Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

When are we going stop having those stupid pop up videos? 

I understand you don't get them if you are a "Gold member".

I understand all the benefits of RMweb Gold.  Personally I don't really need them (for now).  I would be more than happy to buzz off a £5 to Mr @AY Mod and team for just the removal of the adds for the year tbh.

Cheers

Edited by Tim Dubya
Alright, a £10 then ;)
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

When are we going stop having those stupid pop up videos? 

I understand you don't get them if you are a "Gold member".

Hi Clive,

We live in an upside down, inside out and backward world where to access the content that we have all created has to be paid for so as to gain access. Don't worry, I guarantee it will all get so much more weirdly worse before it gets anything like better.

I have pulled three cards to divine the future of not just but mainly RMweb, and also social media as it stands.

Two cards jumped out in reverse they were the Eight of Pentacles and the Queen of Cups, followed by the Knight of Swords that was pulled upright.

DSCF1568.JPG.59d84cc290989aa9201f8006fda727cb.JPG

1. Eight of Pentacles, Reversed, A concentration of immediate returns at the expense of long turn success. The misuse of skill, dishonestly in business affairs. Diversion of business opportunities to improper ends.
  2. Queen of Cups, Reversed, She is grasping, miserly, or else a spendthrift. She pours her wealth into new forms of display, extravagant luxury, overwhelming opulence. She is narrow in her outlook and suspicious of what she does not understand. She uses her power to surround herself with sycophants and shuts out criticism or reproach. Her life is circumscribed by her material possessions and she is unable to rise above them.
  3. Knight of Swords, Upright, He is courageous, strong, highly skilled and at his best in a difficult situation. He indicates the approach of battles that must be fought and enemies who must be defeated by strength of arms. he is the archetypal warrior.

I could explain why this is the case in much greater detail, and will do so if requested, however most on here would think me even more completely crackers than they already do, not that I care of course !

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

completely crackers

You said it but, it's fair to say, I find some of your inferences personally offensive. I will put it down to your ignorance of realities and practicalities.

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Bloodnok said:

Time for a new browser? Brave seems to have been able to edit all of those out. I never saw a single one.

Hi, what are you running it on?  I downloaded the Android app but it refuses to load up on my 6th month old droid.

Cheers

Edited by Tim Dubya
too man of these "?"

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Clagmeister said:

I would say this sums things up perfectly 

Taking criticism should not be the same as sitting quiet whilst you are being insulted, that's the same as racism or sexism. Doing yourself proud there.

6 minutes ago, Clagmeister said:

She is narrow in her outlook and suspicious of what she does not understand. She uses her power to surround herself with sycophants and shuts out criticism or reproach. 

I would say this sums things up perfectly ;)

I caught that line too, it most definitely describes general social media quite nicely. I don't class RMweb in the same self involved social media bracket as faceache, Instagram, whatever the hell tiktok is, etc; I find it a much more pleasant place to visit. I think the much mentioned videos must be appearing differently for different users, mine don't seem to be visually blocking anything and just involve scrolling a touch further :huh: I can live with that.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

I think the much mentioned videos must be appearing differently for different users, mine don't seem to be visually blocking anything and just involve scrolling a touch further :huh: I can live with that.

The whole screen on my droid gets filled with ads, not the end of the world but annoying. 

Screenshot_20211013-205110.png.f2cf5448f1d7af2c3b3256ab61a35b4a.png

As I said previously, I would be more than happy to pay a small (compared to gold membership) fee for an add-free RMweb. I couldn't be without it.

Cheers

Edited by Tim Dubya
Chips
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

I caught that line too, it most definitely describes general social media quite nicely. I don't class RMweb in the same self involved social media bracket as faceache, Instagram, whatever the hell tiktok is, etc; I find it a much more pleasant place to visit. I think the much mentioned videos must be appearing differently for different users, mine don't seem to be visually blocking anything and just involve scrolling a touch further :huh: I can live with that.

Hi Map

I find them distracting and unnecessary. At least with an advert you can shout at it, "If I want to buy you I would have looked you up".

Having said that I do like the turtle one, I find it relaxing.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

I enjoy RMWeb and have gained a lot from it, including those on this thread.  So I am happy to have ‘invested’ in Gold membership in the hope that it helps to maintain what I enjoy.   If the ‘experiment’ with the videos was to see how many it encouraged to upgrade to Gold the answer is At least One!

Paul.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Woody, Doc and Gilbert suggested I have Adblock Plus. Thank you all, it has worked.

17 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Sorry Clive, I had no wish to interrupt your topic but I won't sit back and be insulted.

I am a bit upset that Andy has had to interrupt us, after all this is a fun hobby and a thread where we have fun hopefully.  Thank you Andy for the above post.

Off to find a video of turtles swimming.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

I understand all the benefits of RMweb Gold.  Personally I don't really need them (for now).  I would be more than happy to buzz off a £5 to Mr @AY Mod and team for just the removal of the adds for the year tbh.

Cheers

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/158853-advertising/

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Ok not turtles swimming but a song @Andrew P and his band can add to their play sheet.

Yeah, its o.k. but I don't think our 74 year old singer could cope with those high notes, let alone me on Bass, I cant wear Hot Pants either.:laugh:

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yeah, its o.k. but I don't think our 74 year old singer could cope with those high notes, let alone me on Bass, I cant wear Hot Pants either.:laugh:

Is this more up your street, just need to find three young ladies to sing with you.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

What the real "Modern Image " looked like

I am modelling (cutting and a shutting) the last but one coach in the last train. Who can guess what it is?

Edited by Clive Mortimore