid about the only things open in Sheffield are either pound land or charity shops.

All aided by Sheffield council don't have a clue policy. You cannot even get picked up from a wedding at the registry office now because of the let's pedestrian the city centre for non existent shoppers, and make those same non existent shoppers walk further as well, even by bus.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

All gone, even the replacements have gone, and some of the replacements for the replacements have gone. And with covid about the only things open in Sheffield are either pound land or charity shops.

All aided by Sheffield council don't have a clue policy. You cannot even get picked up from a wedding at the registry office now because of the let's pedestrian the city centre for non existent shoppers, and make those same non existent shoppers walk further as well, even by bus.

Hi Dave,

It is as though Matt Johnson new you were going to make the above post:

Gibbo.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Changing the subject, on the Imaginary Locomotives thread they have got chatting about teh suburban railways around Boston, not the one near where I live but the one with hills in the USA. Well as soon as someone mentions trains in the Boston area this song comes to mind. 

As for being the 51st state as in the song Gibbo posted , here is another one,

I bet Cloggydog is in that crowd somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Sheffield used to be such a progressive and considerate Council. Flat fare buses when I used to go out to Tinsley from the City Centre (Yorkshire Traction?); Brinsley 3 Magpies please.

Too many bleddy career politicians probably, rather than good old fashioned (and often corrupt) locals? That Black Mayor seemed like a good lad though?

Gentrified is it + millions of Students?

P

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Well as mayor of my own Sheffield I am up for some corruption.

G'Day Folks

Would sixpence and a bag of sweets get you to paint your coaches in your Corporate colours ????????

manna

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

35 minutes ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

Would sixpence and a bag of sweets get you to paint your coaches in your Corporate colours ????????

manna

Hi Manna,

All you will for that is a load of HUMBUG !!!!!!!!!!!!

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

On 06/07/2021 at 18:17, Clive Mortimore said:

Well as mayor of my own Sheffield I am up for some corruption.

Ah, it all falls into place now. Sheffield Exchange takes its name from the days when brown envelopes were passed around  in the dark alley way behind the ticket office in exchange for blind eyes being turned and “favours” being given.  I am shocked.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Nothing new to report from Sheff Ex

A new release form Amyl and the Sniffers, cool as the not so young say.

Hi Clive,

In an attempt to find out what the young actually do say I asked my daughter. She told me that as she is thirty she has no idea either.

Don't worry though I still act as though I am twelve.

Gibbo.

Edited by Gibbo675
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive,

In an attempt to find out what the young actually do say I asked my daughter. She told me that as she is thirty she has no idea either.

Don't worry though I still act as though I am twelve.

Gibbo.

Hi Gibbo

I acted as if I was grown up once, soon got better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

21 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I am going to give RMweb a rest for a while.

A song that u tube kept suggesting and then Chard suggested on faceache

Clive,

enjoy your rest from RMweb.  

see you soon

Paul

• Like 3
  • Agree 1