Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

Remember when there was freight trains there instead of somewhere to store new trains waiting software updates?

Love the face on 37 123.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

On another thread someone has mentioned he is building a LMS articulated pair as they do not appear on here. he doesn't visit this mad thread then.

001a.jpg.04a2632edf0c5c72d10a1e7601db0caf.jpg

A SO+BSO pair from Airfix/Dapol coaches

a005.jpg.1dcbfa0fd92e51e492120d43d9adf223.jpg

A CO+SO pair from Hornby railroad LMS coaches.

Oh the fun I had building them....others on the same thread are moaning about building coaches, never mind.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 2

55 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

On another thread someone has mentioned he is building a LMS articulated pair as they do not appear on here. he doesn't visit this mad thread then.

001a.jpg.3c6b931332bfe412eb6a214732122773.jpg

A SO+BSO pair from Airfix/Dapol coaches

a005.jpg.91435e76e86eef34aaa7275cc7333fdf.jpg

A CO+SO pair from Hornby railroad LMS coaches.

Oh the fun I had building them....others on the same thread are moaning about building coaches, never mind.

Those are damn tasty Clive. 
You need the underframes sorting.
I got two brake/third artic twins off Dereck Lawrence.
My dear feiend Mike/Coachbogie, built them for me.
Lawrence provided standard trussrods, Mike scratched the central trussrods, from the pictures in Jenkinson's LMS coach volume.
Regards,
chris.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Sandhole said:

Those are damn tasty Clive. 
You need the underframes sorting.
I got two brake/third artic twins off Dereck Lawrence.
My dear feiend Mike/Coachbogie, built them for me.
Lawrence provided standard trussrods, Mike scratched the central trussrods, from the pictures in Jenkinson's LMS coach volume.
Regards,
chris.

Hi Chris

Any photos of them, please?

Still to do under gubbins, holes in the sides filled, windows to be sorted, roofs to have the vetilators in the right place and right type. The Hornby set needs LMS bogies. Plus somethings called painting, lining and numbering......................... don't people have imaginations these days :derisive:

• Like 4
  • Funny 3

The LMS only did a few articulated sets compared to the LNER. But they did build more open coaches than anybody else because they were lighter per passenger than compartment stock. This was due to the need to keep weight of trains down ith the low powered locos they had. Which makes it surprising that more articulated stock wasn't built with the savings in weight having fewer bogies. But the operating department disliked these and stuck them in out of the way places, so perfect for Sheffield exchange.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

5 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Chris

Any photos of them, please?

Still to do under gubbins, holes in the sides filled, windows to be sorted, roofs to have the vetilators in the right place and right type. The Hornby set needs LMS bogies. Plus somethings called painting, lining and numbering......................... don't people have imaginations these days :derisive:

And glazing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Where I keep finding different bands, quite a few from Spain this song pops up all the time. I do like it but it is not new, it is an 80s song. Alaska y Dinarama was like the Spanish version of Toyah Willcox, the nice punk lady. I find her performances very mediocre, but this song with the bloke who name I have still to find out is enjoyable, very 80s sound, his voice makes the song. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Where I keep finding different bands, quite a few from Spain this song pops up all the time. I do like it but it is not new, it is an 80s song. Alaska y Dinarama was like the Spanish version of Toyah Willcox, the nice punk lady. I find her performances very mediocre, but this song with the bloke who name I have still to find out is enjoyable, very 80s sound, his voice makes the song. 

And talking of Toyah, do you watch her and Husband, Robert Fripp / King Crimson for their Sunday Lunch Videos?

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 2

On 08/11/2021 at 23:16, Clive Mortimore said:

I have been modelling but this latest project might be  long one so here is a song to take your minds off things..

Photos of the underframes Mike built.
If you want shots of the bodies, please tell me.

IMG_20211111_132732.jpg

IMG_20211111_132743.jpg

IMG_20211111_132750.jpg

IMG_20211111_132820.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

What a wonderful pair of........... human beings*.  Hope I'm going to still be doing the things I enjoy when I'm in my mid-60s

*If you thought I should, or was going to write something else, shame on you.  Toyah clearly doesn't wear a bra but then as she's always been a punk, I suppose we should be grateful she's actually got a top on.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Northmoor said:

What a wonderful pair of........... human beings*.  Hope I'm going to still be doing the things I enjoy when I'm in my mid-60s

*If you thought I should, or was going to write something else, shame on you.  Toyah clearly doesn't wear a bra but then as she's always been a punk, I suppose we should be grateful she's actually got a top on.

Only two wires showing, so she must be DCC.:P

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Enough of this Toyah rubbish.  Here's a proper lady of music

She's even on my screen saver slide show.

2d19906545c5c07d24966f9622564320.jpg.9f6fd10669074aea0f5b945215f10f94.jpg

I seem to recall that she didn't often wear a bra either.

• Agree 1