Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

22 hours ago, Andrew P said:

When I die, I want to come back as a Guitar, BUT, knowing my luck though, Liam Gallagher would buy me, or worse still Pete Townsend and I'd get smashed into a live Amp.:o

Judging by the videos you posted I suppose you envisage yourself in the “support “ group .:huh:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Yes three is the magic number

As I approach my 6th decade on planet earth, I find I have developed a taste for classic hip hop music...

The album is, to quote Frank Carson, a cracker :good: ... oh yes it is.... it's a cracker

Oh, and I have developed a Beastie Boys habit myself in recent years.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

The album is, to quote Frank Carson, a cracker :good: ... oh yes it is.... it's a cracker

Oh, and I have developed a Beastie Boys habit myself in recent years.

We were on holiday in North Wales and on a day it didn't rain we went to Llandudno. Frank Carson was appearing in a theater there and was walking around the town saying hello to everyone. Mrs M was expecting child B, Frank Carson looked at her and said "I see the honeymoon is over" followed by his infectious laugh. A personal joke from Frank Carson, how good is that.  :yahoo::yahoo:

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

They were some of the best entertainers, even though what they did would not be allowed now because it might upset someone (snowflakes). It is like the Sheffield city council having banned roy chubby brown from doing his show in Sheffield. Everyone knows his show is rude and offensive, so if you don`t like it, don`t go see it. But to impose your views on others?

On the railway front, not much been going on lately, but have figured out how to change a hatchette mk1 to commonwealth bogies and keep the cam coupling system. Thinking I am going to repaint them blue/grey for a Skegness rake with a pair of choppers on the front. Might even model some windows open with the required bashers hanging out of them.

Just trying to work out if it is worthwhile changing the solid trussing for bit from SP.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

On the railway front, not much been going on lately, but have figured out how to change a hatchette mk1 to commonwealth bogies and keep the cam coupling system. Thinking I am going to repaint them blue/grey for a Skegness rake with a pair of choppers on the front. Might even model some windows open with the required bashers hanging out of them.

I'm surprised that you virtually never see "bashers" captured in model form.  Considering you can buy RTR weathered coaches for those who daren't, I wonder what would be the market for some Mk1 TSOs with hangers at every window?  

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

I'm surprised that you virtually never see "bashers" captured in model form.  Considering you can buy RTR weathered coaches for those who daren't, I wonder what would be the market for some Mk1 TSOs with hangers at every window?  

Just need to browse the military modelling sites to find enough 1/76th WW2 German soldiers saluting, arms out stretched failing (I think that was what it was called). If wearing caps remove them, if wearing helmets then paint them brown or sandy colour as they would be just right for the typical hair cut worn by most bashers in the late 70s early 80s.

• Like 4
  • Funny 6